Disney movies that are underrepresented at Disney Parks

StarWarsGirl

Give Wonderland it's own land!!!!!!!

And an up-to-date Alice in Wonderland dark ride! :)
I would love to see it too (I'm about as big of an Alice fan as you are; I even had an imaginary friend named Alice growing up, lol), but since they have the ride in Disneyland right next to teacups, I can't see where they would put it in ours unless they moved it like they did with Dumbo.

dave&di

Haha, nope. I thought it was cool. Had to walk backwards through the ride. Just kind of looking around at how everything worked. We never did get on it again, lol. Here's a pretty decent video of the attraction, though you'll have to fast forward about halfway through.

Thanks for that, saves me googling! I guess WDW did the same but with Snow White's scary Adventure (RIP). I would have preferred to see the Pinocchio version, I think he gets forgotten, trying to find a Pinocchio gift at wdw is almost impossible apart from Xmas tree decorations! :(

StarWarsGirl

Thanks for that, saves me googling! I guess WDW did the same but with Snow White's scary Adventure (RIP). I would have preferred to see the Pinocchio version, I think he gets forgotten, trying to find a Pinocchio gift at wdw is almost impossible apart from Xmas tree decorations! :(
The cars do look very similar to Snow White. Disneyland still has Snow White's Scary Adventures, though it was closed when I went last time, so I'm excited to see what they did with it. Now that you mention it, there is a lack of Pinocchio merchandise. But I think that is true in both parks. In all honesty, that movie freaked me out a bit as a kid. The whole Pleasure Island and turning into donkeys thing. Strange considering I was fine with Pink Elephants on parade.

Sweet Melissa

I think a Silly Symphonies dark ride would be really cool, with maybe a few different rooms each representing one of the more popular shorts. You could have a Flowers and Trees room and a Hell's Bells room, for instance.

I'd like to see a coaster themed for The Incredibles. That's a property that I'd love to see Disney do more with in general. I wish Brad Bird had interest in doing a sequel. I think the first film merits more.

I also think that The Sword in the Stone could use some love (even though I know I'm in the minority on that movie).

danpam1024

I think a Silly Symphonies dark ride would be really cool, with maybe a few different rooms each representing one of the more popular shorts. You could have a Flowers and Trees room and a Hell's Bells room, for instance.

I'd like to see a coaster themed for The Incredibles. That's a property that I'd love to see Disney do more with in general. I wish Brad Bird had interest in doing a sequel. I think the first film merits more.

I also think that The Sword in the Stone could use some love (even though I know I'm in the minority on that movie).
Such a great movie-idk why they didn't do more with it- superheroes are awesome and merchandising possibilities are endless

AllyInWonderland

I would love to see it too (I'm about as big of an Alice fan as you are; I even had an imaginary friend named Alice growing up, lol), but since they have the ride in Disneyland right next to teacups, I can't see where they would put it in ours unless they moved it like they did with Dumbo.
I wasn't always obsessed with Alice in Wonderland. It was one of my mom's favorites, and we would watch it almost every day on Toon Disney, and it would get on my nerves, so I pretty much hated the movie. It wasn't until I got older that I began liking it more. I bought the movie on DVD, and that night after I watched it, I realized how good it was and that I kinda wanted to watch it again. Then in 8th grade, my English teacher announced that we would be reading the book in class, and I started freaking out. (I read the books for the first time in the 6th grade). Then I began to appreciate it more. I watched the movie a lot, downloaded the music, saved a bunch of pictures wallpapers for my phone, and then memorized pretty much all of the words to the movie. I reached my obsession in 2011 and 2012. When we went to WDW in 2012, I made sure I saw Alice and the Mad Hatter. I made sure I saw Alice in Epcot, I went to see her by the tea cups in MK with the White Rabbit, I made my parents stay for the Move It Shake It parade so I could see the Mad Hatter, and my parents made sure we ate breakfast at 1900 Park Fare so I could see Alice and Hatter. So yeah. :p

StarWarsGirl

I wasn't always obsessed with Alice in Wonderland. It was one of my mom's favorites, and we would watch it almost every day on Toon Disney, and it would get on my nerves, so I pretty much hated the movie. It wasn't until I got older that I began liking it more. I bought the movie on DVD, and that night after I watched it, I realized how good it was and that I kinda wanted to watch it again. Then in 8th grade, my English teacher announced that we would be reading the book in class, and I started freaking out. (I read the books for the first time in the 6th grade). Then I began to appreciate it more. I watched the movie a lot, downloaded the music, saved a bunch of pictures wallpapers for my phone, and then memorized pretty much all of the words to the movie. I reached my obsession in 2011 and 2012. When we went to WDW in 2012, I made sure I saw Alice and the Mad Hatter. I made sure I saw Alice in Epcot, I went to see her by the tea cups in MK with the White Rabbit, I made my parents stay for the Move It Shake It parade so I could see the Mad Hatter, and my parents made sure we ate breakfast at 1900 Park Fare so I could see Alice and Hatter. So yeah. :p
That's cool.:) It's perfectly alright to change your mind. Especially since, ya know, in this case, it's for the better. ;) Despite my username, I didn't see Star Wars until I was 14.o_O So for about 3 1/2 years. Sometimes it just takes a few years to start appreciating things more.

I was kind of the opposite. I always loved Alice. It was my favorite movie from the time when I was three on. It probably still ranks as one of my favorite Disney movies. Then there were some other Alice versions that I got into. There's one with Whoopi Goldberg as the Cheshire cat that's pretty good. If you have Netflix, it's on Instant, otherwise it comes on TV a lot if you haven't seen it. I think I was about in sixth grade when I first picked up the books too. Never got to read it in class unfortunately. We had to read more horrid literature, like a Tale of Two Cities and Call of the Wild. Ugh. My friend's school did Alice in Wonderland for their play this fall. It was pretty good, though her parents were a little weirded out when I started reciting Jabberwocky along with other lines (How doth the little crocodile improve his shining tail...).

Last time I was in Disney, I had on my Ravens hat (of course;)) and Alice ran up to me and asked if the Mad Hatter had made it. I told her yes. Whoever plays her in the parks is fantastic. Full of energy and muchness as she should be. I know you're planning on Disneyland for this October, so when you go, make sure you hit her dark ride. You probably saw my video, but it's so much cooler in person. :)

Brer Josh

Song of the South.
Yes, it has its own ride but Disney should do more to promote it, it's a premier attraction and Disney treat it like a red head child.
Zero merchandise other than tie-dyed shirts (what is the US fascination with this?), jumpers and towel - all the same design.

Pathetic.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Song of the South.
Yes, it has its own ride but Disney should do more to promote it, it's a premier attraction and Disney treat it like a red head child.
Zero merchandise other than tie-dyed shirts (what is the US fascination with this?), jumpers and towel - all the same design.

Pathetic.

It was a terrible movie. Great animation, but terrible movie...

mousehockey37

Song of the South.

Pathetic.

This is something I've started to ponder with this thread. Splash is based off of Song of the South (a movie which is indicative of that time in history) and though those topics are controversial today, Disney will never re-release the movie. Yet it has its own ride with the characters and such from the movie in the ride (and characters you can interact with and such). How are kids today learning who these characters are?

I'm not saying that WDW should release the movie or take down Splash, but I agree with the quoted post that there needs to be some sort of compromise somewhere.

Look at things today. Look how careful everyone has to be because they don't want to offend anyone else. I'm sorry but the movie is what it is. Every movie has a plot line, perhaps hidden meanings (remember those fun college courses in psychology where you had to pick apart the characters and rip the movie meanings apart?) and every person will take their own meanings and impressions of it.

If the movie is "dead" then what's the story of Splash mountain? This ride is one of the 3 mountains and biggest attractions to customers, yet few know what it's about. I agree you can't sell racist apparel and things of that nature, but there's gotta be something you can do to promote Splash mountain itself.

Brer Josh

I remember going to DL in 92 and riding Splash, back then the Briar Patch sold nothing but Splash Mountain/Song of the South apparel - range of plush, shirts, mugs, figures etc; not sure why that changed... it just seems overly odd to me to have the ride with minimum merch and no touch point for future generations. More and more its easier to explain its appearance at parks as being Disneys Log Flume ride - which is sad.

openendedsky

I was just thinking with so many Excellent Disney movies in the past, some Disney movies that has done well in the Box Office but it has little to no present in the parks.

This is a list of a few I movies that I can't understand why Disney don't have a Ride, Attraction or Characters.

Alice in Wonderland – Great in the box office so why no ride or characters
National Treasure – This would give Disney the opportunity to update Indiana Jones Show
Wall-E – What happen to that automated Wall-E that interacted with Guest?????
The Avengers – So much potential with this!!!!!!
Oz the Great and Powerful – Need to start looking at an attraction
Surely you must be joking.

Also, Sword in the Stone. For real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom