News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Mattyp353

I said the same thing a while back. If my kids were young, WDW is the last place I’d consider going this summer. However, an overwhelming number of people here disagreed with that when I said it. I would not be surprised to see quite a few small children and strollers. This site may be biased with a lot of Disney park fanboy types so maybe not a good sample of the general population.

I have a 3 and 5 year old - we’ll be there. I do feel like a fish out of water here... looking forward to the years between the kids losing interest then going back with grandkids waaaay down the line. Will be traveling the world in between.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
It might not be as we’d assume it’ll be. I know what was planned, and what is currently proposed. But I dare say it is yet another developing future idea.
Is there any chance the 2013-2020 system gets turned back on? Or can I reformat that part of the brain-drive?

sbunit

I'm sorry if this has been clarified elsewhere but I am confused. I have a room only "basic package" for May 2021. i wasn't able to book an entire package with park tickets since the rates weren't available for time of booking. I was planning to call later and add the tickets onto the package once rates became available as per the CM instructions over the phone. Am i still eligible to book my park reservations on Monday? for my May 2021 trip?

mikejs78

Premium Member
I don't understand why they're doing this into 2021 at all... I get doing it now, even for the next 3-6 months... But what if we have a vaccine by January? Or at least theraputic treatments that make the disease not so life threatening to people, and the rest of the world gets back to some semblance of normalcy? Would they continue this reservation system into 2021, or just end it early and say "parks open, park hoppers back, etc."?

Rider

I don't understand why they're doing this into 2021 at all... I get doing it now, even for the next 3-6 months... But what if we have a vaccine by January? Or at least theraputic treatments that make the disease not so life threatening to people, and the rest of the world gets back to some semblance of normalcy? Would they continue this reservation system into 2021, or just end it early and say "parks open, park hoppers back, etc."?
One way is easier to go than the other.

disneygeek90

Hoping for the best but bracing for the worst. Obviously if things are better in 6 months they could pull the plug on all of this, but they can't allow normal tickets to be sold in March 2021 with no restrictions and give people the "promise" that things will be back to the way the way they were.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Hoping for the best but bracing for the worst. Obviously if things are better in 6 months they could pull the plug on all of this, but they can't allow normal tickets to be sold in March 2021 with no restrictions and give people the "promise" that things will be back to the way the way they were.
That's a good point. I just know I don't want to go under these circumstances... I have an April 2021 room-only right now, I'll keep it and cancel if it looks like this is still in place...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
"Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021"

AKA, ending right before the media preview week for the 50th Anniversary.
That’s the same date they extended the multi-day park tickets to. My tickets now say they are valid until September 26, 2021. No clue why they picked that date except it’s the last Sunday in Sept in 2021. Maybe the unofficial end to the summer season for WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom