News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

Jrb1979

Hard disagree. This forum took it the totally opposite direction. As fake projects that were never going to happen and empty promises.

The Bluesky sessions was extremely, extremely sign posted and labeled in the keynote as such. How are we honestly in a worse place today having experienced it? By all means get mad at the things they actually announced and never carried through with. Don't get annoyed with the blue sky session.

I like the early look at projects and having had the opportunity to watch them evolve. Particularly since it seems like they evolved for the better. I'm sorry you all want your relationship to the company to be one of media press releases months before opening projects.

This is literally the antithesis of this sub-forums entire reason to exist. I want a look behind the curtain and I'm so confused why there's a contingent who argues so strongly against it? Not talking about anything wasn't going to change the endpoint. But it does change the journey.

I understand it is frustrating that the company is not seemingly opening things of merit in the 2025/2026 window. But pretending they didn't have a big project in the works for 2027 wasn't going to change that calculus. It would just make fan sentiment worse.
I am the opposite. I feel Disney should follow the steps of Universal and regional parks. Don't say anything til construction starts. I feel it builds even more hype with people guessing at what's coming.

doctornick

It’s in major need of overhaul. The icon of the park, and so cool to think there’s a ride in there! And then you ride it. It’s quaint, I guess.
Do you mean you think there’s a problem with the ride story/experience? If so I greatly disagree - SSE is fantastic (though the descent could be fixed) and that’s my main concern. The awesome history lessons with beautiful scenes and an inspiring concept would get swapped out for some silly IP driven concept they they are allowed to replace the ride.

Just rehab the vehicles and add a new descent.

UNCgolf

It’s in major need of overhaul. The icon of the park, and so cool to think there’s a ride in there! And then you ride it. It’s quaint, I guess.

It's still the best ride at EPCOT right now (not that there's a ton of competition; the EPCOT ride lineup is significantly weaker than it used to be).

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Best? Very debatable. My family’s ranking would go Cosmic Rewind, Ratatouille, Frozen Ever After, Soarin, Test Track, then maybe Spaceship Earth lumped in with the remainder.

Of course, it's always subjective. SSE is easily the best ride at EPCOT for me now, though (in EPCOT's prime, it was still in the running as the best attraction there but was also arguably only top 5 because the park was so loaded).

Ratatouille is fine but mediocre. Cosmic Rewind is a fun coaster but a bit of a failure from a themed attraction perspective. Soarin' is good for what it is. Test Track is pretty fun, but I thought the earlier version was better, and neither are anywhere near as good as what they replaced. Frozen Ever After is quite bad IMO.

I'd probably rank the current top 5 rides at EPCOT as SSE, Living with the Land, Soarin', Test Track, and then Ratatouille, I guess, but the first four are the only ones I really care about riding (Cosmic Rewind is a quality coaster, but I just don't care very much about roller coasters unless they're heavily themed and CR missed the mark there).

DonniePeverley

So can anyone clarify if Disney are going to spend 6 billion a year on the parks?

As a follow up will this be for all 10 Disney parks around the world ?

Basil of Baker Street

Of course, it's always subjective. SSE is easily the best ride at EPCOT for me now, though (in EPCOT's prime, it was still in the running as the best attraction there but was also arguably only top 5 because the park was so loaded).

Ratatouille is fine but mediocre. Cosmic Rewind is a fun coaster but a bit of a failure from a themed attraction perspective. Soarin' is good for what it is. Test Track is pretty fun, but I thought the earlier version was better, and neither are anywhere near as good as what they replaced. Frozen Ever After is quite bad IMO.

I'd probably rank the current top 5 rides at EPCOT as SSE, Living with the Land, Soarin', Test Track, and then Ratatouille, I guess, but the first four are the only ones I really care about riding (Cosmic Rewind is a quality coaster, but I just don't care very much about roller coasters unless they're heavily themed and CR missed the mark there).
Last few times I have been on SSE, stoppages are quite frequent. It really hurts the experience.

Bocabear

I just saw this today... Looks like 17 billion approved and the overseeing board approved a 5th park and 2 monor parks ( water park) and more hotel and dining... But that was just the district approving them to do it if they wanted to in the next 20 years.... It is not saying anything is actually happening, but they are approved for that amount of growth....

JoeCamel

Will that 17 billion include normal operating costs? Or is it fresh investment?

Furthermore how much does it cost to implement a new theme park - ala Epic Universe?
I can't believe I am responding but this is a reasonable question

My understanding is that it includes what is currently being spent but the official line is that it will be used to "increase capacity". In either case the one who said it has one foot out the door even if he wants to stay and circumstances change.
I thought they were blaring the number to remind Florida how much money the mouse spends in the state with the veiled inference that much of that might go away.

Personally I am a fan of burn it all down and would like to see WDW suspend operation for 1 year to watch how big a hole gets blown in the state budget.

About ~6B to build a park but land acquisition and land prep along with permitting issues can wildly skew that number

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom