Disney pools to be locked/ inaccessible in the overnight hours

EvilQueen-T

I like that the quiet pools will still be open since that's mainly where we go anyway at night. to the previous poster re hot tubs...if they're closing the main pools i can't see how we'd have access to the hot tubs since they're all right there. i agree that's a bummer...love using them in the winter and when i need a little muscle/joint relief after a long day in the parks (sigh).

daisyduckie

Disney pretending they dont have the money/budget to cover the cost of additional lifeguards is the real laugher. They wouldn't even notice the missing $$$.

You can't be being serious. That would be a huge additional cost. And one they won't fork over without replacing. No business adds expenditures to their budget without trying to cover their cost.

EvilQueen-T

You can't be being serious. That would be a huge additional cost. And one they won't fork over without replacing. No business adds expenditures to their budget without trying to cover their cost.

kinda sad if you think about it...they have the money to buy back millions of dollars worth of stocks but can't hire a single life guard for overnight hours at minimum wage. sell 3-4 bottles of disney priced water and that should cover most of their shift lol.

NoWayJose

Original Poster

Sure it would be an additional cost, but the majority of those lifeguards are college aged kids making a relatively low wage. They obviously wont do this, because as you said, they would gain no true benefit from it, aside from a visual one without the locks and fences. Take a look at a Disney financial/annual report. Drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things, if they went that route (which they wont)

Club34

I have another thought. I too usually stay at the CSR and the posted hours are 8a-12a. However, in low season the guards are not there until 12a. So would it seem likely that the "new hours" will be much more limited? I want to say that sucks. Honestly I could live [listen to me cry about these first world problems huh?] with the pool closing at midnight. I can't remember being in the pool [usually hot tub] that late. But its nice to know I have the option and who doesn't like the post-park day soak between 10p-12a?? This rivals when I went to CSR one year and they did not notify me that the main pool was under refurb my whole trip. The mail note was waiting for me AFTER my trip at the post office. Can't tell you how mad I was when I checked in.

Keybdis

I am wondering what exactly is a quiet pool? Is it for example the two smaller pools at POP such as the Bowling pin pool and the computer pool?

Sooo, would the Hippy Dippy pool be closed at 11 pm and the two other pools still be open?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I am wondering what exactly is a quiet pool? Is it for example the two smaller pools at POP such as the Bowling pin pool and the computer pool?

Sooo, would the Hippy Dippy pool be closed at 11 pm and the two other pools still be open?
I don't think there are any quiet pools at the Values. Some of the Mods and Deluxes have Pools listed as quite pools in the descriptions on the website. None of the values have this description.

daisyduckie

I don't think there are any quiet pools at the Values. Some of the Mods and Deluxes have Pools listed as quite pools in the descriptions on the website. None of the values have this description.

I heard that they consider the non-main pools to be the quiet pools. So the ones away from the bar area would be the quiet pools. I sure hope that is true, as my family enjoys a dip in the pool at night.:(

CJR

new problem.the cost of your holiday has just increased to cover the extra wages ...

Since when is Disney not looking into raising rates? There is no correlation, prices will go up regardless.

Plus, it's absolutely feasible for them to hire one or two life guards to do a late night shift at some of their $400+ a night hotels. Places like the Contemporary, GF, Poly, WL, AKL among others could absolutely do this. Perhaps, not 24/7, but longer hours than the value hotels.

And most of the employees are CP's who make less than $8 an hour (IDK for sure if CP lifeguards make that little) so it would cost Disney like $20 more per night (per life guard) to keep the pools open a couple hours later and with people paying $300-$400 a night that's nothing to Disney. Increase each person's rate by $1 and that would do more than cover it and I'm sure the average guest would be a lot happier.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
And most of the employees are CP's who make less than $8 an hour (IDK for sure if CP lifeguards make that little) so it would cost Disney like $20 more per night (per life guard) to keep the pools open a couple hours later and with people paying $300-$400 a night that's nothing to Disney. Increase each person's rate by $1 and that would do more than cover it and I'm sure the average guest would be a lot happier.

You forget the hotels already have a budget based on limited staffing... you don't just double or tripple your costs in an area and say 'well its a really expensive hotel...' that's already factored in!

Second.. how you get $20 when you are suggesting the pools be staffed 9+ more hours a day...

You really should drop it... while plainly simple at skin deep, it's not a trivial cost.

There is a reason businesses always look to replace labor with machines or structures people....

CJR

You forget the hotels already have a budget based on limited staffing... you don't just double or tripple your costs in an area and say 'well its a really expensive hotel...' that's already factored in!

Second.. how you get $20 when you are suggesting the pools be staffed 9+ more hours a day...

You really should drop it... while plainly simple at skin deep, it's not a trivial cost.

There is a reason businesses always look to replace labor with machines or structures people....

Please read my post again, I said a couple hours later, like 1am (Not 9+ hours: 2 hours). While I would like to have pools open 24/7, just a couple hours later would only be like $20 more per lifeguard for Disney and satisfy most of the more demanding guests (who would like to swim after most of the parks are closed). They could absolutely handle that, especially since a rate increase will come either way. Just a one dollar per night increase will more than cover this and, let's be honest for a second, Disney's going to raise base rates by more than $1 either way. It would essentially cost them next to nothing and make more late night swimmers happy.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom