1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by TheVisionarySoul, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Ryan H. Serowinski

Ryan H. Serowinski Well-Known Member

I really hope they'll keep the tributes of the movie premieres of Jungle Book(1967) and Mary Poppins, but would remove the TCM logos(highly unlikely sadly)

insert name here likes this.
  2. prberk

prberk Well-Known Member

Are you going live-stream it or anything like that?

3. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm not into social media except for two forums including this one.

4. asianway

asianway Well-Known Member

Shouldnt you be able to do both technically? Or are they starting a "last ride" line at DHS early?

brb1006 likes this.
  5. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

No idea. I just know I want to be on Energy's last ride. Anyone know if it would still close at 7 on that day or would they keep it open later?

6. asianway

I would think theyd have started that already. Is it even filling to capacity? I saw multiple posts that they are only running 4/6 cars. Doubt theyll bother repairing it, lol

brb1006 and Mike S like this.
  7. Herbie

Herbie Well-Known Member

I took my first ride on Energy a few days back (based on the fact it's from 1996 alone, I've always thought it was dated and needed replacing, but it was actually charming). I'm not sure about "filled to capacity" (I was on the far right, and it didn't seem like the middle row was open?) Anyways, it was as filled to capacity as you could expect. People are definitely coming by to reminisce.

PorterRedkey, JenniferS and Mike S like this.
  8. asianway

Ellen was horrible in 1996.

Food Rocks was a downgrade from Kitchen Kabaret.

Every single decision(TT is the only one you could possibly argue) boiled the EPCOT frog starting in 94.

9. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

I said goodbye to Energy last October. I rode it twice in a row, walking all over the pavilion for a long good look at everything, then sat outside staring at the pavilion for an hour.

That is when they called security on me. ;)

Sadly, this May for some reason I was under the impression that Energy would be save again for a little while longer, so I only rode it once, just for fun (I would never skip this ride on any trip!), not realising it would be my last ride. I now regret not riding it a few more times. Frustratingly, I go back next month, for my last trip for quite a while after that. I did expect to have to wave goodbye then.

More's the better I'm not on the final ride. I couldn't handle it.

Good for you to just sit there in quiet contemplation, rather than join the exhibitionist blogger brigade who seem to think of catching a last ride as a trophy moment rather than as a personal moment of introspective melancholy.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  10. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

4 more days left until it closes :(

11. KBLovesDisney

KBLovesDisney Well-Known Member

Is this the first time that they are closing two separate classic attractions in two different parks at the same time?

ford91exploder likes this.
  12. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Link

13. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member

I just rode it last week for the last time and honestly, I'm okay with it leaving. The scenes were cool but the live action people couldn't have been more annoying and ruined the whole thing for me.

RSoxNo1 and brb1006 like this.
  14. Goofyernmost

Goofyernmost Well-Known Member

I would guess that this is what happens when people find out they are about to lose their job. They just no longer give a crap about making your day or not making it.

15. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

They aren't necessarily being laid off.

EricsBiscuit, Mike S, egg and 2 others like this.
  16. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

My CM friend is taking it really hard. I'm not sure what job she's getting after this, but her last day as a gangster was 2 weeks ago, and she's a Tour Guide for the next few days. She found out her next location... in a Mickey themed conference room, and essentially said that it felt bad to learn that in that particular room. Based on the comments, it sounds like the other GMR CMs feel like it was in pretty poor taste.

She really loved being Mugsi, and I was really hoping to see her perform in November. It sounds like most of the GMR CMs are taking this badly.

17. MansionButler84

CMs in that role should really be sent somewhere else that can use their skills as openings develop. Like Jungle Cruise.

18. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

Is she blonde because there was one that was really good in the role. I wish I caught her name but I'm terrible at that.

Mike S and brb1006 like this.
  19. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

More of a light-haired ginger? Her name is Leah, but all of the gangsters are Mugsy/i.
    'Adventureland/Liberty Square' is her new assignment location, so I'm hoping it's Jungle Cruise (though I suppose it could also be Muppets?). I'm not sure how much the JC CMs get to improv with the jokes, but she did improv in college for 2 or 3 years and was pretty funny.

20. MansionButler84

They are supposed to stick to a script with a series of jokes to choose from, but many go off-script.