Disney Parks to unveil new marketing campaign - 'Unforgettable Happens Here'

brb1006

The 25th was the first big blitz, followed by, in much smaller scope, the opening of animal kingdom. Both had a ton of print and television ads and were complimented with huge in-store campaigns at McDonald's.
Speaking of McDonald's, I still own the 100 Years Of Magic and Millennium Celebration glass cups.

Ciciwoowoo

Unforgettable is not necessarily positive or good... I once had an "unforgettable" meal at Kona Cafe, and I have no desire to go there ever again! Heck, I even remember the horrible server's name. Unforgettable, indeed.

brb1006

So far this new slogan is slowly starting to become a recurring joke in the forums along with the ladder during construction at the resorts.

Belowthesurface

Walt Disney World: Where Dreams Come True, Unforgettable Happens.

Why does the Disney Company keep reminding us that we are supposed to make memories and have dreams come true? I never realised I made memories at Disney until they advertised it in some form the past few years.

Stop putting so much pressure on creating memories. We get it.

Can you imagine working at a place that changes its slogan every year? "We beat you over the head last year with this and now it's time to beat you with this snappier slogan!"

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, other unforgettable things Happend in WDW...

Nixon's I'm not a crook speech at the Contemporary
Nixon-not-a-crook.jpg

John Lennon signs the Termination paperwork for The official split of The Beatles at the Poly
The-Beatles.jpg

My thoughts on this promotion....DUMB...Really Dumb..

French Quarter

I like the new ads very much. I feel they capture the emotions of a trip to Disney instead of just showing what they have there. That is what motivates people to go. I also like the family video style and, like others, applaud them on showing different types of families. It makes you feel like it's a welcoming place for everyone.

I'd rather Disney not encourage people to bring their "service" or "comfort" animals into the park.

That is a terrible thing to say.

TWDC were proud to say they didn't have to advertise WDW. Aside from a special event or opening they didn't run promotions or buy advertising.

I have every planning VHS since 1993 too.

I'm not sure what you mean. There was an entire television show created for the purpose of Disney to promote his park. They have been marketing the heck out of Disney products, services and experiences since the Disney Brothers Studio! And why wouldn't they?

Bocabear

Good lord. These get worse every time. I can't believe these people actually get paid.
not only do they get paid, but Disney probably paid a substantial amount for that... Hundreds of thousands of dollars ...for someone to come up with that lame unnecessary ad campaign...
When your parks and resorts are at capacity all year long, when does more promotion and advertisement become useless?
I don't remember there ever being as many promotional spots in the past as they have had in the last few years...
and there doesn't seem to be any slow time anymore...just crowds and more crowds...

bhg469

That is a terrible thing to say

I think they were referring to people bringing service animals for non legitimate reasons.

You see it quite commonly now where people have some bogus documentation and a dog that isn't quite trained well enough to be in a crowded event.

Yes therapy dogs exist, no you can't ask what they're for. That opens the flood gates for abuse of the system and it's really not fair to those that truly need their service animals to function.

French Quarter

not only do they get paid, but Disney probably paid a substantial amount for that... Hundreds of thousands of dollars ...for someone to come up with that lame unnecessary ad campaign...
When your parks and resorts are at capacity all year long, when does more promotion and advertisement become useless?
I don't remember there ever being as many promotional spots in the past as they have had in the last few years...
and there doesn't seem to be any slow time anymore...just crowds and more crowds...

How many people are going to Disney every year because they are intrigued or reminded to by the marketing? They must have figured out by now exactly how much marketing they have to do to keep the buzz alive. To say that if they just did nothing, all of the people would come seems a bit naive.

French Quarter

I think they were referring to people bringing service animals for non legitimate reasons.

You see it quite commonly now where people have some bogus documentation and a dog that isn't quite trained well enough to be in a crowded event.

Yes therapy dogs exist, no you can't ask what they're for. That opens the flood gates for abuse of the system and it's really not fair to those that truly need their service animals to function.

The advertisement isn't promoting people to lie and pretend they need therapy dogs when they don't by showing someone enjoying the park with a service animal. The comment was unnecessary and offensive.

John

I think some of you are missing the target audience Disney is going after. They are going for the first timers.......We here on a Disney fan forum know what the experience is at a Disney park. The people making fun of the ad have been to a Disney park before. I think the ad is indicative of Disney's focus as far as its target audience is concerned. Which IMO will be successful.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I honestly had no idea that people were bringing dogs into the park who aren't actually service dogs under false pretenses, interesting

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I also call for the Year of the Million Dreams haha. I found an unused Fastpass lanyard from that event just the other day. Somehow that trip, my wife and I both got dream fastpasses TWICE in the same day. haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom