News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

RSoxNo1

Eliminating park reservations and moving Genie+ to advanced bookings is not a positive thing. That's essentially park reservations are required if you want to use Genie+ and you now have the scramble in advance of your trip that I hated about Fastpass+.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Eliminating park reservations and moving Genie+ to advanced bookings is not a positive thing. That's essentially park reservations are required if you want to use Genie+ and you now have the scramble in advance of your trip that I hated about Fastpass+.
Not having to wake up at (6:45am) 7am every morning of one's trip to pick an ILL is a positive thing for me.
If they're allowing people to make ILL in advance, wouldn't that mean people will also be able to purchase Genie+ in advance again?
Realize things are still going to be purchase over FP being free, but it beats waking up early every morning on a vacation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Huh? It was by far the best option in my experiences and opinions on both coasts
Legacy was…but they outgrew it Because attendance rose and Iger didn’t increase capacity. Pretty simple math
I don't know when you started visiting the parks, but if you didn't secure a paper FastPass for Toy Story Mania before 9:30 AM, you weren't riding.
The one “new” Ride in 4 parks at that time?
Check your timeline
Was still the same system in Disneyland in California and it worked great. (In 2019).
That’s maxpass. Not legacy fastpass

Maxpass was the best and similar to genie but on a limited amount of usage

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just my opinion, I think large companies like TWDC knows 6 months in advance what the economy will look like and they are removing obstacles for folks that will have disposable income in 2024.
They only offer promotions or make things easier when their 6 months forcecasts say there IS no disposable cash.

This is all kinda academic.

Dining plan and prebooked fastpasses have yielded the same results in recent years: free profits for them

Ayla

Not having to wake up at (6:45am) 7am every morning of one's trip to pick an ILL is a positive thing for me.
If they're allowing people to make ILL in advance, wouldn't that mean people will also be able to purchase Genie+ in advance again?
Realize things are still going to be purchase over FP being free, but it beats waking up early every morning on a vacation.
Buying and reserving Genie+ in advance is taking the place of having to make a park reservation. So, you still have a park reservation, they're just calling it a Genie+ reservation.

It's nothing more than semantics.

Disstevefan1

They only offer promotions or make things easier when their 6 months forcecasts say there IS no disposable cash.

This is all kinda academic.

Dining plan and prebooked fastpasses have yielded the same results in recent years: free profits for them
My wording is poor. I think Disney's forecasts say there will be no fewer folks with disposable cash by 2024.

That is why they are doing all of this in my opinion.

It will be a win for folks with the money AND a win for Disney who will get the money.

TrainsOfDisney

No maxpass was paid for a small fee…but since disneylanders didn’t automatically buy it…it was way more effective on limited use.
Legacy Fastpass and MaxPass co-existed. Legacy fastpass was always free. And nothing about it changed when maxpass was introduced.

Maxpass was an add on (included in some AP’s) and allowed you to book a FP from your phone, but that was the only advantage. You were paying for the added convenience of booking from your phone. That’s it. Otherwise you were still using legacy fastpass.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The dining plan was always a bad deal, and something designed for people who are bad at math. It’s really a mystery why it’s been gone this long as it was a tremendous money-maker for Disney.
My slightly educated guess is they were fine making inflated menu price and limited staff outlays…

But when receipts started to fall…they’ll roll this out because they know how long (15+ years) people spent more on the dining plan for “convenience” than they would if they ate during their stays normally.

…uh oh…did I give it away? 🫣🤭🤫

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom