News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You think stricter border controls would have stopped it ?
How's that working out for Australia . You will never stop people from entering legally and carrying the disease with them.
Pushing the blame onto others is part of the reason you are back to these measures.
Well let’s think about it. The delta variant didn’t come from the US so it came across the border. With it being a free for all open border with no testing and then they are being bussed all over the south when they arrive illegally rather than sent back, how could stricter border control not help? It would help a lot more that face fabric that didn’t help much the first time

Casper Gutman

I know it’s easy to blame all the unvaccinated folks which is fine but If the delta variant never made it in the US across the border we wouldn’t be having this problem right now. That would have been an easy and smart thing to prevent during a global pandemic but again politics > public health and covid transmission in this country which continues to be swept under the rug.
It is very likely Delta entered the country with legal travelers. Unless you want to permanently and completely shut all borders to all travel, including leisure and business, and curtail or end all international trade, something as contagious as Delta will find a way in.

It's easy to blame the unvaccinated because they're to blame. People are trying so very, very hard to avoid the fact that to end all this everyone needs to get a shot.

Businesses and governments are about to make that point a lot more clear with mandates.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Well let’s think about it. The delta variant didn’t come from the US so it came across the border. With it being a free for all open border with no testing and then they are being bussed all over the south when they arrive illegally rather than sent back, how could stricter border control not help? It would help a lot more that face fabric that didn’t help much the first time
It has been proven around the world that stricter border controls won't stop the disease from entering countries. All this is moot anyway as it is there and due to the lax attitude of a large section of the population is spreading like crazy. But sure it's the busses of immigrants causing the problem.
Following the lead of a polite English gent I too am out of here as I am not really contributing to the real purpose of the thread .

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It is very likely Delta entered the country with legal travelers. Unless you want to permanently and completely shut all borders to all travel, including leisure and business, and curtail or end all international trade, something as contagious as Delta will find a way in.

It's easy to blame the unvaccinated because they're to blame. People are trying so very, very hard to avoid the fact that to end all this everyone needs to get a shot.

Businesses and governments are about to make that point a lot more clear with mandates.
so then when is this all going to end? Are we going to learn to live with covid or are we going to wear masks and hide forever? Half aren’t going to get the shot whether we want them to or not and those that have apparently can still carry covid so where do we go from here because requiring everyone even those vaccinated to wear masks again isn’t going to help those unvaccinated get a shot. In fact it may even keep them from it more

Casper Gutman

so regardless of that when is this all going to end? Are we going to learn to live with covid or are we going to wear masks and hide forever? Half aren’t going to get the shot whether we want them to or not and those that have apparently can still carry covid so where do we go from here
It's going to end when almost every public and private organization, every business and state or local government, puts a mandate in place. That's it. If you want to work, eat out, see a movie, go to a theme park, visit a library, etc., you will need to be vaccinated.

Very soon, people are going to stop letting the unvaccinated hold their lives and the global economy hostage.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It's going to end when almost every public and private organization, every business and state or local government, puts a mandate in place. That's it. If you want to work, eat out, see a movie, go to a theme park, visit a library, etc., you will need to be vaccinated.

Very soon, people are going to stop letting the unvaccinated hold their lives and the global economy hostage.
It’ll never happen though even though a part of me would be fine with that especially at Disney right now so then what?

Casper Gutman

It’ll never happen though even though a part of me would be fine with that especially at Disney right now so then what?
It started happening this week. Google, Netflix, the federal government - they're putting vaccine mandates in place. You'll see a bunch more in the coming days and, when the FDA inevitably gives full approval, you'll see a flood. We're moving past the tipping point.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I agree but it’s not going to happen. There will be a lot never get the vaccine so then what
Then we possibly could end up back at square one unless heard immunity is achieved - something unlikely in countries with many who are able to be jabbed not willing to be.

Of course in time those unwilling to be jabbed could die off which will give everyone else a better chance of normality. The real pity is those who medically can’t be jabbed, those for whom the vaccines don’t work as well for etc.

E2bFyTdWQAkOqyt.jpeg

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Then we possibly could end up back at square one unless heard immunity is achieved - something unlikely in countries with many who are able to be jabbed not willing to be.

Of course in time those unwilling to be jabbed could die off which will give everyone else a better chance of normality. The real pity is those who medically can’t be jabbed, those for whom the vaccines don’t work as well for etc.
Many unwilling to be jabbed have already had it though. Many have had it and never knew it whether vaccinated or not. Again I’m all for everyone getting the shot. I have it and my 12yr old daughter does too now but many won’t so I’m having a hard time figuring out how we are ever going to return to normal. I’m sorry but whiles masks might help a little here and there it won’t solve this

tanc

Saw this coming. The CDC announced lifting some restrictions too early. As a result, people stopped getting vaccinated. I think the mentality of "Well, now someone else will get vaccinated instead of me" takes over. We could be in a way better situation over this. The sad thing about it is that vaccines become a political issue.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Saw this coming. The CDC announced lifting some restrictions too early. As a result, people stopped getting vaccinated. I think the mentality of "Well, now someone else will get vaccinated instead of me" takes over. We could be in a way better situation over this. The sad thing about it is that vaccines become a political issue.
There are many actually on both sides of the political isle that haven’t been vaccinated and have said they never will be. It’s not just a left or right thing even though the media is so desperately trying to make it that to create more division and distract from reality

therein lies why I blame more of the media than anything. No one know who or what to believe because unfortunately for some politics > public health. People need to pull their mask down from covering their eyes to see this. There is no reason any of this should have become political but because it all started during a US presidential election year here we are

I agree but it’s not going to happen. There will be a lot never get the vaccine so then what
At some point, probably soon, the military will require the vaccine. That will open up unit commanders to prohibiting service people under them from visiting with unvaccinated family members due to unit readiness requirements. That plus opening it up to under 12 year olds, and massive employers issuing requirements, will get us to something around 90%, and then we’re set.

ParentsOf4

Although indoor masking is a good first step, it might not be enough. Making Guests wear masks while indoors costs Disney nothing.

People will be standing in line for 30 to 60 minutes next to others who are only a couple of feet away.

If Disney were serious about this, they'd also reduce theme park capacity and reinstitute social distancing. But these impact Disney's bottom line.

Come on Disney, do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom