Disney Quest Closing?

TestTrack

im in the uk and have never heard of ESPn and dont know what its is or does, and i guessing a lot of british are probably the same(?) there fore seems a bit of a silly idea to put espn in place of disneyquest which everone knows, as im sure a lot of the visitors to wdw and dtd are british it would probably not be patronised by the british. its only an idea im not saying you should fill the place with british names (virgin megastores) but international recognized names. after all how many americans would go into a british pub.......:hammer: :brick: haha!

www.espn.com

arielbabe

im in the uk and have never heard of ESPn and dont know what its is or does, and i guessing a lot of british are probably the same(?) there fore seems a bit of a silly idea to put espn in place of disneyquest which everone knows, as im sure a lot of the visitors to wdw and dtd are british it would probably not be patronised by the british. its only an idea im not saying you should fill the place with british names (virgin megastores) but international recognized names. after all how many americans would go into a british pub.......:hammer: :brick: haha!
im from the uk aswell and i dont know what ESPn is either:veryconfu

davewasbaloo

im from the uk aswell and i dont know what ESPn is either:veryconfu

Once the Brits discover ESPN Zone, they'll love it (sadly). There are some great games in ESPN Zone and good food too.

For the Brits that don't know what it is - imagine a large bar restaurant (call it Sky Sports Bar) showing all the premiership games, rugby, cricket and F1 all at the same time - instead as this is the US, it's American Football, Baseball, Basketball, Ice Hockey, and Indy Car Racing. A place where you can decide what you want to watch at your table, or a main game on a film screen, and even in the toilets, and occassionally Des Lynham or Gary Liniker will come in and do a live TV show. Mix in a floor with a load of sports video games and a climbing wall - Fifa, racing etc. and mix in some good food and larger, and you would have a uk equivelent.

Personally, I would rather go to Disneyquest - I can easily spend a good 6 - 8 hours in there!

Dragonrider1227

I hope Disney doesn't close it. I havn't seen it yet and it holds such great potential. If they do, I hope they at least put some of the more popular games in the Tommorowland arcade. That'd ROCK!
Better yet, there's a lot of space in Tomorrowland. They should put them there

dazzer68

Once the Brits discover ESPN Zone, they'll love it (sadly). There are some great games in ESPN Zone and good food too.

For the Brits that don't know what it is - imagine a large bar restaurant (call it Sky Sports Bar) showing all the premiership games, rugby, cricket and F1 all at the same time - instead as this is the US, it's American Football, Baseball, Basketball, Ice Hockey, and Indy Car Racing. A place where you can decide what you want to watch at your table, or a main game on a film screen, and even in the toilets, and occassionally Des Lynham or Gary Liniker will come in and do a live TV show. Mix in a floor with a load of sports video games and a climbing wall - Fifa, racing etc. and mix in some good food and larger, and you would have a uk equivelent.

Personally, I would rather go to Disneyquest - I can easily spend a good 6 - 8 hours in there!

hang on i dont spend 2 grand spend 9 hours on a plane with my legs round my ears and waste two weeks of my holiday to be sat in a bar watching sport! i go on holiday to get away from that! and if i did want that id go to spain! haha not the theme park capital of the world! keep the quest!

I'm a brit and I knew what ESPN was o_O maybe I know too much about the US? XDDDD

In any case, why does this topic keep getting bumped? We found out AGES AGO this rumor was anything but true.

davewasbaloo

hang on i dont spend 2 grand spend 9 hours on a plane with my legs round my ears and waste two weeks of my holiday to be sat in a bar watching sport! i go on holiday to get away from that! and if i did want that id go to spain! haha not the theme park capital of the world! keep the quest!

Ah but remember, to a lot of Americans, WDW may be a 3 day jaunt that they visit often and want to take in a big game. It's not my cup of tea either, but there is definately a market. The ESPN Zones I've been to at DL, Chicago and Fla are always heaving. BTW - I've been during baseball season for novelty value (and good food).

Vernonpush

This will cause a major problem for parents looking to dump their kids somewhere they can run wild for a few hours

They need to keep Disney Quest and add the ESPN Zone. The kids get dumped at DQ, dad goes to ESPN Zone, and mom goes shopping at the Marketplace. Everyone's happy.

mbrittb00

I have only been to Disney Quest once (on our last trip). Some friends of ours had told us about it several years ago, but until our last trip our kids were too young to enjoy it so we never went. I have to admit that without our friends telling us we would have never known it was there. Obviously marking DQ wasn't a priority for WDW. That said, DQ is absolutely awesome. I would be very saddened if it did indeed close.

Understand that I am a HUGE sports fan, and have even been to the ESPN club on the boardwalk (and hated it), and will probably never go into another ESPN club in my life. This coming from a sports fan, but I just didn't like the atmosphere at the ESPN club. Of course everything being so loud that I had a headache after being there for 5 minutes probably had something to do with it.

Actually, DisneyQuest isn't set to close any time soon. In fact, DisneyQuest execs are eying the chance to put in a new restaurant inside of the DisneyQuest facility (not replacing it).

As for the Bowling alley, that was supposed to go in Pleasure Island. At the moment, that doesn't look like it will happen.

Jedimaster, where are you getting this info. I am able to find is that DQ is closing sometime in '08.

Britt

Xadllas

I dont think its closing a cm told me that Jim Hill made a article about it closing soon and a good number of cms quit the next day and it turned out to be false.. But seriously I love Disney Quest I dont think they should get rid of it. It had a good number of ppl in there last time I was in there (which was in June 2006). One more thing isn't this thread a little old..?

jedimaster1227

Jedimaster, where are you getting this info. I am able to find is that DQ is closing sometime in '08.

Britt

Plenty of sources, too many to list, all in confidence, but if you look hard enough around this forum, you can see some of my previous mentions about my various sources...

goofyfan13

I have only been to Disney Quest once (on our last trip). Some friends of ours had told us about it several years ago, but until our last trip our kids were too young to enjoy it so we never went. I have to admit that without our friends telling us we would have never known it was there. Obviously marking DQ wasn't a priority for WDW. That said, DQ is absolutely awesome. I would be very saddened if it did indeed close.

Understand that I am a HUGE sports fan, and have even been to the ESPN club on the boardwalk (and hated it), and will probably never go into another ESPN club in my life. This coming from a sports fan, but I just didn't like the atmosphere at the ESPN club. Of course everything being so loud that I had a headache after being there for 5 minutes probably had something to do with it.

Britt

I doubt he'll be able to disclose his sources, but I can attest that he has been reliable in the past.

EpcotServo

All I can say is this...
Futurama said:
Fry: I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand.
Leela: That's stupid...
:lol:
I'd really like to know just if it's happening or not. That way I can get a few more runs on Alien Encounter: Inavsion, and Pirates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom