Disney/MGM NEW SHOW Survey - Weird

Maerj

Personally, I hate the idea of having to pay for a ride or attraction when I've already paid to get into a park. At Dorney Park they had some dangerous looking ride that costs $30 to ride. When you are paying probably around $50 for a day in an amusement park the last thing you want to do is pay more just to ride one ride or show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Separate access/egress... that places it on the perimeter. The only 2 places off hand I know of for this are the eastern expansion pad on Sunset (between Theatre of the Stars and Hollywood Hills) or the plot behind Indy.

Buried20KLeague

No offense, but I call Shenannigans.

This is a survey??? Every survey I've ever gotten from Disney asked short and sweet questions. At no time did it expound upon potential projects on the Imagineer's drawing boards. That makes no sense, and would be contrary to pretty much EVERY SINGLE OTHER PROJECT that the Imagineers have produced.

Again, I don't mean to be rude. But I question the validity of this entirely.

What was the point of having this on the survey?? What question did they ask??

LEE??? Help us out here. Get out the shotgun and blow some holes in this one for me.

DisneyBuff

I would be worried about parking for this. With fantasmic everynight where are they going to get the room for that many more cars for evening shows? Downtown Disney seems such a better place for this. I would have to agree with an extra price tag put on this if place at MGM, if somewhere else I can understand that.

One point not brought up is if this does share space at MGM what does that say about the parks future? A big building like does that mean no new BIG area attractions? Seems a new attraction will require some rehauling of current buildings.

Just my thoughts. Also from my experience backstage at MGM alot of the buildings have misc stuff in them. When doing catering we had to drive all over the back of the park to get our supplies in serval different buildings.

mickey7879

This sounds a lot like the shows on the Disney Cruise. I think this could be a big hit if you've ever gotten a chance to see those. It's amazing what they can do on the ship without much room. MGM or DTD, I don't care, I'll be there waiting in line, money in hand!

Epcot82Guy

This sounds like something that should be built at DTD and not MGM. Plus, I can imagine that not a few park attendees would be miffed that a show at MGM is not included in the admission price.

I agree entirely. This could be a very nice addition, but it should anchor an area past La Nouba, Boardwalk, or somewhere else. It just doesn't mesh with the Disney theme park to have an upcharge show like this.

drew81

WDW mngt has been toying with building a broadway style theater for some time. If anyone has been to DCA think of the Hyperion Theater. That's what I could see WDW building.

doop

Sounds like a great idea, the premise for the show sounds pretty spectacular. The only downside is the seperate admission, we pay for admission to the parks, and usually that seems to include everything Disney besides the Water Parks and DQ. I'm not sure how many people would be willing to pay for another price not included in their ticket.

mickey7879

Sounds like a great idea, the premise for the show sounds pretty spectacular. The only downside is the seperate admission, we pay for admission to the parks, and usually that seems to include everything Disney besides the Water Parks and DQ. I'm not sure how many people would be willing to pay for another price not included in their ticket.

I would!!:sohappy:

Mad Stitch

This is a survey??? Every survey I've ever gotten from Disney asked short and sweet questions. At no time did it expound upon potential projects on the Imagineer's drawing boards. That makes no sense, and would be contrary to pretty much EVERY SINGLE OTHER PROJECT that the Imagineers have produced.

LEE??? Help us out here. Get out the shotgun and blow some holes in this one for me.

I agree. Did anyone else get this “survey”?

SewIn2Disney

If they bill it as a Broadway show in WDW, then I think people might be up for it, but if they bill it as an attraction within a park that you have to pay extra for, people might get miffed that they have to pay more. I guess what I am saying is, it sounds like a good idea, but is there somewhere else it can go?

And, imho, it sounds more like a Philaharmagic experience then Fantasmic. Philahar. does an excellent job of intertwining movies together seamlessly. I always leave that show wanting more.

SewIn2Disney

It's funny you ask, because I got a survey from Disneyland Paris today, but unfortunately, I cannot get the survey to open. I think I'll go try again right now.
My survey link is coming up as "This page cannot be displayed" but here is what it says:

Tell us about you and help us multiply the magic:
Hello

To get to know you a little better and add a sprinkling of your very own magic to our enchanting world, we would like to invite you to answer a few questions about yourself, your family and your leisure time.

To start working your magic, click here

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I, too, agree that it sounds like a Broadway style production.

It sounds like a fun idea.

As far as parking goes, if they build a new theatre, I'm sure that they will take parking into consideration and add a new parking lot.

KnightRonin

Original Poster

Call shenanigans all you like. I received the message in my Inbox and filled out the survey online. It might be some sort of clever spam, but it seemed legitimate to me.

Is this real?
I'd love as many answers about this project as the lot of you.

Did I make it up?
Nope. Got better things to do.

It's really sweet of them not to include this show with park admission, maybe if you only go to the show and not MGM you can pay double for parking...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom