News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

RoyalFool

So glad I got to take my kids on this a few months back, had no idea it was going to close at the time; but considering the amount of 'what film is this?' questions I got form them; i guess it just didn't gel with younger audiences anymore.

Hope they release a 'piece of history' badge for it, would like to keep something of the ride.

Edit: Oh, and this is my first post - so, heya!

bclane

So glad I got to take my kids on this a few months back, had no idea it was going to close at the time; but considering the amount of 'what film is this?' questions I got form them; i guess it just didn't gel with younger audiences anymore.

Hope they release a 'piece of history' badge for it, would like to keep something of the ride.

Edit: Oh, and this is my first post - so, heya!
Welcome!

brb1006

I wish. I've never seen it like this and we don't go in peak season.

Of course there could be 700 guests actually riding beyond the doors to load.
I remember the queue being like this when I visited back in July 2004 (My first visit) and in April 2015 (My third visit).

brb1006

I think I'll miss them most of all...
View attachment 222172
You forgot the Witch!
filename-disney2012-512.jpg

NearTheEars

Was planning on heading over today but I've got one heck of a cold right now. Not sure I could make it standing in line. Thankfully we went last week to do both GMR and Energy. Was hoping I'd wake up feeling better this morning, but it's not in the cards.

Musical Mermaid

Frankly I can't wait till Star Wars Land opens and the overwhelming demand and lack of attractions prove how shortsighted and stupid this move was.
I've hated Star Tours since I was a child and got very ill on that ride. I've seen most of the Star Wars movies, which are mediocre, and think the franchise is highly overrated. Now that most of the Hollywood Studios is a shell of its former self, can't replace the outdated shows they have, and keeps shoving Star Wars in everyone's faces, I'll be skipping this park. I don't understand why the Toy Story Midway Mania takes up so much space to be a "ride" either, seems like they could just put up digital screens and have it like the Frontierland Shootin Arcade. You get more ride out of Buzz Lightyear than you do Midway Mania. This park has lost its appeal to me. And Mickey Mouse? Meh, he won't bring me back. I hope the park succeeds in whatever they're trying to do, and maybe that will take the crowds away from the other parks I choose to visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom