Disney Preparing Live-Action Peter Pan with Pete’s Dragon Director

Movielover

You’re forgetting Hook

Hey look! I can be selective with my images too!
1677944843842.png

1677944988806.png

1677945095451.png

1677945137547.png

There is more thought, emotion, and talent present in just one frame of Hook than there is in that entire trailer from Disney. Disney's movie wishes it was a Spielberg film.

As for the terrible movie Pan...

1677945619300.png

1677945635037.png

Yup, absolutely no color, fantasy, or whimsy here. :rolleyes:

And the Neverland series I don't have access to because... well lets just face it, its a Syfy miniseries and those tend to be crap, but here's an isolated image to disprove your isolated image.

1677945901924.png

All of these images have so much more going on in them than a single shot from that Disney trailer.

If it’s a moot point, why did you bring it up? Unless I’m misunderstanding what the moot point actually is?
Because I'm expressing my displeasure of Disney's continued lack of originality and bad filmmaking by pointlessly remaking an animated film into live action that has already has excellent live action versions available to enjoy.

It seems like you are really looking forward to this soulless shell of a film, so I say best wishes and I hope you enjoy it, but nothing in this trailer impresses me or catches my attention.

Californian Elitist

Hey look! I can be selective with my images too!
View attachment 702036
View attachment 702039
View attachment 702040
View attachment 702041

There is more thought, emotion, and talent present in just one frame of Hook than there is in that entire trailer from Disney. Disney's movie wishes it was a Spielberg film.

As for the terrible movie Pan...

View attachment 702043

View attachment 702044

Yup, absolutely no color, fantasy, or whimsy here. :rolleyes:

And the Neverland series I don't have access to because... well lets just face it, its a Syfy miniseries and those tend to be crap, but here's an isolated image to disprove your isolated image.

View attachment 702046

All of these images have so much more going on in them than a single shot from that Disney trailer.

Because I'm expressing my displeasure of Disney's continued lack of originality and bad filmmaking by pointlessly remaking an animated film into live action that has already has excellent live action versions available to enjoy.

It seems like you are really looking forward to this soulless shell of a film, so I say best wishes and I hope you enjoy it, but nothing in this trailer impresses me or catches my attention.
Hey, look! They still didn’t depict some super colorful, whimsical world that you’re imagining! All of the photos you chose prove this lol. Just because there were multi-color mermaids in Hook, it doesn’t mean Neverland was colorful. It wasn’t. The photo you chose for Pan is the Indigenous scene. They wore colorful outfits. Neverland, in that adaptation, still wasn’t a super colorful and whimsical place. There are no bright, whimsical colors in the Neverland photos. You’re still wrong.

If we’re going based on these, then Disney’s Peter and Wendy does have a colorful, whimsical Neverland. Look at all the pretty blue!

ED818FD7-FF13-470C-ACCC-B3E8A6DD5FED.jpeg

CC7EB8BA-9BF8-4675-A576-32C4F786E305.jpeg

You’re judging an entire movie based on “single shots.” So, you haven’t seen an early test screening then? That’s what I figured, but I wanted to make sure.

You are free to voice your displeasure. It’s not a moot point, though, since you brought it up.

I’m actually not “really looking forward” to seeing this. I’m going on with caution. However, I refuse to make conclusions based on one trailer. The movie hasn’t even been released. Damn, how about at least allowing the movie to release before you go in with sweeping allegations and concrete opinions?

I was simply challenging your opinion of what a Neverland should look like. You’re free to not watch the movie if the trailer upsets you that much.

Movielover

Hey, look! They still didn’t depict some super colorful, whimsical world that you’re imagining! All of the photos you chose prove this lol. Just because there were multi-color mermaids in Hook, it doesn’t mean Neverland was colorful. It wasn’t. The photo you chose for Pan is the Indigenous scene. They wore colorful outfits. Neverland, in that adaptation, still wasn’t a super colorful and whimsical place. There are no bright, whimsical colors in the Neverland photos. You’re still wrong.

If we’re going based on these, then Disney’s Peter and Wendy does have a colorful, whimsical Neverland. Look at all the pretty blue!

View attachment 702054

View attachment 702055

You’re judging an entire movie based on “single shots.” So, you haven’t seen an early test screening then? That’s what I figured, but I wanted to make sure.

You are free to voice your displeasure. It’s not a moot point, though, since you brought it up.

I’m actually not “really looking forward” to seeing this. I’m going on with caution. However, I refuse to make conclusions based on one trailer. The movie hasn’t even been released. Damn, how about at least allowing the movie to release before you go in with sweeping allegations and concrete opinions?

I was simply challenging your opinion of what a Neverland should look like. You’re free to not watch the movie if the trailer upsets you that much.
Hey look, you developed your own opinion and expressed it! Just like I did, something you seem to have a big issue with. Well congratulations, welcome to a discussion board! And yeah, I am going to form my own thoughts and conclusions based on a trailer, something that is supposed to sell the movie to me so that I invest my time/money into seeing it. And guess what? This movie trailer did not do that. I think it looks dull, boring, and completely misses the point of the entire story. So, guess what, I'm not going to see it. Have fun with your soulless cash grab. I sum up my thoughts about this adaptation with an image from Disney's last live action adaptation, because that one turned out good right? :rolleyes:

1677948752896.png

Good day!

Frankenstein79

They always say they love the Disney trailers. These are probably the same people that loved the Pinocchio trailer.

Frankenstein79

It’s Disney's prerogative what they do with the cast.

… But the simple fact is they honestly want to have P.O.C.’s in the leads. This way they can blame the fans if it sucks. Which it usually does when it comes to their remakes.

erasure fan1

I get what you are saying about seeing the movie first. Unfortunately Disney has a not so great track record with the live action remakes, or live action in general for that matter. So when you see a mediocre or below average trailer, it's hard to get excited about the movie. From my own experience if the trailer hasn't been good, neither was the movie when I finally see it. At this point, it's up to Disney to do better, not us give them the benefit of the doubt. That ship has sailed for a lot of people.

oogie boogie man

I think you just have to look at it as if it is a play like Hamilton. Where the cast doesn’t look anything like the original or cartoon version.

oogie boogie man

I get what you are saying about seeing the movie first. Unfortunately Disney has a not so great track record with the live action remakes, or live action in general for that matter. So when you see a mediocre or below average trailer, it's hard to get excited about the movie. From my own experience if the trailer hasn't been good, neither was the movie when I finally see it. At this point, it's up to Disney to do better, not us give them the benefit of the doubt. That ship has sailed for a lot of people.

Maybe after the 20th remake they'll take off the Disney glasses.

Out of 18 movies only the Jungle Book was a good adaptation. That's because they had someone with a brain in his head (Jon Favreau) at the helm. And not a bunch of people with little to their credit.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I agree that Disney’s live-action remakes just aren’t good (Cinderella is the only good one I’ve seen, personally). Still, to judge and critique an entire movie based on a 2.5 minute trailer without having ever seen the actual movie is silly and makes no sense. The movie hasn’t been released.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t be excited to see this film. I’m saying one shouldn’t come to conclusions based on seeing less than three minutes of footage.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I'm all for judging a movie by its trailer. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong, but it's what most of us have to go on.

I'm also not a fan of the live action do-overs - Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella being the two exceptions I found enjoyable - Alice because it was a pure Burton take and not a remake but a sequel and Cinderella because I felt it managed to capture some of the Disney spirit in her motto of "Have courage and be kind".

I'm also someone who thinks the 2003 Peter Pan was the best version and don't expect this to top that. But it's by far (to me) the most appealing live action remake trailer I've seen in ages.

And while it is very rare - it is possible to have multiple excellent retellings of the same story - Cinderella being the perfect example as I would say both Ever After and Ella Enchanted are delightful and very different versions of the same story. (But Ever After is really the best Cinderella movie, just sayin'. ;))

And 2003 perfect Peter Pan movie aside, while I'm not a big Hook fan, I know some people adore that one, too. So there's room for more than one good adaptation of a story. And I'm hopeful that this will be good. And I haven't said that for any live action remake since maybe Beauty & the Beast which was... okay, not great.

MickeyMouse10

So far, it looks like they did a great job with the setting. It kinda reminds me of Hook.

The characters aren't spot on though.

John Darling is the only one who looks like his character. His brother meanwhile, baby Michael seems too old in this version. He's such a little cutie in the animated version. .... However I understand why they made him older. It would probably be a pain in the bum bum to work with a toddler. .... Maybe the biggest change outside the POC's is Captain Hook. He looks completely different pirate from his animated counterpart. He looks like a drunk old man whose seen his better days. Gone is his dark hair and mustache and his lanky thin physique.

Last edited:

RunForestRun

I would have loved to have seen the beautiful and talented Yara Shahidi in a different Disney role. Perhaps as Iridessa from the Tinkerbell movies series. This way she wouldn’t have gotten any backlash and she could have still played a fairy.

Goofy Ninja

I wish they would do more original content... that is actually good. There's so many sequels and bad remakes, it's become very stale.

I'd rather see new black and spanish characters. That are their own characters and not just hand-me-downs.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wish they would do more original content... that is actually good. There's so many sequels and bad remakes, it's become very stale.

I'd rather see new black and spanish characters. That are their own characters and not just hand-me-downs.
Unfortunately, for Disney's live action studios, their remakes and sequels are better than their original content, which is usually trying to convert a popular kids' or young adult book into a movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom