News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

nickys

Premium Member
Here's the updated wording from the Park Reservation page.

Visiting on or After January 9, 2024

Starting with visits on January 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. A date-based ticket requires you to choose a start date when you purchase.

For other admission types, theme park reservations may be required.

No Theme Park Reservation Required
  • Date-based 1-day ticket
  • Date-based multi-day ticket
  • Vacation package with date-based tickets
Theme Park Reservation Required
  • Student group tickets
  • Sport and Convention ticket
  • Annual Pass
  • All other ticket types not mentioned above
For admission types requiring theme park reservations, be sure to check reservation availability prior to purchase. Please note that theme park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability. Availability can change until the theme park reservation is finalized.

So AP holders staying onsite still need to book parks? That’s 💩😡

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What made you think they cared about them?
Somebody has to scoop up all of the Animal Kingdom Lodge Pool View rooms that nobody else wants.

But in all seriousness, they hit a sweet spot in the last several months. FastPass+ sucked for cast-as-guests, even those with resort reservations, visiting for more than 4 days. Then the initial Park Pass implementation wasn't any better. But they finally fixed it where cast-as-guests are treated like "normal" guests if and only if they have a resort reservation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Somebody has to scoop up all of the Animal Kingdom Lodge Pool View rooms that nobody else wants.

But in all seriousness, they hit a sweet spot in the last several months. FastPass+ sucked for cast-as-guests, even those with resort reservations, visiting for more than 4 days. Then the initial Park Pass implementation wasn't any better. But they finally fixed it where cast-as-guests are treated like "normal" guests if and only if they have a resort reservation.
No seriously dude…they don’t care

Eisner cared some…Iger cares not a tall

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm telling you they made tangible policy changes recently that have impacted the experience for the better.
And I’m telling you they don’t care

This is all the recession game…they’re trying to not waste overhead and stop revenue bleed in the parks.

You don’t have to be kreskin

Dining plan…a laughable ploy rising like the Phoenix

TrainsOfDisney

They can put whatever they want in the terms and conditions, it continues to be deceptive to sell a “no blackout day” pass that they then artificially black out because they want to sell more day tickets. If they go down this road again, they will get sued again.
Do they regularly black out AP reservations for all 4 parks?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
And I’m telling you they don’t care

This is all the recession game…they’re trying to not waste overhead and stop revenue bleed in the parks.

You don’t have to be kreskin

Dining plan…a laughable ploy rising like the Phoenix

Given the availability for day-of table service dining we experienced two weeks ago I can see that happening.

Drdcm

I’m surprised they didn’t add “except the week of Christmas, thanksgiving, and new years” when getting rid of park reservations for regular tickets

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom