News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Then why did we have to wear masks outdoors so long before or did science change?

Because the studies that showed that outdoor transmission wasn't really a thing only came out a few months ago.
If you are vaccinated why are you worried about anyone else. If they work…

Because unvaccinated people catching Covid
a) Will continue transmitting the virus and giving it room to mutate into something that could possibly defeat the vaccines, become more deadly, etc.

b) Will potentially infect my unvaccinated children and risk them being hospitalized, contracting MIS-C, or ending up with Long Covid.

c) Because unvaccinated Covid patients are overwhelming the hospitals, and if I or someone I love needs a hospital for another reason (e.g. car accident, heart attack, etc) I don't want hospital capacity issues to cause my or my familiy to not be treated on time or effectively.

The reinfection rate is 0.4% and in almost every case the rare second infection presents less symptoms. Stop the fearmongering.

That's old data - Delta has changed that equation.

Vinnie Mac

Where's your source Mr "people are dying left and right from reinfection?". Lol
The Delta varient is more deadly and more infectious than previous ones. It could easily kill and reinfect people who've already been reinfected. Good luck trying to convince me that all of the Delta deaths or infections were from people who weren't infected before. Kentucky is experiencing a rise in reinfections right now.

Not to mention, COVID makes you more likely to develop health complications or even die 6 months after infection.

ElvisMickey

The Delta varient is more deadly and more infectious than previous ones. It could easily kill and reinfect people who've already been reinfected. Good luck trying to convince me that all of the Delta deaths or infections were from people who weren't infected before. Kentucky is experiencing a rise in reinfections right now.

Not to mention, COVID makes you more likely to develop health complications or even die 6 months after infection.
Amazing advice. Coming from a 21 year old…

Brooklin Disney Dad

Honestly with this type of exponential spread you would have to employ thousands of people to trace these cases. Florida just does not have the appetite to pay for that
And when the mayor says vaccinations are at 62%, is that double vaxed? Here in Canada, 71% have first dose and 57% have two doses. We still wear masks indoors and our restaurants just opened up indoor dining to 50% capacity. Our businesses can’t afford a 3rd shut down. People need to comply.
If mask mandate gets ignored, shut downs will be needed. Not sure why some people act like putting on a mask is equivalent to putting on a straight jacket.

disneygeek90

What’s the better advice? I’m vaccinated. Do you have proof that the Delta variant is killing numerous vaccinated people? More fear mongering. Way more people have died from pneumonia and that’s a fact. Stop watching CNN and spend less time in the parks.
No one was discussing vaccinated people. The topic was over those that have had natural covid. Of which, is being heavily encouraged.

Chomama

In my opinion, the new guidance is likely in place because the unvaccinated didn’t follow the previous guidance and now we have a total disaster in our hands. Everyone has to mask up bc we can’t trust people to do what was asked of them. Whether or not it will help, who knows? In other news, our close friend who I went to get vaccinated with in February (moderna) has come down with symptomatic Covid. Meaning he has fever, aches, headache, loss smell and taste. He had his second done in February. He was in a deposition for 6 hours last week with 8 other fully vaccinated people. Now 6 have symptomatic Covid. Anecdote yes. Alarming yes.

Gran Fiesta

If Steve says it in this way, I would bet my money that he knows something. @MansionButler84, who also has the inside track, has said the same.
Okay sounds good, thank you! We are going in August and although I'm not that excited to wear a mask indoors, I'm very thankful that they won't make you wear a mask on outside lines like SDD. I imagine that would be very hot

fractal

Delta is more contagious but not deadlier.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
In my opinion, the new guidance is likely in place because the unvaccinated didn’t follow the previous guidance and now we have a total disaster in our hands. Everyone has to mask up bc we can’t trust people to do what was asked of them. Whether or not it will help, who knows?
Unfortunately this won’t convince unvaccinated to get vaccinated though and may even discourage some of them so what does this mean? Are we going to do this forever? Masks aren’t going to solve this. We are either going to have to live with it and develop meds and treatments to keep it from becoming severe if someone gets it or just mask up, shut everything down, and hide in our basements forever and not enjoy life

Figgy1

Premium Member
What’s the better advice? I’m vaccinated. The problem with this country right now is that people don’t accept moderates anymore. You either need to be on the far leaning left who blindly roots for the Dems or you’re a redneck from Alabama who sleeps with your cousin and is an anti-vaxxer. Do you have proof that the Delta variant is killing numerous vaccinated people? More fear mongering. Way more people have died from pneumonia and that’s a fact. Stop watching CNN and spend less time in the parks.
The problem the bad kids are ruining it for the good kids. Too darn many people have lied by omission and they only way to fix the situation is masking for all or vaccine passports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom