News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Kman101

Me too. I think it reads us AP holders, and not Disney Resort Guests with a ticket package, unfortunately.

Seems that way. Very confusing. I also have an overlapping reservation so it shows be booked in two hotels at the same time because I had one cancel two days ago. I wonder if that's causing problems? I should have called and had it taken off ...

Kman101

I think the issue that has been coming up is people with APs and a resort reservation not being allowed to book park passes for all of their days. If everything is linked, they should be able to book all the days that they have a resort reservation (which is what we just were able to do, luckily).

My resort stays are linked. I have a separate room booked on July 19th-21st and can't get anything because I'm at my limit as an AP holder. I'm just glad to have three. I'd like four but oh well. I guess it may work itself out but I worry about availablity. I don't need to be there every day though so I guess I'm good, lol

disneygeek90

If you look at the availability calendar they have separate selections for ticket holders, resort guests, and AP holders. The resort guest one is the only one that shows any availability, likely because they're they only ones that can book reservations right now. I'm guessing AP availability will open up once APs are allowed to book.
Yeah the previous poster was questioning why they only allowed them 3 days, as if reading as only an AP, but I was given no options. So it looks like it is reading for AP + Resort to be able to book today, but for whatever reason still not allowing all days of the stay for some.

I just spent the last hour catching up on this thread and it was genuinely entertaining.

mickeymiss

We have achieved reservations 🎉🎆 Thank you to everyone who helped. I say we all stayed pretty calm lol. I only threatened to throw one tantrum and move to outer space. There was no particular strategy that I can share unfortunately. I don't know what my husband even did. It was quick and easy to do once in the system so I think everyone will get openings but hot dang.

Should I call for new tickets now even though life literally has drained from me and the line is probably busy? I don't know if waiting will mess up my chances to get openings. I really want my husband to do it later. He's better at this than me but won't be home until 5:00.

valenrandy

Using the posted dining trick worked for us and booked our parks 7-11 through 7-18 for our 7-10 through 7-18 stay using an AP+ Resort Reservation. My other browser windows are still cycling but thank you to whoever figured the workaround out!

Mainahman

We have achieved reservations 🎉🎆 Thank you to everyone who helped. I say we all stayed pretty calm lol. I only threatened to throw one tantrum and move to outer space. There was no particular strategy that I can share unfortunately. I don't know what my husband even did. It was quick and easy to do once in the system so I think everyone will get openings but hot dang.

Should I call for new tickets now even though life literally has drained from me and the line is probably busy? I don't know if waiting will mess up my chances to get openings. I really want my husband to do it later. He's better at this than me but won't be home until 5:00.
IF you can id wait, ive been trying to get on a chat session for like 2 hours now.

Mattyp353

There aren't new ticket sales right now - I need one more day too since there won't be park hopping.

twall0415

We have about 4 resort stays that were booked pre-Covid that we decided to keep along with our annual pass. For our first two trips, we had no problems reserving any days. Once we started trying to reserve for our third/ fourth trip, we hit the pass limit exceeded alert. In all, we were able to make 7 days of reservations. So I am thinking the annual pass problem is an issue linking with the resort reservations. On the other two trips, we had additional people traveling with us, so that might have caused some issues but who really knows whats going on.

Rescue Ranger

I've never had to book, re-book, plan, cancel, re-cancel, re-book again, unplan, re-plan, get canceled or reserve anything like this over the course of a year or EVER!!!! Yet after all this, depending what happens come end of August, still we might not be able to go.

Back on the loading screen again after once getting in. But made some errors. I thought I could modify on the app once placed so I screwed up. What an ordeal.

EdnaMode

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I normally use Safari. I tried it a couple of times with no luck, and was able to book park reservations for most of my stay when I switched over to Chrome.

Hcalvert

At least they are being more honest now:

1592836881829.png

Kman101

I have an AP (Platinum) and was able to book all my days (July 11-24) including checkout day.

Interesting.

Either a glitch or I may have to call about the reservation linking. It shows I'm linked but it's still limiting me. I do have an overlapping reservation that shows me in two resorts at the same time which I needed to take off but the hotel cancelled two days ago and then I linked the new one. I have a separate reservation for the 19th-21st and it won't let me reserve anything so who knows??

Haylo

Yeah the previous poster was questioning why they only allowed them 3 days, as if reading as only an AP, but I was given no options. So it looks like it is reading for AP + Resort to be able to book today, but for whatever reason still not allowing all days of the stay for some.

I just spent the last hour catching up on this thread and it was genuinely entertaining.

Ahh. Gotcha 👍🏻. Missed that connection. I read it as you were questioning why there was no availability showing for a non-resort AP.

RevRemy

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I normally use Safari. I tried it a couple of times with no luck, and was able to book park reservations for most of my stay when I switched over to Chrome.

I had to switch to Chrome too. Safari was a cluster of a mess.

Hcalvert

Interesting.

Either a glitch or I may have to call about the reservation linking. It shows I'm linked but it's still limiting me. I do have an overlapping reservation that shows me in two resorts at the same time which I needed to take off but the hotel cancelled two days ago and then I linked the new one. I have a separate reservation for the 19th-21st and it won't let me reserve anything so who knows??
I don't know if this helped me in any manner, but I have these planning cards still in my account from before they cancelled FPs and I wasn't going to renew my AP and was waiting for the extension. IT told me they that the system reads them as tickets, but for FP purposes only. I cannot get rid of them in my account until they expire July 25.

1592837035623.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom