News Disney Parks Celebrate 90 Years of Mickey Mouse with the 'World’s Biggest Mouse Party'

brb1006

And the 90th Anniversary on ABC will premier in two minutes. I will keep my eyes out if they reveal more stuff behind the upcoming Runaway Railway ride.

brb1006

Half way through Mickey's 90th Spectacular on ABC. It's starting to become a bit to sugary sweet. Now I don't have a problem with sweetness or anything saccharine. But compared to the previous anniversary specials of the past. Mainly the 50th and 60th Anniversary specials.
P9Xu.gif

I miss when these type of specials Disney used to make.

Mickey's 50th Anniversary Special (1978)

I love the ending to the 50th where they sang "The Whole World Wants to Wish You Happy Birthday Mickey Mouse"

Last edited:

brb1006

Well that underwhelming just like Disneyland's 60th Anniversary special. But unlike Disneyland's special, at least it was actually more related to Mickey this time. At least we got a better look at Pluto's articulated head in the finale.

Cmdr_Crimson

Good Gravy was this a Rose Colored Mish mash of Nonsense....I think any time they showed the audience they looked like they were dragged by their will to see this....

Plus anytime the guest came up to say that Mickey Inspires us to believe in our dreams...
6cc.jpg

To Never give up when things our down...
mickeygun.jpg

When we all Believe in our Dreams....They will come true....
mickey-mouse-2013-season-4-episode-10-the-perfect-dream.jpg

Now THAT'S The Power of Mickey! And Now Ladies and Gentlemen.....Mr. Conway Twitty!
ImpoliteRareIberianmole-max-1mb.gif

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Good Gravy was this a Rose Colored Mish mash of Nonsense....I think any time they showed the audience they looked like they were dragged by their will to see this....

Plus anytime the guest came up to say that Mickey Inspires us to believe in our dreams...
6cc.jpg

mickeygun.jpg

Now THAT'S The Power of Mickey! And Now Ladies and Gentlemen.....Mr. Conway Twitty!

Looked like a lot of CMs in that audience. But it was about what i expected. Different musical acts with a few stories here and there and a lot of cheese. Wasn’t expecting anything like a documentary on prime time abc.

brb1006

6cc.jpg

mickeygun.jpg

Also that one female celebrity who had a crush on Mickey. Good thing Minnie didn't hear that.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Gosh, Mickey, I've loved you since I was a kid. Let me sing a Toy Story song to you!!!" :bored:

"Here's Josh Groban to sing his current hit song..."

Just... UGH... :banghead: Pure crap. #ThanksIger

Have seen better, but at least the Make-A-Wish story was good. (But it simply checked a bunch of boxes for Disney, too, which is the only criteria that matters - Someone died? Check. Child with disabilities? Check. Loves Mickey? Check.)

brb1006

Out of every Disney song to pick, why would anyone choose Colors of the Wind for Mickey and Minnie's waltz?!
I seriously
I love that mug.

I suppose the cupcake is an upgrade vs. a cupcake from 30 years ago.

All of whom I think worked for ABC (some very recently.) That detracts a bit for me.
I prefer the way Disney celebrated Mickey's 60th Birthday by not only making a good anniversary special. But they even had a special home video called "Mickey's Magical World" that was dedicated to Mickey throughtout the years. The intro and credits still make me feel warm inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom