News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Lirael

Interesting that they mention resort only reservations for 2021 but not the people with resort only reservations this year and no tickets. I expected an announcement for reopening tickets purchase for those that had a resort reservation prior to the closures.

Mikey73181

I’m just hoping I will be able to add 2 days into my existing trip. I was supposed to go to WDW from July 21-26, then on the 26th we were gonna fly to California and do DL for the first time. I ended up cancelling the DL portion of the trip when it seemed no updates were coming out, so now I want to add two days to WDW so we have a few more days before going home.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Even with capacity limits if a park like DHS hits the cap there’s sure to be 30+ min waits for RoTR and other popular rides. MK may be better due to higher number of rides.

I dont know about MK as the face character venues will be shut down. Its going to be a big mystery about exactly how many children will be in the park with the mask restrictions and no dancing balls of fur or princesses.

Mainahman

Us too! When all this stress goes away with having to slot our park reservations and making sure we get them, the absence of a lot of other mandatory reservations you had to get (FP+ being the worst offender), this will be more relaxing a trip without having to be somewhere at a certain time!
THIS! its our niece and nephews first time and they want to ride ride ride. This will make it so much more relaxing.

Mainahman

I dont know about MK as the face character venues will be shut down. Its going to be a big mystery about exactly how many children will be in the park with the mask restrictions and no dancing balls of fur or princesses.
Day made! I will forever call them dancing balls of fur.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
On June 24, guests with room reservations and no valid tickets get the ability to add tickets to their package and make reservations. Then 2 days after that is when AP holders with no resort reservations get access.
Actually, that's not what they said. They stated that they won't be opening ticket sales to those people that have resort reservations and no tickets until later this summer. We have no idea what will happen to those people that have July or August resort reservations, but no tickets. They might simply be out of luck, or maybe they make exceptions if people call customer service. Ours is in September, and it looks like a resort only stay for us, but we're fine with that, as we've done resort only stays in the past.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Because of the closure our AP’s were extended to end of August. We have a DVC stay booked for 12/2-12/8. Will we need to renew our AP‘s before making a reservation? Are they even allowing renewals or just new purchases?
You can purchase new or renew your APs right now. They have never stopped that part. It was only regular park tickets that have been stopped. And I would say, yes, if you don't have an active AP 60 days prior to the December stay, you might be out of luck. So I would renew in August, just to be sure you have valid APs on your MDE account.

DisneyOutsider

Actually, that's not what they said. They stated that they won't be opening ticket sales to those people that have resort reservations and no tickets until later this summer. We have no idea what will happen to those people that have July or August resort reservations, but no tickets. They might simply be out of luck, or maybe they make exceptions if people call customer service. Ours is in September, and it looks like a resort only stay for us, but we're fine with that, as we've done resort only stays in the past.

I should have clarified that what I posted does apply to resort-only guests with 2021 reservations. What you said is also, true... with the caveat of 2021 reservations. Straight from https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...k-reservations/?CMP=ILC-DPFY20Q3wo0618200010A

"If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations."

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I should have clarified that what I posted does apply to resort-only guests with 2021 reservations. What you said is also, true... with the caveat of 2021 reservations. Straight from https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...k-reservations/?CMP=ILC-DPFY20Q3wo0618200010A

"If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations."
Yup, good for those that have 2021 reservations. We just don't know when 2020 tickets will open up.

solidyne

People are saying that during the first couple weeks the parks will be full of vloggers, but won't those first weeks of reservations be gobbled up by the first- and second-priority folks, like those with resort reservations? Surely the vloggers are mostly local with no hotel reservations in hand, right?

So what is the window for park reservations? There is no mention of a window at all. It sounds like if I bought a vacation package for next summer that included tickets (365+ days out) on June 28th, they would let me reserve parks also. I can see the park reservations getting booked up quickly when this reservation system opens, and this becoming a sh*t show real fast...

There is also no mention of annual passholders that might book rooms for next year. Say my pass expires next spring, but I want to book a room for a trip next summer. My pass isn't valid next summer yet, as I won't renew it until next spring. Will they let me reserve a park in that case?

Still way too many unanswered questions, and potential issues. I predict a lot of complaining will ensue...

DisneyOutsider

People are saying that during the first couple weeks the parks will be full of vloggers, but won't those first weeks of reservations be gobbled up by the first- and second-priority folks, like those with resort reservations? Surely the vloggers are mostly local with no hotel reservations in hand.

People here often over-state the ability of vloggers to make an appreciable impact on park attendance.

And you're correct, according to these rules they will be among the last in line unless they're able to snag a DVC reservation (technically possible through DVC Rental services).

It's also still possible that they do a media and/or AP preview leading up to the 11th, so they'd obviously have a good shot at that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I said the same thing a while back. If my kids were young, WDW is the last place I’d consider going this summer. However, an overwhelming number of people here disagreed with that when I said it. I would not be surprised to see quite a few small children and strollers. This site may be biased with a lot of Disney park fanboy types so maybe not a good sample of the general population.

Mainahman

I said the same thing a while back. If my kids were young, WDW is the last place I’d consider going this summer. However, an overwhelming number of people here disagreed with that when I said it. I would not be surprised to see quite a few small children and strollers. This site may be biased with a lot of Disney park fanboy types so maybe not a good sample of the general population.
I agree with you. If the family, or children make meet and greets and parades a part of their normal trip, then id see them not go, but i still think a lot will.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So what is the window for park reservations? There is no mention of a window at all. It sounds like if I bought a vacation package for next summer that included tickets (365+ days out) on June 28th, they would let me reserve parks also. I can see the park reservations getting booked up quickly when this reservation system opens, and this becoming a sh*t show real fast...

There is also no mention of annual passholders that might book rooms for next year. Say my pass expires next spring, but I want to book a room for a trip next summer. My pass isn't valid next summer yet, as I won't renew it until next spring. Will they let me reserve a park in that case?

Still way too many unanswered questions, and potential issues. I predict a lot of complaining will ensue...
Since Disney has stated that the dining reservations would be 60 days, and you'd have to have a valid park reservation for that day, I would guess 60 days. We will definitely find out on Monday how far out people can reserve park days, but I just don't see it being anywhere near 180 days, as Disney may decide in 2 or 3 months that they don't even need the reservation system anymore. The dates for APs that have July 2021 on them are simply a placeholder date, and are in no way indicative of what will be the real end date.

jlag1006

I had been hoping that it would not be an issue, but I am now fairly worried about our December trip from 12/22 - 12/30. Being prime Christmastime, I'm guessing the demand will still be there. Right now, we have 3 4-day tickets that have been extended through 9/2021. Long story (more below), but there are 4 of us going this time. We got the final details of where we were staying for this trip finalized the day before reopening plans were announced & ticket sales were stopped.

Our original plan was to stay onsite DVC 12/22 - 12/25 and then offsite through the 30th. We had plans to visit in March & June. March was a trip with the school band, so DD's ticket was through the school - it has since been refunded. So I have remaining the 3 tickets I bought for the rest of us. We had planned to upgrade those tickets to APs when we arrived. Scheduled June trip for mom & kids when we cancelled March. Transferred Dad's ticket to DD since he wasn't going this time. Still planned to upgrade those 3 to APs. Then used our DVC points from June to stay onsite 12/25 - 12/30 when we cancelled that trip.

It's so confusing, but bottom line is that we have only 3 4-day tickets for 4 of us on a 8 day trip. And right now, without any indication of a timeframe for how far out you can reserve, I'm really worried that reservations will be gone before we'll be allowed to purchase tickets.

Keeping my fingers crossed that all of this will somehow work out, but oh my what a mess all these cancellations/reschedules have created for us.

kbmum

I'm really confused. I have a trip booked for January 2021. Hubby and I have platinum passes, but our college-age kids do not have tickets. So, will I be able to buy just their tickets on June 24? Can I buy tickets through a reseller like AAA or Undercover Tourist and add them to MDE? Do I buy regular tickets or park hoppers, since we don't know if park hopping will be allowed then?

I'm assuming that without park tickets, I can't make park reservations, even though all four of us are on the DVC room reservation.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom