News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

Jrb1979

I mostly agree but there’s things with all of the new attractions that make me think old “attention to every detail” Disney would have done them better.

I love mission breakout but the building is hideous, I love the guardians ride in Epcot but the big blue box is hideous, I haven’t ridden Tron yet but the length seems laughable, I enjoy Galaxies Edge but the timeframe they picked and the lack of things to do make it feel like a miss, I think Pandora is the best new land Disney has done since Carsland but always get off the boat ride feeling it was too short and just a little more could have made it a massive success, the only thing that’s been a pure hit for me is Mickey and Minnie’s in DL, it was a true addition, a great exterior, a great queue, and a really fun ride. It’s the only ride in probably 15 years that’s feels like old Disney quality to me, and I know people who hate that ride so even it is a miss for many.
At least for me a lot of that goes back to the rides that made me love Disney don't draw like they used to. Rides like Horizons and World of Motion would never be built today.

Your average guest wants flashy with some thrill. The problem is the flashy they originally advertise is never the end product due to budget cuts and the thrill is not on the level of Universal or regional parks.

Phicinfan

Right now, Iger is all talk about maybe adding seven new lands. Talk is cheap. He is only putting that out because of the proxy fight.

Iger does not need to talk about maybe adding seven new lands. Iger is going win the proxy fight and go back to business as usual.

And yes, its true, many folks want TWDC to operate as business as usual.

Personally, I want TWDC to add capacity to WDW parks. I know that's not going to happen for a long, long time.
For the record, all Iger confirmed is there is enough land to expand up with up to 7 Disneyland sized parks. No where I saw did he commit to any specific add to any specific park.

You have to read what is stated, not what is implied by those reporting what was stated

Andrew25

Considering how few, if any, projects were under Chapek, it doesn't surprise me to see they are finalizing plans and can't really provide any details just yet outside of obscure broad comments.

D23 is their last chance to convince us that they are actually doing something with the parks and not just providing blanket statements.

Phicinfan

What was Igers point of saying "there is enough land to expand up with up to 7 Disneyland sized parks." If not to give false hope to Disney fans.
Define false hope. Do I expect at some point they could expand existing footprints of parks already in the next 20 years yes. Do I think anything will happen in multiple parks in the next 2 nope.

el_super

Only took a proxy fight to get him to be serious.

Not at all. Expanding the parks was the inevitable conclusion of ... well just about everything that has been happening over the last 10 years. There was a clear progression from building Shanghai, buying up Paris, building multiple Star Wars lands and eventually re-tooling all of the APs and discount programs.

I think it's clear now from Iger's POV that the admission retooling efforts are seeing the right results. There is more growth in revenue to be had in parks, confirmed by the outrageously good financial results they have seen in the last year.

Disstevefan1

For the record, all Iger confirmed is there is enough land to expand up with up to 7 Disneyland sized parks. No where I saw did he commit to any specific add to any specific park.

You have to read what is stated, not what is implied by those reporting what was stated
I know Iger has no intention to build seven lands, you know Iger has no intention to build seven lands but casual fans may take what Iger says as Iger is planning to build seven lands.

He is just throwing out a sound byte so that folks misunderstand it and think he is going to build something.

When you think about it, saying they have enough land to build seven lands is like adding insult to injury, "We have the land to build seven lands but we really don't want to, we rather use our money elsewhere, like making "important" movies.

James Alucobond

I know Iger has no intention to build seven lands, you know Iger has no intention to build seven lands but casual fans may take what Iger says as Iger is planning to build seven lands.

He is just throwing out a sound byte so that folks misunderstand it and think he is going to build something.

When you think about it, saying they have enough land to build seven lands is like adding insult to injury, "We have the land to build seven lands but we really don't want to, we rather use our money elsewhere, like making "important" movies.
Even though they clarified what he actually meant, I am still unclear on why people have trouble believing that seven or more lands could be completed within the decade-long scope of this thread. That is not even out of the ordinary. The question is whether they’ll build what you want in the park you want and not bulldoze something else to build it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom