News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

mickeymiss

I had a orbit countdown. Then a please be patient still with space mountain. Now, I am on the same white screen. Should I wait here?

Thankfully, I am working from home today and can have this mess running on my ipad while I work.

Thank you for the most genuinely spot on comment. I'm still laughing...."this mess"

crawale

The dining trick worked for me.

I was able to get Magic Kingdom on July 11th, AK July 12th and DHS July 15th. The system runs really fast when it works. Very easy. I've waited for three hours so I get the frustration. Don't give up.

However, I'm an AP with a hotel reservation and it's limiting me to three. That's fine but it's a little confusing ... are AP's allowed to make reservations today by accident? Or is it a glitch? I don't need a reservation every day so I'm good with three but it's weird.
You should be able to make a reservation for every day you are staying at the hotel. That was my experience.

crawale

I've been trying to read this whole thread, but I gave up.. Help me understand..haha.

I have a DVC room for Sept. 4th-13th at BR.
I can't buy a pass right now or tix? I'm not sure why.
It won't let me reserve any days for any park for that period because I guess I don't have tix.

Is that how it just is right now? Sorry.
Yes, you need both a room and tickets. Not sure when they are planning to allow ticket sales. CMs did not know.

disneygeek90

The dining trick worked for me.

I was able to get Magic Kingdom on July 11th, AK July 12th and DHS July 15th. The system runs really fast when it works. Very easy. I've waited for three hours so I get the frustration. Don't give up.

However, I'm an AP with a hotel reservation and it's limiting me to three. That's fine but it's a little confusing ... are AP's allowed to make reservations today by accident? Or is it a glitch? I don't need a reservation every day so I'm good with three but it's weird.
I'm an offsite AP and when I chose a day it said no park availability. Hoping there's still some days left for opening weekend on Friday. I go to MK the least but after all this it's the one I want to get back to first.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Does anyone have advice on what I should do with the park hopper option I have linked to multi-day tickets? I have only made a deposit at this point and will pay the balance whenever. I'm concerned about asking them to update the reservation (sans park hopper) and losing the park reservations in the process. Does that make sense?

I would definitely call - but certainly not today! Have screenshots of your park reservations just in case. Good luck to you.

I can't do ANYTHING. Not with an incognito session, not the dining way, nothing.

Sorry! As I was typing this I see that you finally got in, but only got 3/4 days. Ugh. Even more sorry.

I think the system is completely overloaded now. Cannot even get to the dining reservation screen (another laptop and browser). Sitting on the Falcon.

That appears to be the new screen that many are getting. Talk about a chaotic rollout...

Me too. I think it reads us AP holders, and not Disney Resort Guests with a ticket package, unfortunately.

I'm not sure what is going with that. We are AP holders with a 3/way split stay in July and it let us book all 13 days that we wanted. Obviously there is some kind of issue with AP linking to resort linking to the new system. Sorry.

StarWarsGirl

I just got all of ours.

We tried this morning on an iPad and it wouldn't work.

I used my work computer and got in via Firefox after waiting five minutes to sign in and then twenty to get in on the website.

If I made a mistake, I had to get in the app to cancel the reservation, then into the website to rebook.

Total pain, but I got through it.

crawale

Sorry, I don't have a solution, but other people have reported the same.
This is too weird since APs only can only book from 24th. To book anything today you are supposed to have both tickets and resort. I was able to book every day of my stay. This is not Disney's finest hour.

Kman101

This is too weird since APs only can only book from 24th. To book anything today you are supposed to have both tickets and resort. I was able to book every day of my stay. This is not Disney's finest hour.

It seems like AP's are able to as I'm only limited to three but then I should be able to make more? It's confusing but at least I have three.

TriSeb

After making the Park reservation, you can go to the My Plans page and click on Reservation Details button.
The next page provide the option to Cancel or go Back.

The URL however, contains a unique number (example replaced by "#":
disneyworld.disney.go.com/ park-reservations/ details/ ##########?returnUrl=/plan/

The unique number is 10 characters at the moment. I would advising taking note of that number. A screenshot without any reference number maybe of little use.

Haylo

I'm an offsite AP and when I chose a day it said no park availability. Hoping there's still some days left for opening weekend on Friday. I go to MK the least but after all this it's the one I want to get back to first.
If you look at the availability calendar they have separate selections for ticket holders, resort guests, and AP holders. The resort guest one is the only one that shows any availability, likely because they're they only ones that can book reservations right now. I'm guessing AP availability will open up once APs are allowed to book.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member

I think the issue that has been coming up is people with APs and a resort reservation not being allowed to book park passes for all of their days. If everything is linked, they should be able to book all the days that they have a resort reservation (which is what we just were able to do, luckily).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom