Disney movies that are underrepresented at Disney Parks

jw24

Hunchback of Notre Dame obviously though the music box in the Disneyland Fantasy Faire doesn't look too bad. But yeah, a lot of the 70s Disney movies and well, most of the 80s movies except the Little Mermaid are very unrepresented. Even though a lot of people wish there could be more merchandise, the 70s and most of the 80s was the dark age of Disney where the animated movies weren't quite as popular and Disney was struggling financially so it's really not surprising they don't feature merchandise of poor selling movies. It would be like Ford bringing back the Edsel model today.

StarWarsGirl

This is something I've started to ponder with this thread. Splash is based off of Song of the South (a movie which is indicative of that time in history) and though those topics are controversial today, Disney will never re-release the movie. Yet it has its own ride with the characters and such from the movie in the ride (and characters you can interact with and such). How are kids today learning who these characters are?

I'm not saying that WDW should release the movie or take down Splash, but I agree with the quoted post that there needs to be some sort of compromise somewhere.

Look at things today. Look how careful everyone has to be because they don't want to offend anyone else. I'm sorry but the movie is what it is. Every movie has a plot line, perhaps hidden meanings (remember those fun college courses in psychology where you had to pick apart the characters and rip the movie meanings apart?) and every person will take their own meanings and impressions of it.

If the movie is "dead" then what's the story of Splash mountain? This ride is one of the 3 mountains and biggest attractions to customers, yet few know what it's about. I agree you can't sell racist apparel and things of that nature, but there's gotta be something you can do to promote Splash mountain itself.
I remember learning the story of Brer Rabbit in elementary school. And my parents have a bootleg copy of Song of the South that they showed me. I think most kids learn the story from the ride. It certainly does a good job of telling the story.

One could say that Figment is not promoted. They could do something with him too. :) He wasn't even in a movie; he just got his own ride (which they desperately need to redo)

Yert3

This has bothered me for years! Arguably Walt Disney's greatest cinematic triumph and one of the most beloved movies of all time, yet there is zero representation in the parks. So many cool things could be done with it.
Great Movie Ride. It doesn't have zero representation, just a single pathetic one.

CP_alum08

The Rocketeer! One of my favorite movies as a kid, they do have the suit hanging in the Planet Hollywood DTD though so I've seen that a few times.

aladdin2007

Animal Kingdom needs permanent homes/attractions for Pocahontas, Tarzan, The Jungle Book, Bambi.

Magic Kingdom needs Pinnochio and Alice (the princess stuff overtaking has gotten out of hand)

Hollywood Studios needs, a lot of things lol, But would love to see a Mulan attraction since the movie was made here.

Epcot, no more cartoon overlays already. But def Mary Poppins in the UK

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was just thinking with so many Excellent Disney movies in the past, some Disney movies that has done well in the Box Office but it has little to no present in the parks.

This is a list of a few I movies that I can't understand why Disney don't have a Ride, Attraction or Characters.

Alice in Wonderland – Great in the box office so why no ride or characters
National Treasure – This would give Disney the opportunity to update Indiana Jones Show
Wall-E – What happen to that automated Wall-E that interacted with Guest?????
The Avengers – So much potential with this!!!!!!
Oz the Great and Powerful – Need to start looking at an attraction

During the blue sky phase of development for the Fantasyland expansion they were conisdering the inclusion of an Alice area. I can't link to the site from here but you can find the concept art for the area by Googling: fantasyland expansion concept art alice

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom