News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

aladdin2007

so wait passholders still have to make reservations no matter what and no one else does?? yet passholders will only get reservation free days here and there off and on? Thats slamming the door in the face. They truly dont want passholders there. Time to start speaking with the wallet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
so wait passholders still have to make reservations no matter what and no one else does?? yet passholders will only get reservation free days here and there off and on? Thats slamming the door in the face. They truly dont want passholders there. Time to start speaking with the wallet.
I agree…

But the secret is on the website: check the reservation calendar

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My wording is poor. I think Disney's forecasts say there will be no fewer folks with disposable cash by 2024.

That is why they are doing all of this in my opinion.

It will be a win for folks with the money AND a win for Disney who will get the money.
Gotcha…

Yes. That’s what it seems.

So the dining plan and rumored “advance genie” actually helps with the books too

Fido Chuckwagon

My slightly educated guess is they were fine making inflated menu price and limited staff outlays…

But when receipts started to fall…they’ll roll this out because they know how long (15+ years) people spent more on the dining plan for “convenience” than they would if they ate during their stays normally.

…uh oh…did I give it away? 🫣🤭🤫
I can’t tell you how many people I know who liked the dining plan because it helped them “budget” for their trip better. I would try to explain to them that if they just set aside the cost of the dining plan as their “food budget” they’d have money left over at the end, but they’d never listen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can’t tell you how many people I know who liked the dining plan because it helped them “budget” for their trip better. I would try to explain to them that if they just set aside the cost of the dining plan as their “food budget” they’d have money left over at the end, but they’d never listen.
I’m in the choir with you, Reverend.

It was usually like 25% more and maybe higher because they wouldn’t reason that fat and sugar in the heat diminishes it’s appeal and you eat less over the week.

That’s a mind blowing concept

Fido Chuckwagon

I’m in the choir with you, Reverend.

It was usually like 25% more and maybe higher because they wouldn’t reason that fat and sugar in the heat diminishes it’s appeal and you eat less over the week.

That’s a mind blowing concept
I remember all the people on their last day of the trip trying to use up all their “snack credits” at the hotel.

deeevo

So if I am understanding, passholders will once again be losing the benefit of park hopping after 2pm to any park except MK on the weekends and will now half to check a calendar again to see if they can?

Fido Chuckwagon

So if I am understanding, passholders will once again be losing the benefit of park hopping after 2pm to any park except MK on the weekends and will now half to check a calendar again to see if they can?
No, passholders are keeping that privilege. Where they are screwing passholders is by likely keeping them to some artificially low number of reservations for each park to allow an unlimited number of day ticket sales.

TrainsOfDisney

Disneyland was running MaxPass and they have two parks that can be hopped by walking 50 feet between them. It's not comparable in the slightest.
In 2019 legacy FP still existed with no changes for daily guests.

Maxpass existed at the same time and was an upcharge (and was included with some AP’s) that allowed you to book FP from your phone. That was the only advantage and did not change the legacy FP experience for guests who did not buy it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
so wait passholders still have to make reservations no matter what and no one else does??
I mean, not really.

Making a resort reservation and buying tickets *is* committing to certain dates.

Buying date-specific tickets *is* commiting to certain dates.

Passholders have to make reservations because they're the only ones who don't have to commit to specific dates at the time they purchase their admission entitlement.

Fido Chuckwagon

I suspect what is going to happen now is that AP’s are not going to “sell out” any more. Why shut down an income stream like that? Instead Disney is going to just limit AP attendance by heavily throttling park passes at peak times, since they don’t have to worry about that hurting their “less unfavorable” more profitable day guests. At least, until they get sued again.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
In 2019 legacy FP still existed with no changes for daily guests.

Maxpass existed at the same time and was an upcharge (and was included with some AP’s) that allowed you to book FP from your phone. That was the only advantage and did not change the legacy FP experience for guests who did not buy it.
See and the "from your phone" bit is the critical part. When people compare queuing times under various schemes, they always leave out the time it took to walk back and forth between attractions to obtain and then redeem paper tickets.

Tom P.

I've tried to explain to people before. If I buy the dining plan and pay for it in the cost of my package, then I don't think at all about food choices while I'm there. (Except for anything separate from the dining plan, of course.) I just get what I want and don't worry about it. But if I pay cash, even if I've budgeted a set amount ahead of time, even if I've put that amount on a gift card for food, I will be thinking about the amount every time I make a purchase. I'll be paying attention to the prices instead of the rest of the menu. And my experience won't be the same.

Maybe that's illogical. Maybe that's a failing on my part. But that's the way my mind works. Guaranteed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom