News Disney Parks Celebrate 90 Years of Mickey Mouse with the 'World’s Biggest Mouse Party'

ohioguy

Will it be as big as Mickey's 60th Birthday back in 1988? But knowing today's Disney, they will never revisit the days of making a birthday parade for a character such Donald Duck's 50th Birthday Parade that was at both a WDW and Disneyland in 1984.

Mickey's 60th Birthday celebration was so big that Disneyland and Walt Disney World gained two different versions of Mickey's 60th Birthday Parade.

Disneyland even made a temporary unit for MSEP that had Mickey dancing on top a pink birthday cake.

I think the last time a Birthday Parade was created was for Goofy called The World According To Goofy at Disneyland made to honor his 60th anniversary.

Wow.....look at the more manageable crowds... those were the days!

Somewhat related - I received my D23 Gold Member gift last week and the reproductions of Mickey memorabilia are stunning. I got particularly giddy at the Disney Channel ‘83 premiere party napkin and the Tokyo Disneyland bag. The portrait looks great on the magazine cover. And first I wasn’t blown away by the new portrait, but it’s grown on me.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The site that shall not be named posted pics of something that will be available for Mickey's 90th at the Contemporary. Oh look... a cupcake. :mad:

disnyfan89

A cupcake killed my brother!!!
its true.jpg

jrhwdw

I agree, how did we get from this?
Mic60gl.jpg

Mickey60th.jpg

ynjuqAOPZI0cBCz.jpg
3877921575_11d8970240_z.jpg

To this?
Do1k8EPUYAAOXuQ.jpg
It's unbelievable! Before Aug 2016, I never thought Mk would stoop so low to can Night parades and not help with 2 FOFs outside of Easter and July 4th!!!!

Of course not all MK decisions the last 2 years have been stupid.

Seasonal overlays for MRFF, Most Merriest, Most of all: HEA!

Hopefully ROE's Replacement will be one of those great decisions!

brb1006

It's unbelievable! Before Aug 2016, I never thought Mk would stoop so low to can Night parades and not help with 2 FOFs outside of Easter and July 4th!!!!

Of course not all MK decisions the last 2 years have been stupid.

Seasonal overlays for MRFF, Most Merriest, Most of all: HEA!

Hopefully ROE's Replacement will be one of those great decisions!
I forgot to mention the time Main Street Electrical Parade had a temporary Birthday unit for Mickey for a short period.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I should also give credit to Jay Rasulo and the oddly waifish man with anemic personality (aka. Tom Staggs). Not a creative bone between any of them, only ways and schemes to make money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom