News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Disstevefan1

They should drop all this park pass reservations for everyone and let their ever increasing price increases for everything be their mechanism to lower crowds.

Fido Chuckwagon

Sorry, but limited inventory for all access type memberships is not a novel concept. Besides, they don't do this. There's a reason that APs are prioritized above resort guests and day ticket guests in the reservations system.
You’re right! They do currently prioritize AP’s in the reservation system. That reason they are doing that is, they got sued for not doing this in California. In California, they were prioritizing day guests over AP’s, as all of the weekend dates were booked, but they were still selling day tickets for those dates. They got sued, and they reversed themselves.

A company can’t sell a limited inventory all-access membership and then artificially (and arbitrarily) limit that inventory to allow them to sell more of the same inventory at a higher rate to other people. That’s deceptive advertising at best, and fraudulent at worst. Again, the best evidence that I’m right and you’re wrong is that they’ve already lost on this issue once.

Disney Glimpses

You’re right! They do currently prioritize AP’s in the reservation system. That reason they are doing that is, they got sued for not doing this in California. In California, they were prioritizing day guests over AP’s, as all of the weekend dates were booked, but they were still selling AP’s, they got sued, and they reversed themselves.

A company can’t sell a limited inventory all access membership and then artificially (and arbitrarily) limit that inventory to allow them to sell more inventory at a higher rate. Again, the best evidence that I’m right and you’re wrong is that they’ve already lost on this issue once.
Fair enough. But the Magic Key lawsuit is really very different than what you are describing at WDW.

Regardless, >90% of days will be "good to go" for APs and the days where reservations will be sold out, they will no longer be selling tickets for. Where it gets tricky is they may chose to sell tickets to resort guests.

celluloid

Fair enough. But the Magic Key lawsuit is really very different than what you are describing at WDW.

Regardless, >90% of days will be "good to go" for APs and the days where reservations will be sold out, they will no longer be selling tickets for. Where it gets tricky is they may chose to sell tickets to resort guests.

In the law yes, but morally, same concept.

There have been plenty of times where you can't make a reservation as an AP but day tickets are still sold.

It may not be ilegal, but it diminishes the value of the AP to many.

Disney Glimpses

In the law yes, but morally, same concept.

There have been plenty of times where you can't make a reservation as an AP but day tickets are still sold.

It may not be ilegal, but it diminishes the value of the AP to many.
Oh, I completely agree it's an abhorrent practice. Especially for Disney. This is a product that was built on the backs of this community. It's really disgusting to see actually.

Fido Chuckwagon

I’m looking at the longer term here as well. Right now the parks are empty, and you’re right, maybe this only ever comes into play on Christmas weekend and New Years Weekend, and Thanksgiving, so it’s not enough of an issue for someone to really make a stink. But what about when attendance starts picking up again? I mean, it will eventually. What happens when AP’s are suddenly getting frequently blocked out of popular weekends at Magic Kingdom? That’s going to be a problem.

celluloid

I’m looking at the longer term here as well. Right now the parks are empty, and you’re right, maybe this only ever comes into play on Christmas weekend and New Years Weekend, and Thanksgiving, so it’s not enough of an issue for someone to really make a stink. But what about when attendance starts picking up again? I mean, it will eventually. What happens when AP’s are suddenly getting frequently blocked out of popular weekends at Magic Kingdom? That’s going to be a problem.

And as long as you know that APs have to make reservations for days that their pass is not blocked out on. You know that they are ready to do that.

Disney Glimpses

Yeah, agree, but unfortunately that's what I think will happen.

I believe every AP will need to make reservations for MK and DHS on Saturdays and Sundays. And for Incredipass APs, I believe they will need to make reservations for MK and DHS on all dates that the other APs are blocked out. No more reservations for EPCOT or DAK. All a guess though.

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Annual Passholder Park Reservation calendar, EPCOT is currently no longer available for new reservations on September 24, 25, 29 and October 1 (these dates are during the Journey of Water preview).

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 1.17.41 PM.png

Last edited:

jaklgreen

According to the Annual Passholder Park Reservation calendar, EPCOT is currently no longer available for new reservations on September 24, 25, 29 and October 1 (these dates are during the Journey of Water preview).

View attachment 743843
Wow, I will actually be there during that time for my annual trip. Glad I got my Epcot reservations in months ago. But since I am staying on property, I guess I could have used that availability. I wonder if anyone is going to book a room for the night. Honestly, it will be open in a few weeks anyway. I don't see the big deal.

SingleRider

Premium Member
Wow, I will actually be there during that time for my annual trip. Glad I got my Epcot reservations in months ago. But since I am staying on property, I guess I could have used that availability. I wonder if anyone is going to book a room for the night. Honestly, it will be open in a few weeks anyway. I don't see the big deal.
I don’t think they separate on property. The only 2 buckets as far as I know are tickets and APs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom