News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

DCBaker

Premium Member
“As you can see in the photo below, guests are lined up to purchase same-day tickets for the Magic Kingdom reopening. We spoke with a manager who confirmed to us that same-day tickets are being sold “as theme park reservation allows”. As a reminder, all guests must have a valid theme park ticket and a Disney Park Pass reservation to enter the Walt Disney World theme parks.”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
“As you can see in the photo below, guests are lined up to purchase same-day tickets for the Magic Kingdom reopening. We spoke with a manager who confirmed to us that same-day tickets are being sold “as theme park reservation allows”. As a reminder, all guests must have a valid theme park ticket and a Disney Park Pass reservation to enter the Walt Disney World theme parks.”

The moose out front should have told you that you needed a reservation.

Kman101

Animal Kingdom fills up before Epcot does? Does everyone hate Soarin' and Frozen Ever After all of a sudden?

Anyway, nice to see there's strong demand for tickets - I was concerned with the virus numbers out of Florida currently.

LOL. I feel like the other three parks just have bigger draws, if you will. MK is the castle park so it's always going to be the most popular. Then you have DHS which added Runaway Railway and Rise, and both are super popular. And then you have Pandora and Flight of Passage. I'm not shocked DHS and AK are filling up. I think we're all seeing the lower crowds and realizing it could be a lot easier to enjoy these new attractions. Epcot just hasn't really had anything majorly new. Frozen is popular but then you have new things that take the shine off of it. Soarin' seems to have dipped in popularity a bit since the switch from CA to World, even though World fits better. Just some thoughts.

It's probably why Epcot was getting massive investment. Shame it's in jeopardy. Guardians and Rat will definitely level the playing field, if you will. A lot of Epcot just feels tired and many of the rides just aren't massive draws. I can see why it's not everyone's first choice. I also feel like the size of Epcot will allow for great physical distancing so maybe the capacity is higher? DHS is a small park (which is why so many of us want true expansion there) so I wonder if that also plays into the park filling up quickly.

RSoxNo1

Animal Kingdom fills up before Epcot does? Does everyone hate Soarin' and Frozen Ever After all of a sudden?

Anyway, nice to see there's strong demand for tickets - I was concerned with the virus numbers out of Florida currently.
Animal Kingdom passed Epcot in attendance in 2017. It is without question the better park right now.

jinx8402

Just spit balling here. I wonder if the issue is that the AP allocation is tied to having only 3 days at a time reserved.

My suggestion would be to keep the day ticket separate from the AP like they currently are. But since they are allowing day guests to buy tickets day of if there is availability for that bucket, perhaps they should allow AP who do not have a reservation that day to go to the ticket window and get a free one day ticket for that day/park as long as there is availability. This would do two things, keep the buckets as is and allow AP to go day of if availability is there. It would also not use one of the 3 advanced reservations.

disneygeek90

Just spit balling here. I wonder if the issue is that the AP allocation is tied to having only 3 days at a time reserved.

My suggestion would be to keep the day ticket separate from the AP like they currently are. But since they are allowing day guests to buy tickets day of if there is availability for that bucket, perhaps they should allow AP who do not have a reservation that day to go to the ticket window and get a free one day ticket for that day/park as long as there is availability. This would do two things, keep the buckets as is and allow AP to go day of if availability is there. It would also not use one of the 3 advanced reservations.
That seems a little confusing. If they were going to allow an additional last minute booking I think they could just open the current day to AP’s subject to ticket availability that does not count toward the 3 day limit.

I’m sure they want to limit the amount of people getting in a physical line at the ticket window. No reason a day of booking couldn’t be made online.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That seems a little confusing. If they were going to allow an additional last minute booking I think they could just open the current day to AP’s subject to ticket availability that does not count toward the 3 day limit.

I’m sure they want to limit the amount of people getting in a physical line at the ticket window. No reason a day of booking couldn’t be made online.

Yeah except that AP isn't making the part an extra $100+ like the ticket sale will :)

Touchdown

Has it perhaps occurred to some of you local APs that they are trying to spread you out so as to have a consistent stream of visitors throughout these next few weeks?

flynnibus

Premium Member
But no one is buying them? At some point you gotta open it up and take that $100 in the form of merch and food rather than an entrance ticket.

I think all of this will fall under 'evolving situation'. AKA disney will adjust as the real world metrics start to come in on things like visiting patterns, no-show rates, actual capacity handling in the parks, etc.

Simply put.. they gotta start somewhere.. and adjust as they see results of the choices. I don't think people need to sweat it all much.. Disney is just as interested in getting as many people in as anyone should be :)

erstwo

Ticket Sales are NOT open for 2020 dates. You can only purchase park tickets for January 1st 2021 through Sept. 2021 at the moment.
Currently if All parks have availablity from Sept 2020 onwards. It is only July & Aug 2020 that have some parks full for the various categories of guests (AP availability being full the most). At the current rate of bookings, If you want to go in Sept 2020 or later I believe availability will not be an issue, except maybe around Christmas time.

Okay, so it turns out you are correct on the availability! I evidently had a browser upgrade issue with my laptop. I'll try to post a picture of what I was seeing on my computer, but when I checked on my phone - I see available days.

Thank you for the heads up/ making me go back and check!

disneygeek90

Okay, so it turns out you are correct on the availability! I evidently had a browser upgrade issue with my laptop. I'll try to post a picture of what I was seeing on my computer, but when I checked on my phone - I see available days.

Thank you for the heads up/ making me go back and check!
Regarding 2020 sales, this is no longer accurate. 2020 ticket and hotel sales resumed on July 9. The news is changing seemingly daily at this point.

Thelazer

They really should just make it simple:

If you book a resort stay, guaranteed admission no matter what at any park.

For everyone else, there are XX,XXX reservations per day, per park.
Booking is a rolling 8 day window.
First come, first serve, daily reservations left is posted each day, you can book before you drive in if available.

End of story.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

First come, first serve, daily reservations left is posted each day, you can book before you drive in if available.

End of story.
Resort guests certainly have the lions share of reservations. Day guests comparatively little.

raymusiccity

Just from watching the latest videos, EPCOT looks like the least attractive of all the Parks. Who wants to be welcomed by a maze of plywood walkways and bulldozed buildings?! 😥

Magic Feather

End of story.
Resort guests could fill DHS’s reduced capacity on their own. Day guests and pass holders would be very POed by limited DHS access.

Also, Disney isn’t entirely mad that every day hasn’t completely filled.

Brooklin Disney Dad

Resort guests could fill DHS’s reduced capacity on their own. Day guests and pass holders would be very POed by limited DHS access.

Also, Disney isn’t entirely mad that every day hasn’t completely filled.
But with limited capacity, Disney OWES this to resort guests. They should get priority as they are taking the risks to come and are staying on site. APs should get second crack at a good portion, then day visitors. Only fair (I would qualify as a off site day visitor but this seems right).

Rider

But with limited capacity, Disney OWES this to resort guests. They should get priority as they are taking the risks to come and are staying on site. APs should get second crack at a good portion, then day visitors. Only fair (I would qualify as a off site day visitor but this seems right).
Except for this week and next week there are no parks blocked for resort guests. It doesn't really seem like there is an issue with resort guests not getting the parks they want.

In fact with the additional reservations opening up for APs it appears that there is even less demand for resort guests than they anticipated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom