News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Mattyp353

We're coming from Philadelphia, had this trip booked since last November (was originally May, moved it to August when the free dining incentive was offered). We don't have APs as we wouldn't be going to WDW frequently (every few years, much less once a month or once a week!)

We've been riding this out for a while now, worried that the trip we've had planned for a while will happen at all since we saved up for it and still want to go since it's a special once in a while trip we take when we can. We're not able to go often because money, time and distance prevents it.

I'm sure there are other people who are booked in July through to the end of the year or just until school starts back up, and this may be the only time they will get to go, ever. They're going to make the most of this, and happy that they'll be able to at least get some Disney experience.

Now, tell me again why an AP'er should get some form of priority?
Same and he's forgetting people spend $10k, $15k, $20k+ in just one trip cause we're not doing this cobbled together over the course of a year.

todd23

That’s the same date they extended the multi-day park tickets to. My tickets now say they are valid until September 26, 2021. No clue why they picked that date except it’s the last Sunday in Sept in 2021. Maybe the unofficial end to the summer season for WDW.
Maybe the end of their fiscal year? It was an "easy" stopping point for now?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 3.39.17 PM.png

Last edited:

hokielutz

We're coming from Philadelphia, had this trip booked since last November (was originally May, moved it to August when the free dining incentive was offered). We don't have APs as we wouldn't be going to WDW frequently (every few years, much less once a month or once a week!)

We've been riding this out for a while now, worried that the trip we've had planned for a while will happen at all since we saved up for it and still want to go since it's a special once in a while trip we take when we can. We're not able to go often because money, time and distance prevents it.

I'm sure there are other people who are booked in July through to the end of the year or just until school starts back up, and this may be the only time they will get to go, ever. They're going to make the most of this, and happy that they'll be able to at least get some Disney experience.

Now, tell me again why an AP'er should get some form of priority?

I am not talking about priority over someone else's reservations... Prior resort reservations booked during and after the pandemic... sure I understand absolutely... But you pay up front for an AP and with it comes park hopping, a full year of no blocked out dates. To now say that a non-resort AP guest is limited to ONLY 2 days of booking (if available) in advance, makes the value of the ticket worth less than a printed copy of the Orlando Sentinel.

Mattyp353

Just got an email from Disney about Park Pass system. Telling me I can start making reservations Monday - and my trip is Sept 8-15. So there is no window for park reservations.

Guess I am getting up early Monday.
I did too about twenty minutes ago. Any idea if we need to modify the tickets (ie taking off the park hopper option) before making reservations? I am just going by the same email right now.

MiddKid

This smells like a money grab by forcing those who want to have a full vacation at WDW to get an expensive and likely non-discounted resort reservation ... or else you only get a couple of days coming from your home locally or from an offsite hotel. It feels like they are kicking sand in the faces of the AP'ers.

Or, they are facing unprecedented circumstances where they need to figure out how to reduce park capacity by 70% and had to make decisions that won’t please everyone. Changing your operating model on a dime after almost five decades of operation is going to require tough decisions. Taking an infrastructure that was built with fixed costs to serve 100% (some would argue 120%) and figuring out how to be profitable at 30% requires tough decisions. Decisions that they will evaluate and modify as needed.

Granted, I’m more of the mind that given what’s going on in the world if a free trip to WDW was offered to me tomorrow I’d decline it. Just don’t see the rush to head back...

Mattyp353

For clarity: The "Select a Time" option *ONLY* confirms that particular park's operating hours for that day. There are no assigned entrance times, this is simply how they get you to acknowledge that you agree to that park's hours on that specific day.
Do I need to call and have park hopper removed before making reservations Monday morning?

BlackCauldron

Just got an email from Disney about Park Pass system. Telling me I can start making reservations Monday - and my trip is Sept 8-15. So there is no window for park reservations.

Guess I am getting up early Monday.

Just got my email as well, saying the same thing, and my dates are for Sept 8 - 16. Staying DVC and have my tickets already linked. So it does indeed look like the flood gates have been opened. I suppose it's possible that they are only letting current DVC resort bookings through. Either way I expect the system to crash 5 minutes after opening on Monday.

PolynesianPrincess

You have to select an available time when booking a reservation.
I am hearing that they may have entrance times. They cant have everyone showing up for rope drop and standing waiting to get in. So maybe if the park opens there are time slots for entry 8 am, 9 am, 10 am, 11 am, and noon. Just a thought

No, I don't think this is right. There's no way they prevent people from arriving earlier than their posted time and waiting, thus creating a huge crowd. If it IS true, and I can't get an early arrival time at the park and I'm forced to arrive to MK at noon with a 7pm closing, I'm gonna be some ticked off.

Mattyp353

Just got my email as well, saying the same thing, and my dates are for Sept 8 - 16. Staying DVC and have my tickets already linked. So it does indeed look like the flood gates have been opened. I suppose it's possible that they are only letting current DVC resort bookings through. Either way I expect the system to crash 5 minutes after opening on Monday.
I have a regular resort reservation end of August going into September

PREMiERdrum

Do I need to call and have park hopper removed before making reservations Monday morning?

You can make reservations with the tickets as they are. There are supposed to be modification options available after Monday but I don't believe they were specifically outlined. In any event, you have up until the date of first use for valid tickets to modify them.

When is your trip? They said on the training that "Park Hopper availability will be reintroduced later this year," so you're better off not changing anything yet.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I am not talking about priority over someone else's reservations... Prior resort reservations booked during and after the pandemic... sure I understand absolutely... But you pay up front for an AP and with it comes park hopping, a full year of no blocked out dates. To now say that a non-resort AP guest is limited to ONLY 2 days of booking (if available) in advance, makes the value of the ticket worth less than a printed copy of the Orlando Sentinel.
The only “fair” thing to do IMHO would have been to continue to extend APa until all restrictions are lifted. There was a rumor that they were going to do just that and then just offer AP holders an opportunity to buy single day tickets at a discount. The AP as it’s designed (every day admission plus park hopping) cannot work during this time so they had 2 other choices, not allow park admission at all using the AP (but extend the time) or this hybrid approach which allows at least some visiting. This approach saves Disney some money. I do think they should have given people the option to defer their APs. That would have made it “fair”. Then if you still want to go and use it without a hotel stay you could but you would be accepting the 3 day limits. Instead they are forcing you to accept limits that you didn’t agree to when you bought the pass.

Mattyp353

You can make reservations with the tickets as they are. There are supposed to be modification options available after Monday but I don't believe they were specifically outlined. In any event, you have up until the date of first use for valid tickets to modify them.

When is your trip? They said on the training that "Park Hopper availability will be reintroduced later this year," so you're better off not changing anything yet.
8/29-9/9... thanks so much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom