News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

JMcMahonEsq

I love that he said they will add some attractions that will take 2 to 3 years...

Did you know they built the entire Empire State Building in 410 days... but it takes 900+ to build a 4 minute attraction.

I don't know how they feel what they got is amazing.. It's not new, and people crave new. I am curious to see what happens at WDW when Uni opens the new park.
The absolute insanity of trying to compare construction in the 1930's to now just defies logic. That's setting aside the number of dead and injured during construction

yensid67

Exactly! And 70% of their profits are from the parks, vs a decade ago was around 25% of profits.

So with falling attendance they are in trouble. I was cast member out West until a few months ago, the amount of hours part timers getting is so little. So many 4 hour shifts it wasn’t like this pre pandemic.

Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland is the least busy part of the park at night, New Orleans Square has so much energy in comparison. If Disney thinks people will just come for their IP they’re wrong, they come to be transported to another world not Marvel Campus.
4 hour shifts? That would not be worth driving thru Orlando traffic, just to work 4 hours! (I am a former Cast Member also) ALL businesses should start your daily hours when you leave your house to get to work!

I am almost ashamed to say I am a former Cast Member with everything that Disney is doing. Thanks to Chapek for throwing Disney down the Rabbit Hole and to DeSantis for trying to be a Authoritarian leader! (that's all I'm saying, Mom)

JMcMahonEsq

4 hour shifts? That would not be worth driving thru Orlando traffic, just to work 4 hours! (I am a former Cast Member also) ALL businesses should start your daily hours when you leave your house to get to work!

I am almost ashamed to say I am a former Cast Member with everything that Disney is doing. Thanks to Chapek for throwing Disney down the Rabbit Hole and to DeSantis for trying to be an Authoritarian leader! (that's all I'm saying, Mom)
No one cares where you decide to live or how long it takes you to drive to work. You get paid for the hours your working

Nubs70

I am almost ashamed to say I am a former Cast Member with everything that Disney is doing. Thanks to Chapek for throwing Disney down the Rabbit Hole and to DeSantis for trying to be a Authoritarian leader! (that's all I'm saying, Mom)
For arguments sake,

I could get a job that is 9 hours away from home. I could only get an hour from the office. I could get a full time wage and never show up.

BrianLo

I honestly don't get the negative views for smugglers run. For anyone with kids, the hilarity of watching them "fly" the millennium falcon, the crashes and complaining of who can't drive, and who can't shoot, is always one of the best family fun experiences of the park.

It just doesn't hold up to re-rides as well as a result. But I agree that my most memorable rides are always with first timers who suck.

I think it just needs more missions as its chosen one isn't the greatest profile.

One of the other ways to fix it would have them go off script for 20-25% of the run time or so and transfer the flight controls to the other positions briefly. It just really is a dichotomous experience with the positions, unless you are laughing at a loved one drive for the first time. Transferring the flight controls briefly would also lead to even more hilarity.

JD80

It just doesn't hold up to re-rides as well as a result. But I agree that my most memorable rides are always with first timers who suck.

I think it just needs more missions as its chosen one isn't the greatest profile.

One of the other ways to fix it would have them go off script for 20-25% of the run time or so and transfer the flight controls to the other positions briefly. It just really is a dichotomous experience with the positions, unless you are laughing at a loved one drive for the first time. Transferring the flight controls briefly would also lead to even more hilarity.

Falcon is one of my favorite rides because being able to sit in the cockpit and pull that lever that gets you into hyperspace is just a :chefkiss: moment for me and my kids that it's almost worth the price of admission in to the park.

My family has done Falcon over and over because of that.

BrianLo

Falcon is one of my favorite rides because being able to sit in the cockpit and pull that lever that gets you into hyperspace is just a :chefkiss: moment for me and my kids that it's almost worth the price of admission in to the park.

My family has done Falcon over and over because of that.

I on the other hand have been an Engineer 80% of the time for strangers and a gunner 15% of the time.

I have just once driven, it's getting tiresome.

Vegas Disney Fan

It’s a shame they don’t add more missions to Falcon, our last trip we did Star Tours and our entire vehicle cheered when the Mandalorian scene started, everyone was so excited, the primary benefit of a screen ride is the same ride can feel totally new.

Magenta Panther

What really burns me is that Shanghai gets a new Peter Pan ride, and Tokyo gets a new Peter Pan ride, but we Yanks here in the States are stuck with an old, creaky Peter Pan ride that was built in 1955.

Again, it is to weep.

Magenta Panther

It’s a shame they don’t add more missions to Falcon, our last trip we did Star Tours and our entire vehicle cheered when the Mandalorian scene started, everyone was so excited, the primary benefit of a screen ride is the same ride can feel totally new.
If they can bring in the Mandalorian, then they can bring in Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia as well.

JD80

I on the other hand have been an Engineer 80% of the time for strangers and a gunner 15% of the time.

I have just once driven, it's getting tiresome.

Put it this way, I have a family of 5 and my WDW trips are massively expensive. I don't know your personal story, but if you're there solo or with a smaller amount of people, then your trips are much cheaper than mine. So you can take that as a trade off! :D

flynnibus

Premium Member
No one cares where you decide to live or how long it takes you to drive to work. You get paid for the hours your working
Non-sense... if you think employees are just things that just show up regardless of the value of the shift and such patterns have no impact.. you deserve the crappy turnover you will have.

Employees have a ROI for a job too... if you ignore that fact, you won't retain employees.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Local WESH news is reporting tonight that Disney is planning a fifth major park and two new minor parks. I don’t see this being reported anywhere else. What are they going on about?

The idiots are confusing the land use plan as an actual plan rather than as simply zoning in case they want to build a new park.

A "new gate" and two smaller ones has be in the zoning for over a decade.

The ""news station"" completely misses the point of the land use zoning.

It got on their radar because Disney put that all in the 2030 plan in the contract with the old RCID so that the new board couldn't mess with it. The current detente with the new board has the 2030 plan annulled and a new 2030 plan about to put in place (nearly identical to Disney's 2030 plan, only the new board gets to exercise their authoritay).

I look forward to their retraction.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Local WESH news is reporting tonight that Disney is planning a fifth major park and two new minor parks. I don’t see this being reported anywhere else. What are they going on about?

It's the development agreement that allows that many not that they are building them

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I love that he said they will add some attractions that will take 2 to 3 years...

Did you know they built the entire Empire State Building in 410 days... but it takes 900+ to build a 4 minute attraction.

I don't know how they feel what they got is amazing.. It's not new, and people crave new. I am curious to see what happens at WDW when Uni opens the new park.
We don’t have to go back to high rises to look at the failures now.

Tower was built in about 14 months flat. Splash about the same…the entirely of Epcot in 4 years…

Meh…they don’t get things done because they’ve decided it looks “smart” that way. Construction is 1000x easier now with computer controlled design and fabrication…in many ways guys are rhere to weld and bolt.

But nobody beats Bob and the B team!!

I mean, it was also horrendously unsafe and not at all the same thing, but whatevs.
Crazy how they just worked to get it done then, huh?
I honestly don't get the negative views for smugglers run. For anyone with kids, the hilarity of watching them "fly" the millennium falcon, the crashes and complaining of who can't drive, and who can't shoot, is always one of the best family fun experiences of the park.
It’s repetitive…but it’s also a silly concept based mostly on a flopped movie.
Put it this way, I have a family of 5 and my WDW trips are massively expensive. I don't know your personal story, but if you're there solo or with a smaller amount of people, then your trips are much cheaper than mine. So you can take that as a trade off! :D
I’m trying to figure out how you think you’re paying more?

I’ll meet you on the playground with my receipts anytime you want 👍🏻

Also…what exactly does that matter? Are you say the more you spend, the more you “submit” and make excuses for Disney?

…oh…that would be grand 😍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom