News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Kman101

I think one of the biggest things with passholders is that they're (and I would have normally been included in that if I didn't have a resort stay to avoid just this) basically just grabbing what they can, lol, which I totally get. I don't think there's going to be much rhyme or reason to their selections.

Weekday Pass definitely gets an edge for now LOL

Gillyanne

Plus if come Friday all the 3 day only APs are logging on early to get those earlier dates, I can just wait until later in the day for my Sept :)

I opted for "later in the day", deciding to head into work late and sleep in a little bit. Last night I prepped my phone's browser to the start of the reservation system, so when I just happened to have rolled over at 7am I tried. Couldn't get logged in just one try so I said "meh" and just rolled back over. About 8:15 I tried again and was able to get in :) I did have "issues" where on my account, no times would come up for EP or HS for the days I wanted (even though the calendars showed all parks available), but I just logged into my mom's account instead and had no problems.

So we managed to get our 3 dates for our Sept visit no problem :) All you other APers just keep booking the earlier/closer dates (or even weekends b/c as WDS can't go those days anyway) so I have no problems with our Nov dates either ;)

Seanual757

I'd like to give a shoutout to everyone that said "On-Site Resort Guests are losing their onsite advantage" with the new system. One look at the availability calendars should be enough to end that argument now.

Also, shoutout to everyone that got the weekday pass; you really ended up with the last laugh.

unless you are stuck in limbo as a resort guest and an APH waiting for Disney to extend your Ap's :(

nickys

Premium Member
I'd like to give a shoutout to everyone that said "On-Site Resort Guests are losing their onsite advantage" with the new system. One look at the availability calendars should be enough to end that argument now.

Also, shoutout to everyone that got the weekday pass; you really ended up with the last laugh.
The onsite advantage for those who already had tickets is clear. But those without tickets yet could be completely blocked out when offsite guests start booking on Sunday.

Or it could be that this gives hope to those with reservations but stuck without tickets, if there are three separate pools of passes.

Last edited:

joup7

Not all passholders are grabbing first available without rhyme or reason. I’m going on days a friend had a hotel stay so I had targets to aim for. Also wanted to get one magic kingdom, one animal kingdom, and one Hollywood studios. Tried to space out my trips in July too.

Avoided Epcot because as a teacher, once school starts I’m stuck with weekends only and am expecting a whole bunch of Epcot in my future.

I am hoping that some of the theories are correct and that they are holding spots for hotel guests, and that when we get within a few days and it’s obvious hotel guests aren’t coming, more availability will become available. They want to maximize capacity because unused spots are lost profit.

So I’m booked at a Disney resort from 8/14-8/17 and have my park reservations. However, I’m spending the night of 8/13 at an offsite hotel. I obviously can’t get a park reservation for the 13th right now. If it gets to the 13th and there’s availability at a park, will they not let my party enter the park just because of reservation rules? It’s a Thursday, so hypothetically there could be space. The value of our passes seems to be decreasing by the second lol.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Not all passholders are grabbing first available without rhyme or reason. I’m going on days a friend had a hotel stay so I had targets to aim for. Also wanted to get one magic kingdom, one animal kingdom, and one Hollywood studios. Tried to space out my trips in July too.

Yeah, we booked 3 in August and 2 in September - I wonder if that's why it allowed us more than 3?

raymusiccity

The onsite advantage for those who already had tickets is clear. But those without tickets yet could be completely blocked out when offsite guests start booking on Sunday.

Or it could be that this gives hope to those with reservations but stuck without tickets, if there are three separate pools of passes.

I sure hope that Disney has given consideration to all of their guests who have resort reservations, but are still stuck not having purchased their tickets.

I agree wholeheartedly that this system is a mess. Totally contrary to common sense. We have a 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom reservation at BLT for the day after Christmas through Jan. 2nd. My wife and I have Annual Passes, but, our children and grandchildren can't buy tickets to reserve days at the Parks. A cast member told me that ticket sales have been suspended until mid-summer! By that time, there probably won't be any availability for our party of 14. It seems that our AP reservations and DVC rooms should give us some sort of advantage or 'placeholder' status. I don't think there are a lot of people who lay out money for advance tickets 12 months before their trip. We've planned on this trip for months, and now we are told we can't buy tickets. What a shame that we might be forced to cancel everything when all off site resorts will have the ability to reserve the rest of the holiday availability.

If there isn't a separate pool of slots being left available, there are going to be lots of disappointed families out there.

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

Epcot_Imagineer

Whew this whole system is a whole doozy. Anywhere I can find a quick synopsis of this whole thing? I swear between MDE and this, I'm going to need a crack team of scientists to figure out how to vacation the world.

jaklgreen

Has anyone been successful in getting your Annual Pass renewed before the 60 day window?

Since my son's AP was extended from July to November, we can't renew it to make sure he has valid admission for our December trip, which makes us unable to book his park pass reservation like the rest of us. It's very frustrating. I called twice yesterday and was on hold for a total of 5 hours and was unable to reach ticketing or anyone that could help me.

Yes, I messaged someone on their website and they said that they will let you renew now. You have to call their ticketing line 407-566-4985 and pick option 4. I got through pretty fast. I renewed and got my email confirmation instantly. Then I just linked it to MDE.

KikoKea

I have 7 total passes for 2 resort (Shades) visits in Sept and Nov. Hopped on today to grab a pass for our first day in Sept (decided to leave home at o'dark-thirty and arrive about lunchtime) but website said I had reached my limit. Tried for a few passes for another resort visit (Shades) in Jan and got the same message. We have APs.

Are we being limited to 2 visits?

MadMax11

I have to say, this part baffles me. My friends have reservations for December at Old Key West after having their June trip cancelled. They didn't buy tickets at that time. They have an on-site reservation, no tickets, and they're not certain they'll be able to even get a reservation into the park, because Disney says they won't be selling them tickets till August, as I understand it. Why the hell would someone make on-site reservations knowing full well they may not be able to reserve a park experience?

jaklgreen

Kind of surprised by the lack of AP availability compared to resort guests. Maybe they need to reallocate tickets if demand isn’t at the resorts?

I agree that AP should have more availability. I think that they should not give the resorts at Disney Springs priority over an AP holder. Why do they get resort benefits? I hate that.

nickys

Premium Member
I have to say, this part baffles me. My friends have reservations for December at Old Key West after having their June trip cancelled. They didn't buy tickets at that time. They have an on-site reservation, no tickets, and they're not certain they'll be able to even get a reservation into the park, because Disney says they won't be selling them tickets till August, as I understand it. Why the hell would someone make on-site reservations knowing full well they may not be able to reserve a park experience?

Many DVC members book and don’t buy APS or tickets until nearer the time. Some are new members, booked their first ever trip and didn’t book tickets at the time. Up until this year that has never been an issue. Add to that the fact that members were going to lose points unless they booked before a certain date, so they had to take a chance that they’d be able to get reservations. Those beyond October may well be OK, but those going in the summer look to be SOL right now.

So there will be a lot of DVCers having to make a choice between having a resort-only stay or losing points. On top of the members who have already lost points. It’s a total mess. Unless Disney can somehow put it right, and there’s no sign that’s going to happen.

MadMax11

Many DVC members book and don’t buy APS or tickets until nearer the time. Some are new members, booked their first ever trip and didn’t book tickets at the time. Up until this year that has never been an issue. Add to that the fact that members were going to lose points unless they booked before a certain date, so they had to take a chance that they’d be able to get reservations. Those beyond October may well be OK, but those going in the summer look to be SOL right now.

So there will be a lot of DVCers having to make a choice between having a resort-only stay or losing points. On top of the members who have already lost points. It’s a total mess. Unless Disney can somehow put it right, and there’s no sign that’s going to happen.

Yeah, I get that. I'm a DVCer. Our friends aren't, but rented points at OKW. So they have a Disney reservation, but no tickets. They didn't know they'd need park reservations at the time they made their hotel reservations. I just can't imagine at this point making a hotel reservation, if you don't have tickets, not knowing if you can experience the parks at all. It sucks, personally, because these friends were joining us there for a trip with our families.

DCBaker

Premium Member
DHS is now completely booked for July for APs.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 11.16.33 AM.png

Pick145

Preaching to the choir here, but I'm having a hard time understanding Disney's position on not letting resort guests buy tickets. I have an AP, and resort reservation, so I was able to book my park reservations, but the person with I'm traveling with doesn't yet have tickets so no chance. I'm hopeful this changes as the parks open, wish they would at least give a date.

It's going to be tough to leave her at the pool as I enjoy the parks, I'll take plenty of pictures for her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom