Disney Parks to unveil new marketing campaign - 'Unforgettable Happens Here'

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I'm not complaining about an ad campaign yet. haha. I do have ideas for future ones.

The park is old enough to have an ad campaign showing a kid going the first time, then him as a teen, young adult with girlfriend/wife, then taking his child for the first time. It would be a great nostalgic feel.

DisneyOutsider

Gotta love marketing.

Remember when WDW was proud it didn't need to market itself?[/QUO
Did these Marketing Campaigns Start with the millennium Celebration in 1999?

TWDC has been airing commercials promoting Disney World since at least 1987. That is when the "I'm going to Disney Land/World" commercials started airing.

Also worth noting that Mickey Mouse himself is one of the best examples of effective marketing that we've ever seen.

entangled

I'm not complaining about an ad campaign yet. haha. I do have ideas for future ones.

The park is old enough to have an ad campaign showing a kid going the first time, then him as a teen, young adult with girlfriend/wife, then taking his child for the first time. It would be a great nostalgic feel.

Tokyo Disney Resort had a commercial like that a few years ago:

bhg469

The advertisement isn't promoting people to lie and pretend they need therapy dogs when they don't by showing someone enjoying the park with a service animal. The comment was unnecessary and offensive.
It isn't encouraging people to lie but people will still lie. I also believe that, while it is definitely not the majority, some people will see this ad and may think they can cheat the system.

I also think you're offended because you're letting yourself be offended.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Good lord. These get worse every time. I can't believe these people actually get paid.
Whats funny is that 99% of the parks commercials are exactly the same nowadays. Kid on parents shoulders, kids gazing in amazement, fireworks display shot, and ALWAYS the family spinning around on a ride and then on a coaster. So why even hire new actors? Just photoshop a new families face in, lol. And why do any of the actual attractions or castle always appear in a subtle fashion? i.e, you dont actually see Dumbo, just the family spinning and you get a brief shot of the castle or its a bit fuzzy in the background? Not complaining about it, just curious if the new approach is more subconscious?

I do like that they have added in handicapped people and service animals. That probly makes the families who deal with these issues feel a little better about seeing a happy moment in a commercial. By "handicapped, Im not just referring to the wheelchairs. It appeared that the child who pulled the sword out was handicapped (just guessing). And by "service animals" Im referring to all of them, regardless of what people are using them for. Ive seen many service animals in the parks and it has never affected us in any way. Even if its a comfort animal, the hardest thing ive ever had to do was WALK AROUND it.

ABQ

Wait a minute, I haven't seen the sword in the stone next to the carousel work in a decade. Does it still happen? Used to love the Merlin character. I guess the one in the commercial was not at WDW.

Animaniac93-98

Wait a minute, I haven't seen the sword in the stone next to the carousel work in a decade. Does it still happen? Used to love the Merlin character. I guess the one in the commercial was not at WDW.

I saw a recent video of other Fantasyland CMs letting a kid pull the sword from the stone.

The show with Merlin is long gone, but it appears that periodically they still hold some kind of impromtu ceremony.

Adam N

Royal Majesty Makers I think do a bit over there. Or at least they did this summer.

Goofyernmost

The 25th was the first big blitz, followed by, in much smaller scope, the opening of animal kingdom. Both had a ton of print and television ads and were complimented with huge in-store campaigns at McDonald's.
Everything got smaller when the complaining started about the castle cake. Yes, it was big and gaudy. Yes it covered that majestic plastic castle with a castle cake, but the engineering and the cost that went into that for just one celebration must have been mind boggling. An unnecessary expense that went unappreciated and condemned (and still is) by those that lack a sense of whimsy and the special things that they used to do. Doesn't happen anymore. The hat was the last big one and even that would have been OK if they hadn't forgotten to take it down for 14 years.

prberk

Did these Marketing Campaigns Start with the millennium Celebration in 1999?

No, the template was made with the WDW 25th anniversary celebration in 1996, castle-cake and all. "Remember the Magic" was the theme, with a song and a media blitz. They even invited radio and television stations from around the country (not just ABC, but unaffiliated local stations from all over) to broadcast from WDW for the opening of the promotion.

It ran for 18 months, then a short break before the millennium celebration, followed by "100 Years of Magic," to celebrate Walt's birthday year. That was scheduled to begin with a media blitz and kickoff on October 1, 2001; but the September 11, 2001, attacks happened, and they postponed the beginning until December 1, to coincide with Walt Disney's actual 100th birhday. That "celebration" helped salvage attendance during the travel bust after the attacks.

They learned that a "celebration" could really pump up the attendance, and have been finding a meaning for one ever since.

Last edited:

Incomudro

I like the slogan.
To be honest, I've never really noticed most of the others - but "Show us your Disney Side" was one that did stand out to me in a way that I wasn't too fond of.
Unforgettable Happens Here works for me because it is the way Disney has been for me.
I love WDW since the day my Father took the family there during the winter of the year it opened.
Unforgettable.
It's something I've passed on to my boys with our six visits.
Unforgettable for them, unforgettable for me.

Uncle Lupe

@EpcoTim

Still think you have the best Avatar. Could you photoshop a Magic band onto Clarks wrist?

Disney is a huge tv presence. Would think it's a minimal investment for large exposure.

Nmoody1

I miss the songs that used to accompany these celebrations

Remember the magic
Celebrate the future hand in hand
We share a dream come true

raymusiccity

"Unforgettable Happens Here!"

One of my pet peeves: The Invasion of the Strollers!

image.jpg

Bocabear

How many people are going to Disney every year because they are intrigued or reminded to by the marketing? They must have figured out by now exactly how much marketing they have to do to keep the buzz alive. To say that if they just did nothing, all of the people would come seems a bit naive.
Spoken like a true Marketing Professional...
It seems Naive to think if they didn't spend say a million dollars a year on billboards in South Florida that South Floridians would stop visiting the park...

raymusiccity

Spoken like a true Marketing Professional...
It seems Naive to think if they didn't spend say a million dollars a year on billboards in South Florida that South Floridians would stop visiting the park...

I don't think it's just Floridians driving around. I'm sure they're also meant to catch the eye of tourists on the way to Universal, Legoland, et al. Kids in the back seat will see the billboards and ask to go there, too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom