News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The 3,700 is worldwide. So he was correct. approx 3,700 people die everyday worldwide. In 2018 39,880 people died from traffic related accidents in the US (last reported year by WHO, I didn't check CDC)
So to compare to COVID - that number is over 10,500 per day. Almost 3 times the current daily rate for car accidents (though the world "car" number actually includes pretty much all forms of ground transportation).

ToTBellHop

The portion of those deaths that can be and choose not to be vaccinated ?

Yes.
While it is cold-hearted, if people choose to be stubbornly stupid, I suppose that’s their choice. In any event, they are stubborn. What will change if I wear my mask another 6 months? They’ll still be unvaccinated or maybe dead? They already made a decision that they don’t think it’s worth getting a shot to save their own life. Who am I to convince them otherwise?

mergatroid

I should have clarified - it is an average of 400 Americans dying each day. I'm getting very sick and tired of the "experts" on here lecturing me about the supposed lifestyle choices of COVID victims when I have known perfectly healthy people with zero underlying conditions who have passed away.
Early on the pandemic I lost a family friend to covid who had no underlying health condition. When I explained this to a poster on here who was arguing it was no worse than the flu, the response was "Link the obituary up then" or words to that effect. There's some weird people out there.

CarolinaSoprano

Interesting. Norwegian cruise lines are dropping their mask mandate for guests on ships starting March 1.

Cruises with embarkation dates beginning March 1, 2022:

For sailings originating from a U.S. port:

Guests are not required to wear masks onboard, however, we recognize the added protections provided when wearing a mask covering and recommend that all guests do so onboard when indoors, except when actively eating or drinking, or seated at a table in a dining setting, or when in their stateroom. Mask coverings are also recommended outdoors when physical distancing of at least six (6) feet cannot be maintained. The decision to wear a mask covering when onboard is at the discretion of each guest.

CaptainAmerica

Sure you did.
I didn't say "in the United States." My figure was an accurate worldwide statistic.

Regardless, my point is not about the relative magnitude of one versus the other. My point is that loads of people die, all around the world, for all sorts of reasons that I can't do anything about. I'm sick of pretending that COVID deaths are more sacred or tragic than any other kind of death.

Trauma

Interesting. Norwegian cruise lines are dropping their mask mandate for guests on ships starting March 1.

Cruises with embarkation dates beginning March 1, 2022:

For sailings originating from a U.S. port:

Guests are not required to wear masks onboard, however, we recognize the added protections provided when wearing a mask covering and recommend that all guests do so onboard when indoors, except when actively eating or drinking, or seated at a table in a dining setting, or when in their stateroom. Mask coverings are also recommended outdoors when physical distancing of at least six (6) feet cannot be maintained. The decision to wear a mask covering when onboard is at the discretion of each guest.
It’s over.

The avalanche is beginning.

I predicted masks off at Disney on April 15.

Looks like it will be sooner.

Incomudro

I didn't say "in the United States." My figure was an accurate worldwide statistic.

Regardless, my point is not about the relative magnitude of one versus the other. My point is that loads of people die, all around the world, for all sorts of reasons that I can't do anything about. I'm sick of pretending that COVID deaths are more sacred or tragic than any other kind of death.
And I'll add: Or the most preventable.

BuddyThomas

Well as long as we embrace obesity by putting 300 pound women in bikins on the cover of rag mags than nothing will change. There is nothing healthy or good about weighing so much you get winded walking or talking
I don't know what you are talking about that has anything to do with this conversation whatsoever. Maybe you got distracted while you were sprinkling your laugh emojis all over posts that you don't agree with, which, by the way, violates board rules. If you are again spreading misinformation that the only people who die from COVID are out of shape, you are, once again, incorrect.

Chris Trousdale of Dream Street and The Broadway Kids died of COVID at the age of 34., in shape, no underlying conditions.

Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne died of COVID at the age of 52, in shape, no underlying conditions

Matteo de Cosmo, an art director died of COVID at age 52 - in shape, no underlying conditions.

Broadway star Nick Cordero died of COVID at the age of 41, but not before he had to get a leg amputated due to the disease. He was a fitness fanatic, in great shape, and no underlying conditions.

I could go on and on and on, but frankly, to a group of people who are very proudly minimizing human suffering and death, it is not worth another second of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom