News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

rocketraccoon

Demolition goes here I guess.

At some point they cut open the back of Stage 7. I'm guessing this is to take stuff out of GMR.
1Ev0Qij.jpg

Just two weeks ago it was covered up pretty well.
sqjapiP.jpg

Pretty sure I had a friend who became a higher up at that demolition company. Maybe he can sneak me in.

Outside of the neon, a single warning sign in the queue and the banners out front are all that's visible of GMR specifically now. The maps still show it weirdly enough, even though Epcot's got changed the day of.

TROR

Watch them move everything from the Tarzan room (as well as the Casablanca plane) to Jungle Cruise. Seeing how they've moved GMR CMs to that attraction, it would give them comfort knowing that parts of the ride live on.
No doubt in my mind the ape and elephant will make it to Jungle Cruise.

I know it'll never happen but I'm still hoping and praying Disney announces a boat ride for Frontierland where they put the bandits, the sherif, the gangsters, John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, and as many AA's from GMR that they can into it. It'd be the perfect excuse to build a new AA heavy attraction that so many people are clamoring for but they'd save a ton of money since so many are already built.

Biff215

No doubt in my mind the ape and elephant will make it to Jungle Cruise.

I know it'll never happen but I'm still hoping and praying Disney announces a boat ride for Frontierland where they put the bandits, the sherif, the gangsters, John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, and as many AA's from GMR that they can into it. It'd be the perfect excuse to build a new AA heavy attraction that so many people are clamoring for but they'd save a ton of money since so many are already built.
Doubt they were built to hold up outside unfortunately.

If Disney didn't want to maintain these figures where they were, what makes us think they will be utilized in any meaningful way elsewhere? I'm sure some might be used here and there, but that most will become spare parts sadly. Hope I'm wrong.

TROR

Doubt they were built to hold up outside unfortunately.

If Disney didn't want to maintain these figures where they were, what makes us think they will be utilized in any meaningful way elsewhere? I'm sure some might be used here and there, but that most will become spare parts sadly. Hope I'm wrong.

I believe the ride closure had more to do with not wanting to pay and advertise a non Disney brand when they can advertise a Disney brand instead. Same thing that happened to Tower of Terror in California.

Biff215

I believe the ride closure had more to do with not wanting to pay and advertise a non Disney brand when they can advertise a Disney brand instead. Same thing that happened to Tower of Terror in California.
That might have been part of it, but insiders like @marni1971 have indicated otherwise. GMR needed a lot of work that Disney didn't want to invest in, possibly due to the reason you mentioned, but replacing it with a screen-based attraction is telling IMO.

lnsemsf

Long lines for a "new" attraction? How odd.

It's an entertaining ride but that's about it. You could probably add rock and pop music to any thrill ride and make it entertaining. A good attraction is much more than that.

And a "good" attraction was all the tower of terror there was, not great like Florida. Guardians is far more fun and it's definitely brought energy to that rose that it lacked before. I spend about 40-60 days at Disneyland a year, but live in Florida so having a unique fun ride instead of a dull copy has brought a new dimension to my trips. I'll let you know in a few months if it holds up.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom