News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Dranth

They're selling "no blackout date" passes, and then artificially limiting the people they've sold these passes to. There's just no way Animal Kingdom is selling out to day ticket people today. They can add whatever they want in the 500 page 6 point font print they want, but at the end of the day, you can't do what they're doing, and they're going to get burned, again.
The whole reason the California lawsuit went anywhere was because they tried to limit availability on passes that were sold before the reservation system existed. There was no language in those contracts to justify what they were doing. That isn't the case with any passes purchased since.

I think you are right, someone will try if this goes on long enough but I would be surprised if it made it very far. With luck reservations will be gone for everyone soon enough and we never need to find out.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the next set of Bonus Reservations for Annual Passholders in October.

October 20 - Disney's Animal Kingdom
October 22 - Disney's Hollywood Studios
October 24 - Magic Kingdom
October 25 - Disney's Animal Kingdom
October 26 - Disney's Hollywood Studios

twilight mitsuk

This is a preview of next year. I also believe this may be the first time every single park has been available and selling day tickets for day guests, but closed to annual passholders. They are definitely going to get sued again. There’s just no way they are at “capacity” or anywhere close to it in, for example, Animal Kingdom on a random October Monday. They’re doing this to save on last minute staffing.
And what the‘re doing in paris

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The fact that they are still continuing with this goat rope of park pass reservations and hopping restrictions through the end of the year is insane. I understand they have to unwind the tech behind it, but still - they should have at least removed the park hopping restriction immediately considering we've been paying full price for the hopper with only limited benefits.

dmw

In the Parks
No
The fact that they are still continuing with this goat rope of park pass reservations and hopping restrictions through the end of the year is insane. I understand they have to unwind the tech behind it, but still - they should have at least removed the park hopping restriction immediately considering we've been paying full price for the hopper with only limited benefits.
Breaking news: Park hopping times become unrestricted in the new year. Oh, and the price will go up a bit for this added benefit.

/sarcasm /satire /humor

ToTBellHop

Breaking news: Park hopping times become unrestricted in the new year. Oh, and the price will go up a bit for this added benefit.

/sarcasm /satire /humor
Guess who are the Magic?

Solo un verdadero fan de Disney tiene el conocimiento necesario para ...

You are!

MrPromey

This is a preview of next year. I also believe this may be the first time every single park has been available and selling day tickets for day guests, but closed to annual passholders. They are definitely going to get sued again. There’s just no way they are at “capacity” or anywhere close to it in, for example, Animal Kingdom on a random October Monday. They’re doing this to save on last minute staffing.
Funny thing is, there was a time not all that long ago prior to reservations when APs were among the last groups to be stopped at capacity levels right alongside on-site guests.

Why? Because it was an annual pass - not an at-Disney's-whim-when-they-decide-they-want-you-there-after-you've-already-bought-it ticket.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Funny thing is, there was a time not all that long ago prior to reservations when APs were among the last groups to be stopped at capacity levels.

Why? Because it was an annual pass - not an at-Disney's-whim-when-they-decide-they-want-you-there-after-you've-already-bought-your-pass ticket.
👆🏻 “thisseee right here” 👆🏻

DCBaker

Premium Member
Four more days of Bonus Reservations for Annual Passholders are now available in November.

November 5 - Disney's Hollywood Studios
November 6 - Magic Kingdom
November 7 - Disney's Animal Kingdom
November 8 - EPCOT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom