News Disney Pixar super heroes will take over Tomorrowland this summer

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Once upon a time there was the prefect place for such a thing - Sunset Showcase. Air conditioned, lighting, and lots of space with no intrusion on any other aspect of the park. Shame it only lasted about 6 months.
For the past year they have had Character Palousa on the Sunset Showcase. It was not on the schedule and known to very few. It was outside on that grand patio. The big wooden gates would open at 3 pm FP tap points for Rockin. The characters would be closer to the building so unknowing guests could not see them. They always had a few rare characters each day. While I was there in April and May I didn’t see it happening any longer. It was started as a trial Runs for CMs to practice a new Character before going on stage.

Also when Mickeys Birthdayland started in the late 80s after the show in the first tent guests had meet and greets all day long in exits gift shop tent. Later years it was plywood cut outs over characters

MinnieWaffles

Amazingly the world doesn’t revolve around unbearably annoying kids.

And yet you're a fan of a theme park which attracts tons of "unbearably annoying kids..." In fact, it's the theme park with the highest population of them. There's plenty for us adults to do, that I don't begrudge a dance party for the half pints.

ToTBellHop

And yet you're a fan of a theme park which attracts tons of "unbearably annoying kids..." In fact, it's the theme park with the highest population of them. There's plenty for us adults to do, that I don't begrudge a dance party for the half pints.
I don’t in this case, either. I’ve always associated Tomorrowland with noise, first and foremost, followed by Space Mountain. Both will continue this summer.

shortstop

Except this stage and its associated music and shows actively and severely detract from the ambiance of Tomorrowland.

And let’s not pretend kids can only find enjoyment in dance parties. MK is not lacking in things to do for kids.

mm52200

For the past year they have had Character Palousa on the Sunset Showcase. It was not on the schedule and known to very few. It was outside on that grand patio. The big wooden gates would open at 3 pm FP tap points for Rockin. The characters would be closer to the building so unknowing guests could not see them. They always had a few rare characters each day. While I was there in April and May I didn’t see it happening any longer. It was started as a trial Runs for CMs to practice a new Character before going on stage.

Also when Mickeys Birthdayland started in the late 80s after the show in the first tent guests had meet and greets all day long in exits gift shop tent. Later years it was plywood cut outs over characters
Nope. Character palooza as so many call it, which isn’t its name in any form at all, still happens but isn’t advertised or guaranteed at all.
It exists as a way to give the Fantasmic cast more hours for their shift. It happens every day at Sunset Showcase or in front of the park entrance. Of course it can be canceled or not happen for any number of reasons especially because it isn’t guaranteed or advertised and they very much like to keep it on the down low.

fngoofy

1) cool character
2) IF there was no Dance Party [(yippee),(for all you Jack's Big Music Show fans] there wouldn't be anything going on in Tomorrowland and it would feel like a funeral.
3) Everyone lighten up, I though I had switched threads. I don't get the "Disney we hardly new ye" stuff?!?!
Seriously, TL would be a GHOST TOWN without a dance party kicking. Kids love it, so do adults from what we have seen when down there. Incredibles is a good fit, better than Stitch.
and what would you have them put in TL?

Sky

Was really hoping Edna would turn out as a talking/face character as she may be the only character in the entire property that I’d wait in line for. Think of her just wisecracking at people...may be a little forceful for kids, but alas. Still, excited to see a new offering - and hey, more people in character lines and at the dance party keeps less people in line for the Big Three (rides not characters), which sounds great to me.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Nope. Character palooza as so many call it, which isn’t its name in any form at all, still happens but isn’t advertised or guaranteed at all.
It exists as a way to give the Fantasmic cast more hours for their shift. It happens every day at Sunset Showcase or in front of the park entrance. Of course it can be canceled or not happen for any number of reasons especially because it isn’t guaranteed or advertised and they very much like to keep it on the down low.
Errr. Nope? We attended multiple times last year.

My point exactly. Very few knew about the unspoken event. Subscription to Kenny the pirate does pay off.

Maybe now but not last year. I’ll have my daughter pull up our photos tomorrow and yes That is what the fans and Kenny the pirate referred to the non scheduled event at 3pm.

What you are referring to is what was once held in the old streets before they were demolished. The replacement. Totally different topic

Last edited:

mm52200

My point exactly. Very few knew about the unspoken event. Subscription to Kenny the pirate does pay off.

Maybe now but not last year. I’ll have my daughter pull up our photos and yes That is what the fans referred to the non scheduled event at 3pm.
I’m saying that internally within entertainment it’s not called that. And the set times vary based on what time Fantasmic is. The past two years atleast the sets have either been at Sunset Showcase or at the park entrance, it changes day to day but is usually one of those two locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom