Disney may have interest in Sea World

sbkline

if disney buys busch entertainment they would close Busch Gardens... and i doubt inbev would sell then just seaworld orlando...

If you're a company trying to sell off assets, you probably take what you can get rather than risk losing an entire sale by insisting that the buyer buy all or nothing. I'm sure they would rather see interested parties buy what they are interested in, than to insist that they buy everything, thereby causing the potential buyer to back out, leaving you stuck with it all.

DisneyDellsDude

Very true, but I'd rather see them invest that money into the 4 parks they already have. All that money towards fixing the parks, rebranding, signage, etc. could all be invested in more attractions, maintenence, etc. etc. for their current property.

But that's just my opinion of course. :)

I agree 100% with you!
Disney has enough to deal with with their current theme parks.
I would rather have quality over quantity at their parks. They have so much land in WDW for a reason...

MacRtst

On the downside, I think it would be odd to have the entire WDW resort complex over there in Lake Buena Vista, then over here in Orlando, you have a 5th Disney Park. It seems like it would break some of the illusion, or the magic or whatever, to have to hop on a bus and go up the interstate to get to this other theme park.

two words:

monorail expansion!!!:ROFLOL:

completely joking

Mick G.

I agree, I would prefer that Disney concentrate on what they own now, and do projects that complement the existing parks, like the new atttractions at DHS, and the fantastyland expansion rumor. But, with other companies like the Dubai crew taking an interest in Seaworld, the Disney showrunners may be forced to look at the bigger picture, and buy SeaWorld to keep the Dubai crew out of the Orlando market.

I had heard rumors that Disney was working on a "fifth gate" at WDW called Night Kingdom, a premium park to the west of the MK. Perhaps the SeaWorld park would provide the infrastructure needed for this new park, assuming that the Night Kingdom project is for real.

Figment1986

If you're a company trying to sell off assets, you probably take what you can get rather than risk losing an entire sale by insisting that the buyer buy all or nothing. I'm sure they would rather see interested parties buy what they are interested in, than to insist that they buy everything, thereby causing the potential buyer to back out, leaving you stuck with it all.

In this day of age they would probably rather sell all or nothing, especially since Busch Entertainment's management is consolidated in Orlando in a brand new building, and the engineering division is working on many projects for each park including the recently announced Sesame street addition at the willamsburg busch gardens, that and if they don't sell as a block then they might spend more to sell each park with the taxes and having to go through government approval and such.

comics101

I thought Universal bought Sea World. They kept advertising Sea World last time we were at Uni, and you could get Sea World tickets, maps, etc from Universal Hotels. Did Universal and Busch Entertainment make a deal, or what?

TheKeeler7

A couple of thoughts.
If they were to buy and run it as part of WDW this would go against the whole theory of keeping poeple within the confines of the property, as well as would require a lot of expense to get it up the Disney standards of immersion with in a story. As much as Disney has been run more as a corporation in recent years than Walt would have prefered, Certain standards and approaches remain the same.

If they buy it and run it as a seperate entity then this goes against the whole synergy business model. There would be a lot of excess money being spent for things that can be consolidated as well as an advertising to pull people away from WDW which could also lead them to other outside parks. ( kind of like a theory of a third canidate hurting the front runner in an election).

In the end I don't see Disney adding this expense to books especially when the economy is uncertain and they have so much going on with in the property.

One last consideration is that Disney would not have the same control / right to do as they please on the Sea World property, Look at the issue's and expenses they have had to deal with in Anahiem, do they really want this hassle in FL when they have so much availible land.

It's a pretty awkward fit with Disney, seems much more logical to combine with Universal.

But keep in mind, the article merely states that there's interest... that's a long way from a deal. Disney would be foolish to not investigate such a large sale in one of their core businesses, and this is most likely only that.

StageFrenzy

I thought Universal bought Sea World. They kept advertising Sea World last time we were at Uni, and you could get Sea World tickets, maps, etc from Universal Hotels. Did Universal and Busch Entertainment make a deal, or what?

I believe Busch and Uni made an us vs them (Disney) arrangement

TheDisneyMagic

Maybe if they purchased Sea World, and Discovery Cove, keep them operating whilst over time construct two brand new versions of them on Walt Disney World property then once finished move everything from the current Sea World site to Walt Disney World and sell of the old ones. This way theming could be cleverly inplemented into the Sea World core.

Anything is possible when it comes to Walt Disney Company.

Mr.EPCOT

I would love to see Disney buy the Busch Entertainment, simply for the reason that I love SeaWorld and all of their parks, and with Disney, I know that they would be well taken care of. I don't have that assurance with Blackstone. Yes, it would probably put a strain on resources for the original properties, but I believe that it could be potentially worth that small sacrifice.

The most ideal solution would be for the Busch family to purchase the parks as has been rumored. But were Disney to do it, I don't think they would go so far as to try to integrate SeaWorld fully with everything else. They would probably brand it something to the effect of "SeaWorld: A Disney Adventure Park." I'm sure they would fold it into the ticket system, probably not with the rest of the theme parks, but as an option like the water parks. And I'm sure they would offer some form of transportation, although I could see them charging extra for that.

Austin1

It's not going to happen. Does not seem like a logical business move in any way. Disney's brand is much stronger than that of Bush, the merge in anyway with them, will have no positive outcome...IMHO.

Iceviper123

I have a good feeling that this won't happen soon or at all.

Disney right now are trying to be more international and branching out
to other countries.

I think their concentration as of right now is to get that second resort in China ready to go. :animwink:

wedway71

Maybe its just me but I really dont see this happening.

Disney is a brand powerhouse. I just dont see them buying someone elses park. They like to create NEW things that are Disney.I just dont see it happening...

Even if it is rebranded I think there will be a feeling of owning a used car.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's not going to happen. Does not seem like a logical business move in any way. Disney's brand is much stronger than that of Bush, the merge in anyway with them, will have no positive outcome...IMHO.

Yeah the Bush name brand is WAY too political...Now Busch on the other hand... :lol:

Can you imagine a BUSH/DISNEY merger.....*shudders*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom