News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Seanual757

I agree that AP should have more availability. I think that they should not give the resorts at Disney Springs priority over an AP holder. Why do they get resort benefits? I hate that.

According to Disney when I talked to them yesterday several thousand AP's extensions are stuck in Limbo with NO ETA in getting them completed. I have 4 of 6 Platinum Passes that still need to be extended and NOBODY from Disney can give me an answer 40+ hours in 4 days on the phone with them. Sad part we have resort stays in coming up in a few weeks :(

Disney management really screwed this up big time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
According to Disney when I talked to them yesterday several thousand AP's extensions are stuck in Limbo with NO ETA in getting them completed. I have 4 of 6 Platinum Passes that still need to be extended and NOBODY from Disney can give me an answer 40+ hours in 4 days on the phone with them. Sad part we have resort stays in coming up in a few weeks :(

Sorry to hear that, it isn't good enough.

jaklgreen

My situation was that, with the extension, it pushed my AP expiration to Sept 19. I have a trip in Oct booked and it would not let me renew for another month. I chatted with someone on the website who said that they made a workaround for that and to call that number 407-566-4985 and pick option 4. I did that yesterday, got through relatively quickly and told them about my AP limbo. The cast member said that many people have the same issue so Disney made it so that you can renew earlier. So that is what I did, I paid to renew my AP(they were even able to handle the Gold pass with DVC discount). I got the email immediately and was able to add it to MDE. I can now see both my currant AP and my new AP voucher. I was also then able to reserve my park days for my Oct trip. Try calling them at that number.

RememberWhen

My situation was that, with the extension, it pushed my AP expiration to Sept 19. I have a trip in Oct booked and it would not let me renew for another month. I chatted with someone on the website who said that they made a workaround for that and to call that number 407-566-4985 and pick option 4. I did that yesterday, got through relatively quickly and told them about my AP limbo. The cast member said that many people have the same issue so Disney made it so that you can renew earlier. So that is what I did, I paid to renew my AP(they were even able to handle the Gold pass with DVC discount). I got the email immediately and was able to add it to MDE. I can now see both my currant AP and my new AP voucher. I was also then able to reserve my park days for my Oct trip. Try calling them at that number.
Any idea if they would have let you upgrade your pass?

raymusiccity

Preaching to the choir here, but I'm having a hard time understanding Disney's position on not letting resort guests buy tickets. I have an AP, and resort reservation, so I was able to book my park reservations, but the person with I'm traveling with doesn't yet have tickets so no chance. I'm hopeful this changes as the parks open, wish they would at least give a date.

It's going to be tough to leave her at the pool as I enjoy the parks, I'll take plenty of pictures for her.
Agree 100%. It's totally contrary to common sense, not to allow resort guests any option to purchase tickets at this time!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
As an aside, if/when we get closer to the actual dates, and they still have availability on the resort or standard ticket guest calendars, I’d expect to see some of that availability transfer over.
I get them leaving availability to try and get people to book onsite, but yes, it is unimaginable to me that once we get to a few days out, they would rather the spot go empty than let an AP inside where they might spend some additional money.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The passholder availability calendar is crazy. Already 11-14 (MK and AK) are gone. Epcot and Studios are booked for the 15th. Studios is booked from opening to the 19th (plus the 25- 26th). In general the 18th is completely booked.

For passholders wanting to go to DHS: If you want to go on a weekend, book now. All weekends in July are already booked.

Wow.. I'm actually pretty suprised.

So is the demand huge, or the supply small?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current calendar for August for APs -
Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 1.37.26 PM.png

flynnibus

Premium Member
Many DVC members book and don’t buy APS or tickets until nearer the time. Some are new members, booked their first ever trip and didn’t book tickets at the time. Up until this year that has never been an issue.

It boils down to ... 'the old norms' do not necessarily apply right now. All the tweaks and nip/tucks guests would do that aren't the mainline "book a trip, including parks and tickets" like Disney wants the mainstream to be... are either second class, or completely left out right now.

Many people are left out because they made choices that were 'perfectly fine' before.. but not first class citizens now. Avoidable, but one can easily say 'shouldn't need to be'... but Disney is struggling with the realities of how to limit the deluge.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was wondering this myself. How dynamic are they going to be with the allocation.

Sure looks like they are being conservative with APs... or at least really putting them behind resort guests.

But they really need to address the gap of having an EXISTING room ressie.. and not being able to get tickets/reservations. Hopefully they can do something for existing bookings without opening up the thing to be gamed by people trying to use the exception as a in...

My question is, if or when will they allow additional cash hotel reservations at the resorts that will be available when the parks re-open. I'm an annual passholder so I have my first three days selected but I'd really like a chance to potentially grab a hotel room for one of my trips. I know this is assuming that the resorts available for cash bookings haven't reached their capacity, which they may have due to the shuffling that has been occurring from the known closed resorts.

nickys

Premium Member
My question is, if or when will they allow additional cash hotel reservations at the resorts that will be available when the parks re-open. I'm an annual passholder so I have my first three days selected but I'd really like a chance to potentially grab a hotel room for one of my trips. I know this is assuming that the resorts available for cash bookings haven't reached their capacity, which they may have due to the shuffling that has been occurring from the known closed resorts.

I would hope they will allow existing onsite guests to book tickets first, and then open up new resort bookings.

One would assume the two capacities go hand in hand... you open up more resort capacity when you have more park capacity and vise versa.

I know my perspective is different since I have an annual pass (local), my attendance at the park is as of now "on the books" so if additional hotel capacity was opened, it would not affect the park capacity. I know this is a minority situation compared to the overall bigger picture of people trying to get park pass reservations using this new system.

disneygeek90

Current AP availability is depressing. Realistically when I use a day in the middle of July the next weekend availability could be September. That... feels bad.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I know my perspective is different since I have an annual pass (local), my attendance at the park is as of now "on the books" so if additional hotel capacity was opened, it would not affect the park capacity. I know this is a minority situation compared to the overall bigger picture of people trying to get park pass reservations using this new system.

You gotta think of it like the business though... Getting butts in beds+parks is a much higher priority than just letting someone in with severely discounted pre-paid admission... who you already have their money.

Disney is in an extreme scenario when it comes to their normal revenue streams... getting those weeklong vacationers into the bubble is the big fish. They gotta make sure there is a reason for people to book those hotels... so potential hotels and potential park capacity are always going to be closely associated things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom