Disney Preparing Live-Action Peter Pan with Pete’s Dragon Director

Californian Elitist

I agree that this actually looks good. J.M. Barrie’s Peter Pan is one of my all-time favorite novels. Universal’s 2003 adaptation is the best one I’ve seen, so far. I’m really hoping this version will be at least close to being as good as that one.

Magenta Panther

I am not familiar with all the incantations of the Peter Pan story. Is this a sequel to the well known classic tale?
"Peter Pan" originated as a play by James Barrie. Afterward, he created the play in book form, and entitled it "Peter Pan and Wendy". FWIW.

Also, the official trailer for this movie is being ratioed like heck on Youtube. FWIW.

Jedijax719

"Peter Pan" originated as a play by James Barrie. Afterward, he created the play in book form, and entitled it "Peter Pan and Wendy". FWIW.

Also, the official trailer for this movie is being ratioed like heck on Youtube. FWIW.
Thanks. What does "ratioed" mean in reference to Youtube?

Disstevefan1

Live action remake after live action remake after live action remake.

Hundreds of millions spent.

Once in the can they are totally forgotten about.

Will it ever end?

Jedijax719

Upvotes (aka likes) vs downvotes (dislike) Ratioed means that the preponderance is for one or the other.
Ok. Blah-that will always happen to the remakes. Most people won't even see the dislikes unless they have the app to see them.

At least we know this movie isn't being made for what naysayers call a "cash grab". Never understood that. It's as if theatrical movies are not being made to make cash and pay someone's bills.

Magenta Panther

Ok. Blah-that will always happen to the remakes. Most people won't even see the dislikes unless they have the app to see them.

At least we know this movie isn't being made for what naysayers call a "cash grab". Never understood that. It's as if theatrical movies are not being made to make cash and pay someone's bills.

26,000 likes vs. 136,000 dislikes so far, FWIW. And some pretty witty commentary as well. My fave: "Hey, Wendy, let's go to Neverland because it's too expensive to go to Disneyland." 🤣

erasure fan1

Ok. Blah-that will always happen to the remakes.
Yup. There are a lot of people pro Disney and anti Disney. One thing that a lot of them agree on. The Disney live action remakes are lazy and uninspired and really just unnecessary.
At least we know this movie isn't being made for what naysayers call a "cash grab". Never understood that.
Well at least not in the literal sense. Its just D+ fodder. So maybe you could call it a subscriber grab. Personally I call it not needed.

Jedijax719

26,000 likes vs. 136,000 dislikes so far, FWIW. And some pretty witty commentary as well. My fave: "Hey, Wendy, let's go to Neverland because it's too expensive to go to Disneyland." 🤣
There will be those. There will also be bots. Bots will be bots.

@erasure fan1 no remakes, no Star Wars, no MCU, and they pretty much have very little left that is live action.

But same ol' same ol'....if the execs don't want originals to be made, they won't be made. Original stories fail in the theater and are too expensive to put on streaming without a revenue stream. And for Disney particularly, there's a think line between having original movies and shows that are both family friendly but edgy enough to get adult viewers (like Netflix shows have the luxury of doing more often).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom