News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And honestly it might not need one, but something drastic could be done. I feel like some of these places have become just odd mismashes, where the a lack of cohesiveness and immersion has occured.

#ThanksBob

It's crazy to say, but one the most exciting things to me would be if Disney said we are closing Adventureland...all of it for at least a year maybe 2 to completely rehab and rehaul it, my modernize and update it. Then follow that with Frontier, and then Tomorrow land etc...

I wouldn't trust them to re-do a bathroom properly, let alone an entire land.

Disstevefan1

Capt. Obvious here -

I wish the added NEW, ADDITIONAL attractions to the existing parks NOT REPLACMENTS/RETHEMES.

If they ADDED CAPACITY to the existing parks, there would be no need for a 5th gate.

Some say its "harder" to add to existing parks. I don't care. We lived through the terrible EPCOT renovation, it cant be worse than that.

Club Cooloholic

#ThanksBob

I wouldn't trust them to re-do a bathroom properly, let alone an entire land.
They have room to expand...how about adding another 3 hours of operation to current parks? If they can't do that because of lack of worker resource, does that mean a 5th gate will reduce hours further to accommodate it?
To be clear, I know that could have longer hours, they are just too cheap to provide them

bwr827

WDW doesn’t need a 5th gate.

Animal Kingdom: add one top tier attraction to counterbalance Flight of Passage, and one mid-tier to make it a full day

Hollywood: add two mid-tiers to eat people and counterbalance the thrill rides

Magic Kingdom: add one top tier, one mid, one show

Epcot: I don’t even know where to begin; add things to World Showcase

What’s the recurring theme? Add stuff!

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Animal Kingdom: add one top tier attraction to counterbalance Flight of Passage, and one mid-tier to make it a full day

Maybe the rumored new land for DHS will have a family D ticket level ride.

Club Cooloholic

Unfortunately what they add are.... lounges. They just don't get it. I want to hang in a lounge, I'll do it in Vegas. It's an amusement park...amuse us.

Erin_Grz

Hollywood Studios:
New land to replace Launch Bay. Rock n’ Rollercoaster retheme as well

I am new to this board and found a link about rumors from Disboards. Is there any talk about what the rock n' rollercoaster retheme would be? Is there any chance of it being Taylor Swift? I would stand in super long lines or pay extreme amounts of money to be able to ride that. I also think it would be a cash cow for disney bringing all kinds of new people to the park. Also curious about what the new land would be replacing launch bay?

Tha Realest

Unfortunately what they add are.... lounges. They just don't get it. I want to hang in a lounge, I'll do it in Vegas. It's an amusement park...amuse us.
I just thought of something.

They build up these self-contained environments where you have to have a ticket and go through security. Food is expensive and try and hawk you on buying merchandise while you traverse long distances from where you’re trying to go. When you get there, you have to wait an interminably long time unless you pay extra to bypass these waits and get on early. The newest fad, as you mention, is building exclusive lounges.

Airport terminals. They’re building airport terminals.

Nickm2022

I am new to this board and found a link about rumors from Disboards. Is there any talk about what the rock n' rollercoaster retheme would be? Is there any chance of it being Taylor Swift? I would stand in super long lines or pay extreme amounts of money to be able to ride that. I also think it would be a cash cow for disney bringing all kinds of new people to the park. Also curious about what the new land would be replacing launch bay?
Doubt they'll ever do anything they (the Disney CO) doesn't own outright. The headaches alone with the Aerosmith licensing. Plus while the IP of the new land is being debated it seems to be a common agreement that Rock n' Rollercoaster will be incorporated into the new land, ie be rethemed to be apart of the new land.

Another thing is no one has talked about the future of the Car's show behind RRC and if that will be rethemed/incorporated into the new land (or lands) too.

MagicHappens1971

Doubt they'll ever do anything they (the Disney CO) doesn't own outright. The headaches alone with the Aerosmith licensing. Plus while the IP of the new land is being debated it seems to be a common agreement that Rock n' Rollercoaster will be incorporated into the new land, ie be rethemed to be apart of the new land.

Another thing is no one has talked about the future of the Car's show behind RRC and if that will be rethemed/incorporated into the new land (or lands) too.
I'm a Swiftie, so my opinions are biased, but Taylor has a very good working relationship with Disney, has done several exclusive announcements on GMA (for years), debuted the recorded Lover: Live from Paris on ABC/D+ exclusively, then did the Folklore: Long Pond Sessions & The Era's Tour exclusively on D+. She is also writing & directing a feature film for Searchlight, although if they wanted to build/theme something to Taylor Swift (the IP), I'm sure she would want a very large role in the creative process.

LSLS

I'm a Swiftie, so my opinions are biased, but Taylor has a very good working relationship with Disney, has done several exclusive announcements on GMA (for years), debuted the recorded Lover: Live from Paris on ABC/D+ exclusively, then did the Folklore: Long Pond Sessions & The Era's Tour exclusively on D+. She is also writing & directing a feature film for Searchlight, although if they wanted to build/theme something to Taylor Swift (the IP), I'm sure she would want a very large role in the creative process.
Swift just seems like something that wouldn't fit a fast-paced intense roller coaster. I'm no Swift fan (though my family sure is), but her music seems a bit to slow for that (YES, I'm sure she has more fast paced songs, but people go for the popular ones, and at least what I've randomly heard on the radio I'm not sure I see it, especially if you need like 4-5 songs). I still think the Muppets doing cover songs makes far and away the most sense. You can easily switch out songs without changing any of the preshow if you need to, and I'd guess it'd be hugely popular. Then, you can have like a Swift song, a more classic rock song, a newer rock song, etc. When a song or artist becomes less popular, the change is just getting a few voice actors doing a recording and grabbing new rights. Heck, I would DIE laughing if they start a song for the launch, go "No No No" and proceed to Rickroll random rides. Maybe 1 every 50 launches or something like that. Just feels that would give them WAY more creativity.

bwr827

Swift just seems like something that wouldn't fit a fast-paced intense roller coaster. I'm no Swift fan (though my family sure is), but her music seems a bit to slow for that (YES, I'm sure she has more fast paced songs, but people go for the popular ones, and at least what I've randomly heard on the radio I'm not sure I see it, especially if you need like 4-5 songs). I still think the Muppets doing cover songs makes far and away the most sense. You can easily switch out songs without changing any of the preshow if you need to, and I'd guess it'd be hugely popular. Then, you can have like a Swift song, a more classic rock song, a newer rock song, etc. When a song or artist becomes less popular, the change is just getting a few voice actors doing a recording and grabbing new rights. Heck, I would DIE laughing if they start a song for the launch, go "No No No" and proceed to Rickroll random rides. Maybe 1 every 50 launches or something like that. Just feels that would give them WAY more creativity.
RRC is one of the most intense rides they have, so while I love the creativity of your Muppets idea, I think it’s a bit of a mismatch.

Unless Animal is front and centre, in which case they can go nuts.

LSLS

RRC is one of the most intense rides they have, so while I love the creativity of your Muppets idea, I think it’s a bit of a mismatch.

Unless Animal is front and centre, in which case they can go nuts.
Mismatch is the name of Disney Imagineering at this point.

But yeah, my vision would definitely be Dr. Teeth (with Animal) doing the whole thing. I'm completely down with Animal taking front and center for the whole thing. Basically show up for their show, and off we go. It solves the IP mandate, and gives the ride even more repeatability. People ride Guardians just to get the one song they want. I know she's HUGE, but personally I'd never ride a Swift version (or other Pop star). BUT, give me the chance to hear like a Foo Fighters song and my kid gets to try to hear Swift, we are both going multiple times.

Nubs70

Olivia Rodrigo would be a perfect fit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom