News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Free day-of Fastpass would be the worst of all options.

When everyone has free access to the system, the system isn't a benefit to anyone. And the thing that people hate the most (waking up early) would be even worse if you had to physically be present in the parks at rope drop to do anything.
I don't really understand what you mean. It benefitted my family a lot, and we were late-nighters and late-risers. We never got into a park earlier than 12pm, but we were never unable to secure a Fastpass for something we wanted to do. Also, we made use of the free Evening Extra Magic Hours, which gave us shorter wait times.

Disstevefan1

Pre booked fastpasses do not work. They know this of course.
Well, I am mostly happy with park pass reservations going away. Purely a personal preference.

As for pre booked Lightning lanes or whatever, the real issue is ATTRACTION CAPACITY as you have said a million times.

Sadly, in my opinion in WDW will be extra slow adding ATTRACTION CAPACITY going forward.

Disney doesn't care if the system works as long as they can charge for it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So if this is truly a lack of attendance thing why would they wait until 2024?
I guessing they want all new tickets to have the wording of the policy embedded in the tickets, so there are no law suits of bait and switch.

When the new no-reservation day-tickets go live, I'm guessing it will be important to read the fine print for fine-print restrictions.

Sir_Cliff

Huh? It was by far the best option in my experiences and opinions on both coasts
I have to say the paid system replacing free Fastpass may have made the experience there a little more pleasant as so few actually use the paid system that standby lines have become more manageable. I'm not sure if they could ever drive the price high enough in Florida for that to occur, but if they could it may even make the parks less stressful than during the free Fastpass days as there's less reason to rush around reserving times on attractions.

Disstevefan1

So if this is truly a lack of attendance thing why would they wait until 2024?
Just my opinion, I think large companies like TWDC knows 6 months in advance what the economy will look like and they are removing obstacles for folks that will have disposable income in 2024.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Exactly, the need to choose a park is going away...this is huge.

This is pointless without removal of hopper restrictions. Almost everyone picked the park they were going to go to at the beginning of the day by default because of FP+ reservations. The theme park reservations never really bothered me because they were almost never sold out (although they are annoying in general and complicate planning).

Removing hopping restrictions is the real bellweather here - and until they move on that I am not impressed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, I am mostly happy with park pass reservations going away. Purely a personal preference.

As for pre booked Lightning lanes or whatever, the real issue is ATTRACTION CAPACITY as you have said a million times.

Sadly, in my opinion in WDW will be extra slow adding ATTRACTION CAPACITY going forward.

Disney doesn't care if the system works as long as they can charge for it.
Well…I’ll just say “I agree” and leave it at that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom