News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

You gotta think of it like the business though... Getting butts in beds+parks is a much higher priority than just letting someone in with severely discounted pre-paid admission... who you already have their money.

Disney is in an extreme scenario when it comes to their normal revenue streams... getting those weeklong vacationers into the bubble is the big fish. They gotta make sure there is a reason for people to book those hotels... so potential hotels and potential park capacity are always going to be closely associated things.

That's a great point and my view was very myopic without looking at the bigger financial picture!

Current AP availability is depressing. Realistically when I use a day in the middle of July the next weekend availability could be September. That... feels bad.

I agree. Especially if a lot of the passholders front loaded their three days, once their ability to select new passes opens back up there will be even less available for when others can make new selections.

Youre definitely at a disadvantage if you didnt select the very first available days because now your next trip could be pushed even further back.

Last edited:

BLJ66

Demand amongst passholder is moderate with a small supply. Demand amongst resort guests is low with a moderate supply.
I wouldn't say that "Demand amongst resort guest is low with a moderate supply" but rather "Demand amongst resort guest is UNKNOWN due to the fact that many resort guest do not have tickets in hand and cannot purchase tickets therefore they cannot make any park reservations yet".

disneygeek90

I agree. Especially if a lot of the passholders front loaded their three days, once their ability to select new passes opens back up there will be even less available for when others can make new selections.

Youre definitely at a disadvantage if you didnt select the very first available days because now your next trip could be pushed even further back.
Fairly happy at least all of my 3 days are in July. I almost hit snooze on my 6:55 alarm!

MickeyCB

I sure hope that Disney has given consideration to all of their guests who have resort reservations, but are still stuck not having purchased their tickets.

I agree wholeheartedly that this system is a mess. Totally contrary to common sense. We have a 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom reservation at BLT for the day after Christmas through Jan. 2nd. My wife and I have Annual Passes, but, our children and grandchildren can't buy tickets to reserve days at the Parks. A cast member told me that ticket sales have been suspended until mid-summer! By that time, there probably won't be any availability for our party of 14. It seems that our AP reservations and DVC rooms should give us some sort of advantage or 'placeholder' status. I don't think there are a lot of people who lay out money for advance tickets 12 months before their trip. We've planned on this trip for months, and now we are told we can't buy tickets. What a shame that we might be forced to cancel everything when all off site resorts will have the ability to reserve the rest of the holiday availability.

If there isn't a separate pool of slots being left available, there are going to be lots of disappointed families out there.

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete
I don't know if you would be comfortable buying tickets from a 3rd party. But rumor has it that some sites like undercover tourists have them and that you can purchase and add them to your account. (I have absolutely no idea if that is true or not).

wvdisneyfamily

received_671272330120441.jpeg

raymusiccity

I don't know if you would be comfortable buying tickets from a 3rd party. But rumor has it that some sites like undercover tourists have them and that you can purchase and add them to your account. (I have absolutely no idea if that is true or not).
Thanks so much for the suggestion. I think we'd be a nervous wreck trying to bend the rules. Disney might exclude them somehow. Sort of losing benefits when you buy a DVC contract from an outside dealer.

nickys

Premium Member
All 3rd party sellers were all shut down from selling them within days of Disney stopping ticket sales.

mergatroid

Sorry if asked previously but can anyone tell me. At what precise time can existing ticket holders apply for reservations online tomorrow?

bartholomr4

Sorry if asked previously but can anyone tell me. At what precise time can existing ticket holders apply for reservations online tomorrow?

My Daughter and I were able to chat with a CM this morning. We have resort reservations and tickets and were calling to try to add another day to our tickets. She wasn't able to add a day for us today, but said we should try back tomorrow at 7am Eastern (to your question) when the queue will open up for additional ticket sales.

Another hint for you.... we waiting on the telephone for 45 minutes, and in our boredom went to disneyworld.com and clicked on the "chat button" after about 5 minutes we were able to text with "Spenser", who we shared our situation/desire to add the ticket. He was able to set us up for a call back which happened in about 15 minutes. We were able to speak with "Anne-Marie". She answered all our questions, tried to add the ticket, then found out we would have to try again tomorrow. Was really fast and easy.... Not sure if it will stay that way once the flood gates open tomorrow, but Anne-Marie shared they are working 12 hour shifts (then said she could work as many hours as she wanted) trying to get everyone's questions answered. I don't think she is a normal telephone agent, but did share she was a Cast Member taking on the duty to get the "soft launch" off the ground.....

(Fun fact you would probably want to know... Phone lines and Chat open at 7am.... the Call backs queue-up but don't start until 8am - All times eastern).

Hope that helps... Give it a try....

mergatroid

My Daughter and I were able to chat with a CM this morning. We have resort reservations and tickets and were calling to try to add another day to our tickets. She wasn't able to add a day for us today, but said we should try back tomorrow at 7am Eastern (to your question) when the queue will open up for additional ticket sales.

Another hint for you.... we waiting on the telephone for 45 minutes, and in our boredom went to disneyworld.com and clicked on the "chat button" after about 5 minutes we were able to text with "Spenser", who we shared our situation/desire to add the ticket. He was able to set us up for a call back which happened in about 15 minutes. We were able to speak with "Anne-Marie". She answered all our questions, tried to add the ticket, then found out we would have to try again tomorrow. Was really fast and easy.... Not sure if it will stay that way once the flood gates open tomorrow, but Anne-Marie shared they are working 12 hour shifts (then said she could work as many hours as she wanted) trying to get everyone's questions answered. I don't think she is a normal telephone agent, but did share she was a Cast Member taking on the duty to get the "soft launch" off the ground.....

(Fun fact you would probably want to know... Phone lines and Chat open at 7am.... the Call backs queue-up but don't start until 8am - All times eastern).

Hope that helps... Give it a try....

Appreciate it, thanks very much for taking the time to reply in such a helpful manner.

Vtlsgns

Just confirmed w Disney after well over an hour on hold that you can’t have resort and non resort day reservations (I’ve got 5 reservations over my stay mid July, so I couldn’t make 3 more). Luckily my stay is only a week after opening so I’ll just keep things the way they are but it is unfortunate.
Do you know if in this scenario, after your resort/reservation days are used (i.e. your trip is over) can you begin to make additional non-resort reservations as an AP?

Dizneykid

We are booked for this summer. I have a strong feeling that Disney will close before then due to the covid cases - does this mean our chance to reschedule for 2021 is gone? Everyone had to book park tickets for next year already, right? Ultra bummed. I have waited so long to go on our magical vacation. Waiting until 2022 breaks my spirit.

Loanshark20

I have an AP and my wife and daughter have 6 day park passes. So I have 3 days of park passes for me, got them Friday, but tomorrow my family gets their 6 days of park passes. So as an AP holder I have to sit out for the final 3 days of family vacation? We don’t stay on site. Can I buy my own 3 day pass while still being an AP holder? This doesn’t make sense to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom