News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Haymarket2008

So is the Mickey ride ALSO going to DCA? Wasn't there some talk of that happening? I'd be disappointed, because that should be a WDW/DHS exclusive.

JoFu

I've heard of no talk of the Mickey ride going to Anaheim.
I think in some of the DL threads there's been some wishful thinking of it mentioned in conjunction with Hollywood Land plussing or Marvel Land threads. I don't think I've seen anyone claiming to know anything say it.

dhslxop

Broadwayworld.com is also reporting on the Disney Movie Musicals concept (I actually saw it there before I caught up on this thread). This may be completely fake, but just pointing out that the story is being picked up. http://www.broadwayworld.com/articl...low-History-of-Disney-Movie-Musicals-20170714
During a morning preview show for the 2017 D23 Expo, it was revealed that permits appear to have been filed for changes to Disney World's The Great Movie Ride at Hollywood Studios. Rumors have been circulating that the attraction was to undergo a "significant overhaul".

The morning show also revealed that sources say the new attraction will feature Mickey Mouse taking you through the history of Disney movies, specifically Disney movie musicals. Construction on the project is expected to be completed within the next two years.

The report has not been confirmed by Disney.

Watch the preview show in full below:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Wishing Star

ah ok
"The morning show also revealed that sources say the new attraction will feature Mickey Mouse taking you through the history of Disney movies, specifically Disney movie musicals."

if that's the idea than I'm in. Mickey through history is a fun idea. I hope Mary Poppins shows up, as well as other classics!!!
If it was just a bunch of musical and that's it, I wouldn't be as into it. Would rather have had the original stay.

Haymarket2008

This rumor still sounds very much like the concept of Philharmagic only in darkride form. The difference being they might be using non-Disney and non-animated features but still set to music with Mickey and Friends weaving in and out of the action. I don't know if I like that.

Still holding out hope for a "History of Mickey through the Years" concept.

It isn't a rumor. It was a joke.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom