News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyThomas

Is it not the same when people (especially many here) show no sympathy and even go as far as mock those who were unvaccinated and died? They chose not to take the vaccine, same as an overweight person chose not to take action.

As the OP stated, The CDC has shown the data that overweight/obese people make up a majority of the deaths, and as well all know, the CDC is not allowed to be questioned.
I haven't seen any posts where people mock those who were unvaccinated and died. Feel free to repost a few of them, if you can find them.

Incomudro

You think its cute to put a little laughing emoji below a post about 2,400 people dying per day? Fascinating.
It'd help if we knew the condition of these 2,400 people.
Are these numbers from the US? There are some 329 million people in this country - out of that number, it's not hard to imagine that some 2,400 people are in seriously poor condition from a variety of ailments and catching covid pushes them over the edge.
What would be good to do, is to educate the population as to who died, and what put them the most at risk.
Instead of implying that covid was/is an equal opportunity disease of which everyone is of equal risk for a poor outcome from.
Much as it did little good to present AIDS as an equal opportunity disease.
You have to target who is most at risk, and why.
With that information, some members of the population may make some positive changes in their lives which will reduce their risk of a poor covid outcome, or a poor outcome from something that may arise in the future.
After all, most of the conditions that put people at a high risk of fairing poorly from covid also put people are lifestyle related illnesses.
Learn from this.
This should be a teaching moment.

lazyboy97o

Are these numbers from the US? There are some 329 million people in this country - out of that number, it's not hard to imagine that some 2,400 people are in seriously poor condition from a variety of ailments and catching covid pushes them over the edge.
What would be good to do, is to educate the population as to who died, and what put them the most at risk.
Instead of implying that covid was/is an equal opportunity disease of which everyone is of equal risk for a poor outcome from.
With that information, some members of the population may make some positive changes in their lives which will reduce their risk of a poor covid outcome, or a poor outcome from something that may arise in the future.
After all, most of the conditions that put people at a high risk of fairing poorly from covid also put people are lifestyle related illnesses.
Learn from this.
Except people like you refuse to learn and won’t support removing barriers that make “lifestyle choices” difficult to change. Telling people to just get up while you stand on their back isn’t helpful.

Ripken10

You are so totally wrong it isn't even funny. Approx. 31,720 people died from car accidents last year, for a daily average of just under 87. Get your facts straight.
The 3,700 is worldwide. So he was correct. approx 3,700 people die everyday worldwide. In 2018 39,880 people died from traffic related accidents in the US (last reported year by WHO, I didn't check CDC)

tpoly88

Deaths lag cases and hospitalizations. This number, if accurate today, should come down...
Numbers coming in from FL Trend mag and other areas says infections down 50% from the height a couple weeks ago and now down below Delta height. While we did have a large number of infections the majority were very mild and the use of the monoclonal helped a lot i had dozens of friends and family get this over Christmas, got the monoclonal or took ivermectin and were done in 5 days. All reports are saying the worst is over and we need to live with this now and one item that needs to be done is to cocoon the high risk individuals. FL has been good about this, taking care of the elderly and patients with conditions and while everyone said we in Florida were idots, neanderthals and the like, the cases here were no worse than the total lock down states and given the amount of toursim that came here and brought the virus, we did pretty well. This is still a dangerous dsiease for a group of people and cant forget that but for the rest of us time to get back to normal and live with the fact people do get sick and we have treatments for it. The people not vaccinated, alot cant take it like my sister in law as she has MS so dont judge these people they have their reasons.
To point out i thought this thread was for disney mask policy? Time for Disney to change that with the times now.

Last edited by a moderator:

lazyboy97o

You are so totally wrong it isn't even funny. Approx. 31,720 people died from car accidents last year, for a daily average of just under 87. Get your facts straight.
And there are all sorts of things that we could do that would reduce the negative impacts of cars, from direct negatives like injuries and deaths, to longer term negatives like the high cost of maintaining sprawling infrastructure or the impact of pollution. Many of these things would also help make people healthier.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
And there are all sorts of things that we could do that would reduce the negative impacts of cars, from direct negatives like injuries and deaths, to longer term negatives like the high cost of maintaining sprawling infrastructure or the impact of pollution. Many of these things would also help make people healthier, but we can’t do them for reasons.
I was only correcting the totally incorrect number that 3,700 people die in the U.S. every day in car accidents. Nothing else.

BuddyThomas

Learn from this.
I should have clarified - it is an average of 2400 Americans dying each day. I'm getting very sick and tired of the "experts" on here lecturing me about the supposed lifestyle choices of COVID victims when I have known perfectly healthy people with zero underlying conditions who have passed away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom