News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Millionaire2K

When is your stay? I have a hard time believing they’re booking July-sept very well right now.

My Trip is July 18th. Disney will not let me get tickets for 2 guest on the reservation.

Also Disney said they are not selling 2020 tickets until they give other ticket holders a chance to book Park Reservations (They all have had almost a week now). And they said ticket sales will be based on Park Reservation available.

So if they are not even selling tickets to their booked hotel guest, that tells me low booking rates is not an issue.

If bookings were low Disney would have started selling them the tickets they need. No reason to hold back tickets if bookings were not an issue.

PS, Disney is trying to get 2020 guest to MOVE to 2021 or cancel their trips to reduce crowding. They know all hotel guest would expect to get in a park, and that would not be possible based on early limited capacity. Imagine them finally selling them tickets and then Park Reservations fill.

hyperflame

My Trip is July 18th. Disney will not let me get tickets for 2 guest on the reservation.

Also Disney said they are not selling 2020 tickets until they give other ticket holders a chance to book Park Reservations (They all have had almost a week now).

You can blame me, or people like me, for that first one. I have a trip booked in November, have resort reservations and park tickets, but still have to finish booking park reservations. Sorry!

Millionaire2K

You can blame me, or people like me, for that first one. I have a trip booked in November, have resort reservations and park tickets, but still have to finish booking park reservations. Sorry!

It's not like anything is your fault. Disney is just giving you 1st chance. It's not like Disney will be waiting for everyone to do it, they are just giving them ample time. If you fail to make Park Reservations for your trip that's on you.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Availability for resort guests as of around 1pm today.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 1.01.00 PM.png

Last edited:

Darth Snips

I recently heard a suggestion that excess availability being transferred to AP’s would happen very close to when it would be used. I’ve heard everything up to 7AM day of suggested. To any AP’s wanting to go sooner than your current reservations would allow, I’d suggest having an “expendable” reservation.
Have you heard if they’re already doing this for Resort guests? Because there are a lot more available days on that calendar now. Not sure if that’s due to new slots being added or just cancellations though.

BLJ66

Have you heard if they’re already doing this for Resort guests? Because there are a lot more available days on that calendar now. Not sure if that’s due to new slots being added or just cancellations though.

Park reservation availability for Resort guest is primarily due to the fact that existing resort guests without tickets cannot purchase park tickets yet and people without hotel reservations but have tickets or passes cannot reserve a room yet. Once Disney decides to open up 2020 ticket sales that availability will disappear.

Magic Feather

Park reservation availability for Resort guest is primarily due to the fact that existing resort guests without tickets cannot purchase park tickets yet and people without hotel reservations but have tickets or passes cannot reserve a room yet. Once Disney decides to open up 2020 ticket sales that availability will disappear.
I think the point of the post was that, before, there were select days with fully booked out parks (mainly DHS), but now there is more availability. This shows the way that the new system is dynamic with available capacity.

Mark P.

Apologies if this has been addressed earlier but I couldn't find anything immediately (probably searching for the wrong thing):

We (both out-of-state APs) got three park passes and were going to be staying off property. On a whim, we also just booked (and successfully linked to MDE) an additional four night stay at the Dolphin. My interpretation is that we should be able to book an *additional* four passes concurrent with our on-property hotel reservation but I'm getting blocked after booking two additional (five total). Are the AP and hotel resort "limits" not stackable?

Mark P.

They are not. You’ll need to cancel the others in order to make park reservations for your Dolphin stay.
Got it. Thanks. We booked the Dolphin primarily so that we could get a couple of additional passes, so I'll adjust the off-property reservation and drop those passes so we can maximize the value of the on-property stay.

heapster411

This question might have been asked already, but here goes; You get one park pass per day, Do you get to leave and come back during that day, or once you leave, no re-entry?

cgersic

Does anyone think they will be opening up additional day of reservations or should I not bother waking up early on July 11
I just read on another site that they are opening them up tomorrow! No clarification if it's for current resort reservations or everyone yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom