News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I'm guessing Disney will not let it be known how many people will be allowed in the parks with this system. I assume it will grow by the week. Still nothing being said about virtual queues either. Anyone have an opinion on how crowded the parks will be week one? Or more importantly how bad the lines will be? Week one guest like my family have nothing to go on so it's a gamble.
20000 Disney Park Bloggers x 4 parks - I think it's going to be busy the first week with people milling about with GoPros, but then leaving once they've got their footage.

DisneyOutsider

I'm guessing Disney will not let it be known how many people will be allowed in the parks with this system. I assume it will grow by the week. Still nothing being said about virtual queues either. Anyone have an opinion on how crowded the parks will be week one? Or more importantly how bad the lines will be? Week one guest like my family have nothing to go on so it's a gamble.

Based on everything we've heard here in this community, it's a good bet that the park will NOT be crowded at all, especially week one. The same can't be said for lines.. wait times could possibly be longer than you'd expect due to physical distancing measures as well as reduced staffing. No Fastpass will help out with wait times, though.

DisneyOutsider

Based on everything we've heard here in this community, it's a good bet that the park will NOT be crowded at all, especially week one. The same can't be said for lines.. wait times could possibly be longer than you'd expect due to physical distancing measures as well as reduced staffing. No Fastpass will help out with wait times, though.

Of course... that doesn't mean that there will be wide availability of reservations.. it means the opposite

Mainahman

THIS! for the win! Unbelievable that they are not letting anyone with a checkout date after July 11th to modify yet while announcing this today.
Were due to stay at all star music in a suite, its been said through grapevines, those arent opening, so tell me where im gunna sleep, so i know what to buy, ( will i still have a microwave fridge for water etc) and where to point my GPS to...

disneygeek90

Universal hasn't really had this issue, even with Express still functioning. I would think that if parks are capped at a low capacity lines won't really be too long.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It will be interesting to see. Low capacity and no fast pass is a positive for lines but on the flip side no meet and greets, parades, shows and limited capacity at stores and restaurants could also mean more people focusing on rides only. We also don’t know if there will be any delays in loading due to less people per ride vehicle for some rides. It’s a lot of moving parts.

Gravydeen

So has there been any speculation about a virtual queue option? I know there was alot of talk at one time about them but the closer we get to opening i'm starting to wonder.

Brooklin Disney Dad

So is this how it will be moving forward with Resort/Ticket holders getting to go first, then AP's a few days later, and ticket holders a few days after that? Or is that just to get this process started?
I am wondering the same thing. We typically stay off site with a family of 5 and purchase tickets months in advance. I guess the Disney experience is to become a semi private experience. Resort guests/owners get priority over APH. Regular folk get scraps. It is what it is. They need to fill rooms and get money flowing again and get jobs active again. We will likely have to sit out until Covid is tamed. Still wouldn’t go with all of the Florida outbreaks happening now.

M:SpilotISTC12

If there is one thing Disney is good at, other than charging out the ying yang, is that they know how to create a mad rush. DVC reservations at 7 month window, mad rush. Fast passes at 60 days out, mad rush. 180 day dining window, mad rush. Want to ride RotR, well you didn't open your app fast enough and you lose out at 7:00:25 am. Now to enter the park when you want, mad rush. I get why they have to add it in this case but its just a pain. There is no more spontaneity. You have to book everything so far in advance. It leaves some people out and then there is always someone that gets the short end of the stick. Hopefully this doesn't stick around.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Wasn't there something said about ramping up crowds week by week or was that Universal?
Disney did ramp up capacity in Shanghai week by week. With a mid-July opening, after a month they will hit mid-August and a big drop in demand anyway. Could be that any lack of reservation availability will only be a very short term issue.

Gravydeen

Disney did ramp up capacity in Shanghai week by week. With a mid-July opening, after a month they will hit mid-August and a big drop in demand anyway. Could be that any lack of reservation availability will only be a very short term issue.
I would think that restricting initial capacity with a weekly increase would be so that Disney can make sure things are working well with fewer before they increase the numbers. Sort of a soft opening philosophy. I would think that would bode well for week one guests. I could be shockingly wrong.

j.piedrafite

Premium Member
Because of the closure our AP’s were extended to end of August. We have a DVC stay booked for 12/2-12/8. Will we need to renew our AP‘s before making a reservation? Are they even allowing renewals or just new purchases?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Im ok with a drop in demand in august ;) thats when ill be there!
In non-Covid times the end of August tends to be low demand and low crowds once southern schools go back. I can’t imagine the same won’t be true this year. Waiting a month should be the best plan to experience the lowest crowds.

RaveOnEd

Im ok with a drop in demand in august ;) thats when ill be there!
Us too! When all this stress goes away with having to slot our park reservations and making sure we get them, the absence of a lot of other mandatory reservations you had to get (FP+ being the worst offender), this will be more relaxing a trip without having to be somewhere at a certain time!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would think that restricting initial capacity with a weekly increase would be so that Disney can make sure things are working well with fewer before they increase the numbers. Sort of a soft opening philosophy. I would think that would bode well for week one guests. I could be shockingly wrong.
Week one will have all the lifestyler and people that need to be there as soon as it opens. The capacity limits will keep the crowds down, but that’s the time when individual park reservations will likely sell out. The first week could also be a learning curve time for operations. Once they work out the kinks lines and loading may get more efficient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom