Disney Posers

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There's people here at Disney(work) that are very much like that..... When you go out into the parks for observations for instance I did an observation on DAWM the other day at MK an picked the brain of the Custodial cleaner sweeping popcorn he told me how much he was annoyed of having to listen to the wicked queen from the wizard of the oz on stage but I don't think I used this example correctly in my post....

I'm confused..."Wizard of Oz?"

And I thought you said you were a track coach?

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/espnhs-closing-effects-on-disney.840070/#post-5007422

captainkidd

I know some people like this. They'll try and act like they know everything about WDW, and then say something like "I love Fort Wilderness Lodge". Or they'll try and tell me that the Skyride is still in the Magic Kingdom. Stuff like that. I'm tempted to put them in their place, but don't really care enough to.

I_heart_Tigger

I had a conversation like this a few weeks ago. Someone found out I was a Disney fan and he said he's been there, "Like a billion times" since he was a kid. He likes the Tower of Terror at "The Epcot" and the old King Kong ride the best. I tried correcting him him but he kept saying, "Naw, Naw...I KNOW what parks their in...I've been there a bajillion times."

He also said his hotel was within walking distance to "Disney". My response was, "well, my house is within walking distance as well I just don't have the time" We live in Canada. (I got a strange look on that one)

So I told him I was there in April (which he knew was true) and they tore down the Tower of Terror and replaced it with the Shrek Rollercoaster and that all of the hotels have a monorail direct to Disney so he won't have to walk anymore.

NYwdwfan

I know some people like this. They'll try and act like they know everything about WDW, and then say something like "I love Fort Wilderness Lodge". Or they'll try and tell me that the Skyride is still in the Magic Kingdom. Stuff like that. I'm tempted to put them in their place, but don't really care enough to.

Exactly how I feel. Sometimes I'll politely offer info, if they seem to be looking for it, but otherwise just smile and nod (and mock them incessantly in my head :p ).

rufio

Original Poster
I had a conversation like this a few weeks ago. Someone found out I was a Disney fan and he said he's been there, "Like a billion times" since he was a kid. He likes the Tower of Terror at "The Epcot" and the old King Kong ride the best. I tried correcting him him but he kept saying, "Naw, Naw...I KNOW what parks their in...I've been there a bajillion times."

He also said his hotel was within walking distance to "Disney". My response was, "well, my house is within walking distance as well I just don't have the time" We live in Canada. (I got a strange look on that one)

So I told him I was there in April (which he knew was true) and they tore down the Tower of Terror and replaced it with the Shrek Rollercoaster and that all of the hotels have a monorail direct to Disney so he won't have to walk anymore.

Wow, this guy sounds like a winner...

coilback

I understand the TYPE of person you are talking about. I have a guy at work that thinks he knows everything about everything. He usually fools everyone because they don't know much about the subject matter he is talking about, but he quickly learned not to argue Disney with me once he found out I used to be an Entertainment Tech there.

HihisIsKari..

Wow! I love Disney as much as the next person but to let the fact that someone doesn't know the difference between Disneyland and Walt Disney World aggrevate you - good grief. Life is too short folks.
completely agree. I actually just had this happen to me yesterday. I was talking to a friend and she was talking about how she wants to take her boyfriend to Disneyland and stay at the animal kingdom hotel with the animals outside of the rooms. When i began saying that I went last year to WDW she asked "in California?" and I politely replied "no, in Florida". I really didn't think it was that much of a big deal when people make stupid little mistakes...life goes on. As for the people who insist on being right when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about, just ignore it and move on. I thought we were all adults here? :p

Texas84

Disneyland in Florida.

'Nuff said.
Yeah, I've gotten to the point where I just assume they mean MK.

Got into an argument with someone who insisted Universal was part of WDW and that the Monorail ran there. And another one who insisted you had to pay for a FastPass then insisted that they had actually paid for a FastPass.

For example, countless people call Test Track "Fast Track", and that is annoying as heck, but even worse, I've seen many grown adults call it a "race track", and actually think the story is about racing.

We can not get my Mom to stop calling it FastTrack. And she's been going for years. :D I think it's confusion with the FastPass.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I feel a little silly saying this, but anyone ever encountered a hard-core Disney poser?

I work with a girl who has talked the talk since I met her. She talked for weeks about how excited she was and how much planning she was doing for Disney World. She just got back from a five day trip. She called me when they got back to tell me all about it for 30 minutes without letting me get a word in. She mentioned the parade at MK and I asked if it was Spectromagic or the Electrical Parade. She responded with "It was the Electrical Parade because there were a lot of lights!" I didn't mention that both had lights... She has made many statements like this over the months that I've known her. Bragging about her WDW knowledge and making some completely ridiculous statement.

I am not trying to deny her right to enjoy WDW or be a jerk about it. She just aggravates me a little with the constant bragging of her vast knowledge and about how she's been a fan for sooooooo long! Today she showed me a picture of Aurora and called her Arial *cringe*

Anyone know people like this?

You know this seems more like an overall personality flaw than specific to being a knucklehead when it comes to Disney things.

I've run into a bunch of people like this in my life. It's basically all about them and you can't get a word in edgewise. When you talk that much about yourself and what you know, there is always going to be a ton of BS in there because the average person can only know so much.

I'm willing to bet if you talk to this jabber jaw about just about anything --- she probably knows everything about that subject and you won't be able to deposit your 2 cents into that conversation bank either.

Problem here is you know enough about WDW to know she's full of shiznit.

Life's to short - although the temptation to talk in person to someone about our favorite subject is great....stay away from her and go talk to someone who doesn't have "me" issues.
They may not have the enthusiam about WDW that others have you'll at least be able to talk and keep your sanity.
Otherwise she's going to drive you batsh-t.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Some of the posts in this thread made me think of this guy

hOV7i.gif

rufio

Original Poster
You know this seems more like an overall personality flaw than specific to being a knucklehead when it comes to Disney things.

I've run into a bunch of people like this in my life. It's basically all about them and you can't get a word in edgewise. When you talk that much about yourself and what you know, there is always going to be a ton of BS in there because the average person can only know so much.

I'm willing to bet if you talk to this jabber jaw about just about anything --- she probably knows everything about that subject and you won't be able to deposit your 2 cents into that conversation bank either.

Problem here is you know enough about WDW to know she's full of shiznit.

Life's to short - although the temptation to talk in person to someone about our favorite subject is great....stay away from her and go talk to someone who doesn't have "me" issues.
They may not have the enthusiam about WDW that others have you'll at least be able to talk and keep your sanity.
Otherwise she's going to drive you batsh-t.

This is why I love this forum! :D

I can come here and spew the little bit of WDW knowledge I have (maintaining my opportunity to get a word or several in), and I can ask questions of all of you without getting that look.

Skooterkid

It's not only 'posers' who get things wrong. My mum still seems intent upon calling Tower of Terror 'The House of Terror' (I keep asking her how many houses she knows of that are 13 stories tall!?) and my Dad knows the names of practically none of the characters. I'm usually quite understanding, but we have been to Walt Disney World every summer for 14 years in a row! I don't know why it doesn't sink in!

mkt

Premium Member
People who worry about who is and isn't a poser are posers of busybodies and perhaps deserve a life.

Or a thread dedicated to them.

rufio

Original Poster
People who worry about who is and isn't a poser are posers of busybodies and perhaps deserve a life.

Or a thread dedicated to them.

Clearly, the vast majority of everyone else who replied to this thread disagrees with you.

mkt

Premium Member
Clearly, the vast majority of everyone else who replied to this thread disagrees with you.
They're just not as awesome as me.

People who are condescending to others for no reason should take lessons in politeness.

Or not post in threads that do not concern them.

But.. but.. but.. that's not how the internet works. Especially not a message board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom