News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Magic Feather

Except for this week and next week there are no parks blocked for resort guests. It doesn't really seem like there is an issue with resort guests not getting the parks they want.

In fact with the additional reservations opening up for APs it appears that there is even less demand for resort guests than they anticipated.
There is a belief that until school resumes, DHS may see it’s availability sell out ~1-2 weeks in advance.

disneygeek90

For anyone that has already used one or more days of the 3 day pass holder limit, how soon are you able to re-book a day after using one?

Does it work like a fastpass in which I'm able to re-book instantly after tapping into the turnstiles? Do I have to wait until the park is closed? 7am the next day?

joup7

For anyone that has already used one or more days of the 3 day pass holder limit, how soon are you able to re-book a day after using one?

Does it work like a fastpass in which I'm able to re-book instantly after tapping into the turnstiles? Do I have to wait until the park is closed? 7am the next day?

I’m wondering the same thing. I’m waiting until tomorrow morning to book my new one though since there will be more availability added

DCBaker

Premium Member
Updated availability happening for AP park passes - the calendar does show some additional availability for DHS too.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 7.23.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 7.23.44 AM.png

joup7

That is how the allocation works.

I’m surprised to see the extra availability for Hollywood studios after reports of crowding yesterday.

It wasn’t just July and August. The September calandra looks all green except 9/5 again. (And after I typed that, I checked and 9/5 is green again)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m surprised to see the extra availability for Hollywood studios after reports of crowding yesterday.

It wasn’t just July and August. The September calandra looks all green except 9/5 again. (And after I typed that, I checked and 9/5 is green again)
Studios has the lowest cap that won’t be breached. What happens inside the gate sounds like it could be policed better. But if xxxx amount of guests arrive at Slinky at the same time there are bound to be issues.

jinx8402

Perhaps AP who had HS passes for upcoming trips cancelled, due to what they saw yesterday? Only thing I can really think of, since HS was "sold out" for all 3 buckets. Since they were not increasing total capacity, and there were no spots available from other buckets (plus Disney stating it was only for AK, MK, and EPCOT).

disneygeek90

Dropped my Sunday MK in favor of Saturday MK. Still wondering at what time it will reset that day and allow me another. I would love to pick up an AK or Epcot for Sunday.

disneygeek90

It looks like the same AP days in September for me.
Capture.PNG

999th Happy Haunt

I’m sure this question has been answered before, but if I’m an AP now and get a hotel reservation, do I fall under Annual Passholders or the Disney Resort Guests in terms of park availability?

Darth Snips

I just returned from a morning in AK, and the system isn't letting me book a new park pass yet. However, the pass is not showing up in My Plans anymore. I assume the system is working through its process. I'll keep checking throughout the day, and I'll share an update when I'm able to move forward.

jinx8402

I just returned from a morning in AK, and the system isn't letting me book a new park pass yet. However, the pass is not showing up in My Plans anymore. I assume the system is working through its process. I'll keep checking throughout the day, and I'll share an update when I'm able to move forward.

My guess is, to prevent park hopping, you can't make a new selection until the next day. Since, if you were able to make a new reservation once you tapped in/don't see it in your plans anymore, you could technically select a different park for that same day.

Perhaps that should be allowed, but as of now, they have said no park hopping, so that would eliminate a sort of loop hole.

Joel

Has anyone checked to see if their park reservation is still cancellable immediately after entering the park? Obviously, you shouldn't actually do it for a number of reasons, but I'm just curious how fast the system recognizes that you tapped in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom