News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

KYDVC

I went the backdoor way.

1. First to FAQ about MDE: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/my-disney-experience/disney-experience/
2. Then clicked on the first blue link
3. Then I logged in.
4. Then I clicked on the drop down menu for the park reservations.
5. Clicked on the blue button on the righthand screen that says "Make a Disney Park Pass Reservation"
6. Sat in orbit for about 15 mintues and finally was able to make the reservations.

*I had mutliple orbits open all counting down the same and when I did get in, I could make two reservations for different days at a time.

Edit : I just tried it and now it is sending me to the castle. Geez!
After waiting for hours this morning, I did this in an incognito window and got in within 15 minutes. As others said, once in, it was really quick to get my reservations. I was able to book all 11 days of my trip in the parks.

Kman101

that's the problem. who in their right mind would think it was a good idea to open the system through Sept 2021 all on the same day? You think staggering based on your arrival date might have been a little better?

That's exactly what they should have done, lol. They never really are prepared and it's so embarrassing.

TimeandTempo

I'm gone for an hour and suddenly there's 20 pages and no availability between july and at least february.

Am I correct in guessing that APs with no resort reservations can't get dates booked?

Beacon Joe

As I haven't found any wording about it yet. Does anyone know if you can leave and come back if you have a "pass"?

Now that's a good question. I assume it will function like any normal day, that if you leave and return, you can get back in as long as the park's not at whatever capacity's been set for that day. Would be good to have official word on this though.

eta: Has Disney Parks published what percentage capacity they're capping at this Summer as they reopen?

disneygeek90

Are slots really empty now?
Not according to the calendar.
Capture.PNG

Aries1975

I had a orbit countdown. Then a please be patient still with space mountain. Now, I am on the same white screen. Should I wait here?

Thankfully, I am working from home today and can have this mess running on my ipad while I work.

No further progress. I must have timed out on my login. My plans showed NOTHING. After a really deep breath and a castle screen, i am back in my Disney experience and still NOTHING - no plans. But now I have a message. "We cannot display all of your vacation details right now."

Simultaneously, on the laptop. I simply tried to go to dining reservations and got Stitch. So, they closed the backdoor.

Joel

Based on what I know about their infrastructure, it should be infinitely scalable and accommodate user surges. Not to mention that proper testing in advance of release should have caught this, combined with better communication from the company in advance re: what time the release would actually occur.

Companies live and die on customer experience, FWIW.
Should be infinitely scalable... if implemented properly, but this is Disney so lol. They don't really care, and Disney fans are willing to put up with it, so why should they care?

Beacon Joe

Picked up by the Motley Fool: https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/06/22/disney-worlds-new-reservations-system-off-to-a-rou.aspx

Disney's minority-owned theme parks in Shanghai and Hong Kong have already opened with similar online reservation requirements, and they didn't roll out with the same kind of glitches. On the one hand it's great to see consumers hungry again for Disney's theme park experiences in light of a pandemic and recession , but one also has to wonder why the world's leading player in this tourist-attracting niche didn't have its act together when it's opening at least a month later than all of its central Florida rivals.

rle4lunch

wife is on right now in 2 browsers, one minute is says 1 day is available, then she'll refresh and nothing will be available till April 2021. total crap show going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom