News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Walt Disney World website, reservations on December 31 at EPCOT are currently unavailable for Resort Guests. Theme Park tickets are also currently unavailable to purchase for EPCOT on that day.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 5.27.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 11.36.45 AM.png

November 20 and December 19 are also currently unavailable for new Annual Passholder park reservations at Magic Kingdom. More reservations may become available, so keep checking if you are looking to go on those days.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 5.27.42 PM.png

twilight mitsuk

According to the Walt Disney World website, reservations on December 31 at EPCOT are currently unavailable for Resort Guests. Theme Park tickets are also currently unavailable to purchase for EPCOT on that day.

View attachment 753986
View attachment 753988

November 20 and December 19 are also currently unavailable for new Annual Passholder park reservations at Magic Kingdom. More reservations may become available, so keep checking if you are looking to go on those days.

View attachment 753987
Start of blockout dates

Figments Friend

I wonder how many people still have outstanding no expiration park hoppers. Probably not many at this point, but I bet they're out there.

I had 2 or 3 days left on one from like 1999 that I didn't use until 2011.

Me.
I have several.
🙂
Saving them as collectibles though…doubt I will ever use em’, but it’s nice to know they are there if need be.

Loved those multi day non expiring 10 day tickets.
Used a few of those over the years and it saved me a truckload of cash some years ago.

-

Touchdown

Just wanted to point out an observation this week. It was my 60 day dining day for January and as custom I made my park reservations as normal (AP) and there was no changes to that page (even had the no park hopping rule till 2pm still.) Hoping we here some news soon about the changes coming in January and how this effects virtual queues.

nickys

Premium Member
Just wanted to point out an observation this week. It was my 60 day dining day for January and as custom I made my park reservations as normal (AP) and there was no changes to that page (even had the no park hopping rule till 2pm still.) Hoping we hear some news soon about the changes coming in January and how this affects virtual queues.
Those with date based tickets are told they don’t have to make park reservations.
So far there aren’t any changes affecting AP holders, which is why the page hasn’t been changed.

Agreed about the VQs though. They could just get rid of them of course. It’s fairly pointless now for Guardians at least.

Edit: forgot about park hopping. Do the changes apply to AP holders too or just date-based tickets?

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

It’s fairly pointless now for Guardians at least.
It’s fairly pointless for Tron as well. Tron isn’t that popular of a ride and the 48 inch height requirement limits it’s appeal even further. I doubt it would pull lines longer than 7dmt if they got rid of the VQ (and probably significantly less).

Tron was definitely a 1 & done ride for me and my family. I’d probably rank it amongst the worst coasters at WDW, above only barnstormer.

surfsupdon

I remember reading that date based tickets sold through the Group department will still need to make theme park reservations. For example, senior trips and cheer groups.

Was that accurate?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It’s fairly pointless for Tron as well. Tron isn’t that popular of a ride and the 48 inch height requirement limits it’s appeal even further. I doubt it would pull lines longer than 7dmt if they got rid of the VQ (and probably significantly less).

Tron was definitely a 1 & done ride for me and my family. I’d probably rank it amongst the worst coasters at WDW, above only barnstormer.

You mean you're not ecstatic about your 60 seconds of a banked curve ?

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I remember reading that date based tickets sold through the Group department will still need to make theme park reservations. For example, senior trips and cheer groups.

Was that accurate?

Paging @brifraz who might know.

Yes, group tickets still require theme park reservations.

You can do it yourself, or Disney charges around $1 per person to do it for you.

:)

(and, yes, for my group of 129 on my busses and 55 meeting us there I got Disney to do it for me)

Fido Chuckwagon

You mean you're not ecstatic about your 60 seconds of a banked curve ?
If Tron had the same waits as barnstormer, it would definitely be a slightly better attraction than barnstormer. However, as is, I’d much rather walk onto barnstormer than pay for an Ill$ or grab a VQ and wait 40 minutes to go on Tron, and it’s not particularly close.

Guardians of the Galaxy on the other hand is, in my opinion, the best coaster at WDW, slightly edging out Expedition Everest, and proof that Disney still knows how to make a good ride, they just choose not to.

surfsupdon

Yes, group tickets still require theme park reservations.

You can do it yourself, or Disney charges around $1 per person to do it for you.

:)

(and, yes, for my group of 129 on my busses and 55 meeting us there I got Disney to do it for me)
Thank you for confirming.
But what is the reasoning?? Why do groups still need park passes? Grrrr.
Our Sr Trip this year is 121 kids and 15 adults.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Lol, Disney charges you to make reservations for you huge group that is making them a ton of money using an artificial reservation system that is clearly no longer needed? Wow. Just Wow.

Considering that the group tickets for my group are $331 per person for 4 day, no Park Hopper as opposed to $556 regular price for the same dates, I'm okay with it.

Thank you for confirming.
But what is the reasoning?? Why do groups still need park passes? Grrrr.
Our Sr Trip this year is 121 kids and 15 adults.

I don't think the reasoning is based on any single group that is there. But...considering that at the time that my group is there, I know of 4 other school music groups going just from Maryland. Between us, it's about 700 people. Looking at the performance reservation calendar, I'd say they have roughly 30 high school music groups there over MLK weekend. The potential swing of 5000 or more people from those groups could have a significant impact. Not just on park attendance an attractions, but on bus parking, food service, etc.

Because they staff based on attendance.

I have also been led to believe that when multiple large school groups are in a park, they adjust the number of security in that park. Not sure if that is accurate, but the information comes from a tour company that specializes in HS group trips to WDW, so I'm inclined to believe it.

Fido Chuckwagon

I have also been led to believe that when multiple large school groups are in a park, they adjust the number of security in that park. Not sure if that is accurate, but the information comes from a tour company that specializes in HS group trips to WDW, so I'm inclined to believe it.
I believe it, poorly supervised adolescents away from home for the first time by themselves sometimes do stupid/dangerous things.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom