News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Mainahman

I don't understand why they're doing this into 2021 at all... I get doing it now, even for the next 3-6 months... But what if we have a vaccine by January? Or at least theraputic treatments that make the disease not so life threatening to people, and the rest of the world gets back to some semblance of normalcy? Would they continue this reservation system into 2021, or just end it early and say "parks open, park hoppers back, etc."?
because they can and we will still pay for it?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Updating as it is 3 days -

It will be 3 days for passholders

"According to information that we are receiving, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will only be able to hold 2 Disney Park Pass reservations at a time without a resort reservation."

"If you are an Annual Passholder and have a resort reservation, you will be able to reserve up to 14 days at a time. If you are an Annual Passholder with a resort reservation, you will be able to make Disney Park Pass reservations beginning June 22nd."

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

That’s the same date they extended the multi-day park tickets to. My tickets now say they are valid until September 26, 2021. No clue why they picked that date except it’s the last Sunday in Sept in 2021. Maybe the unofficial end to the summer season for WDW.

Back from when they were canceling dining plans, that date was noted as the latest date travel agents (may just be UK agents) were able to book packages before everything was frozen. So, aside from it being pre 50th, that may be why that date keeps coming up and is also tied to your tickets.

mpostak

I have a 3 and 5 year old - we’ll be there. I do feel like a fish out of water here... looking forward to the years between the kids losing interest then going back with grandkids waaaay down the line. Will be traveling the world in between.
We are presently going at the end of July with a 7 and 2 year old. We are taking necessary precautions with mask training and such and feel comfortable about being there during our time frame. That said I truly respect and understand the opinions of others who feel otherwise.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Back from when they were canceling dining plans, that date was noted as the latest date travel agents (may just be UK agents) were able to book packages before everything was frozen. So, aside from it being pre 50th, that may be why that date keeps coming up and is also tied to your tickets.
Makes sense. Park reservations are linked to tickets and tickets don’t extend beyond then. It may be that by Sept 2020 they will extend further or see if they even need a reservation system anymore.

Last edited:

Mattyp353

We are presently going at the end of July with a 7 and 2 year old. We are taking necessary precautions with mask training and such and feel comfortable about being there during our time frame. That said I truly respect and understand the opinions of others who feel otherwise.

Has your two year old been wearing a mask at all? Ours just turned three and we have no idea how it's going to go!

mpostak

On and off. Started with her wearing in the house. we have a mask time and all have masks on. Now are moving to going for walks and wearing it out for periods of time. We have a little over a month so will extend as we get closer. We have a zoo trip planned next next friday and will give it a trial run to wear at zoo.

Mattyp353

Good luck! This weekend we're going to really have to start doing the same instead of just talking about it. We're flying next weekend a lot further than Orlando and we need to get at-least off the ground with it on.

disneygeek90

"According to information that we are receiving, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will only be able to hold 2 Disney Park Pass reservations at a time without a resort reservation."

"If you are an Annual Passholder and have a resort reservation, you will be able to reserve up to 14 days at a time. If you are an Annual Passholder with a resort reservation, you will be able to make Disney Park Pass reservations beginning June 22nd."

Yikes. What happens if it's July 17 and everything is booked several months in advance? Surely hope that isn't the case...

erstwo

LeSigh. :cry: 2020 was to be my first ever birthday/ Christmas trip. I was hoping for a MVMCP on my actual date of birth (week of 20 December) and a few days in the parks. Since we were staying offsite and then heading to the coast to spend Christmas day with my in laws I suppose all of our Orlando plans might be canceled now. If I procrastinate on purchasing tickets and reserving park days, I'm thinking they'll be booked up soon?

Now, we just cross our fingers that my in law's retirement community is open for visitors I guess. We are hoping for any day now, but with the numbers increasing in Florida maybe we better set our sights on Christmas! Focusing on the bigger picture I guess - and counting our blessings!

hokielutz

That is BS!!!

disneygeek90

14 days available to reserve with a resort, 2 if not resort? You don't think that's a little skewed? Meanwhile people with a resort will be gobbling up all reservations months in advance? It could turn into FoP FP+ all over again.

If park reservations fill as quickly as they are making it sound, it could be weeks or months between getting a day. That's... not great for someone that paid for access to a Disney park for 330-365 days a year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom