Disney Quest Closing?

jedimaster1227

Don't know whether I trust jedimaster1227 at his word (no offense dude, but until I see a press release about ANYTHING Disney-related, I take it all with a healthy dose of skepticism), but I do know I'd be kinda bummed if DQ went the way of the dodo and Joannie Loves Chachi. Like your brilliant but drug-addicted ex-con uncle, nothing would make me happier than for this course to be turned around and for DQ to make something of itself.

No offense taken...You wouldn't be the first (and you probably aren't the last)! :wave:

I'm not gonna lie, I have to work a lot of hours to pull it off but I wouldn't trade it. But then agan, it takes a certain type of person. You can't look at Disney as a job....it's a way of life. If you view it as just a job, just a paycheck...then you won't be happy

I agree with you that if you are doing it just for the pay, then it isn't really working at Disney. Its working at a location, on Disney property. Disney is a way of life, and having recently explained it to my parents, theme parks are a way of life.

joshwill

I keep hearing this rumor and it never turns out to be ture but it scares me everytime. ESPN has nothing to offer to me.

Arcade Games > Sports

But maybe thats just cuz I am a child of the 80's

i think a dave and busters would be great for DTD, theyve got plenty of arcade games. :)

NadieMasK2

I have heard this same rumour from a CM friend in resort management. I have never had the chance to try DQ. However we really enjoyed ESPN at DLR and would probably dine there if it came. Time will tell.

goofyfan13

I love DQ and still go there every so often. Thinking about it though, if they did decide to close it, I wouldn't be too upset as long as it got a decent replacement, and didn't sit empty for 5 years.

Personally, I would love to see an ESPN Zone there, I've been to the one in Chicago and thought it was awesome.

jedimaster1227

Disneyquest is profitable in florida and will be here for a long time.Be looking for expanded offerings in the near future.

Expanded offerings? Such as what?

I know the Mighty Ducks is the next attraction to go when they decide to do something with it, but other than that, there is only a new restaurant in the works.

mrbillonooo

DQ is not closing...ESPN Zone is to be built past CO...the bowling is to be in PI, cosmic bowling theme...ESPN at the BW will be a sports club just not the ESPN name

scottnj1966

There used to be three Disney Quest's around the country.
they were all licensed by disney to use the name and have Disney based attractions inside.

Two closed because of not making any profits, the last one (downtown disney locale) was transferred to WDW operations and now is part of Disney World.

Even though it has been slow going for anything new inside and games falling apart and technology being dated, they are still doing very well. Many updates are planned. If they can do it, then it will increase its attendance.

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/disneyquest.htm

arielbabe

i hate disney quest its really pointless the only good thing is the make your own rollercoasters and they only have a few. computers in the restaurant area and you have to wait forever to get onto one. i liked a few of the other games like the mighty ducks pinball

bayoutinkbelle

i hate disney quest its really pointless the only good thing is the make your own rollercoasters and they only have a few computers in the restaurant area and you have to wait forever to get onto one

I agree that waiting for a computer can be a pain, but some folks -- me and my son, for instance -- really like DQ. But, I think the computers in that area are really dull. I'm all about the 80s games! :lol:

Of course, that's just my opinion. :kiss:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I've also heard that somewhere on the Disney property, a Disney Themed BOWLING ALLEY will come about. I actually came up with this idea & submitted it in to Disney Corporation, I don't know if they had the idea in mind already or if it was me, but. :p

When Disney receives a letter, and they see that it's an idea, before they can read any further, it is put away and never reopened. If on the envelope it expressly states it's an idea, it is never opened.

dazzer68

im in the uk and have never heard of ESPn and dont know what its is or does, and i guessing a lot of british are probably the same(?) there fore seems a bit of a silly idea to put espn in place of disneyquest which everone knows, as im sure a lot of the visitors to wdw and dtd are british it would probably not be patronised by the british. its only an idea im not saying you should fill the place with british names (virgin megastores) but international recognized names. after all how many americans would go into a british pub.......:hammer: :brick: haha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom