News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingleRider

Premium Member
No idea but the California mandate I believe ends on the 15th. ( For the state not Disneyland )

So that’s something to keep an eye on.
They became optional at WDW on June 15 last year which was the same date that CA’s mandate was lifted the first time.

Incomudro

I don't know what you are talking about that has anything to do with this conversation whatsoever. Maybe you got distracted while you were sprinkling your laugh emojis all over posts that you don't agree with, which, by the way, violates board rules. If you are again spreading misinformation that the only people who die from COVID are out of shape, you are, once again, incorrect.

Chris Trousdale of Dream Street and The Broadway Kids died of COVID at the age of 34., in shape, no underlying conditions.

Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne died of COVID at the age of 52, in shape, no underlying conditions

Matteo de Cosmo, an art director died of COVID at age 52 - in shape, no underlying conditions.

Broadway star Nick Cordero died of COVID at the age of 41, but not before he had to get a leg amputated due to the disease. He was a fitness fanatic, in great shape, and no underlying conditions.

I could go on and on and on, but frankly, to a group of people who are very proudly minimizing human suffering and death, it is not worth another second of my time.
Exceptions don't prove the rule.
Yes, covid killed some people who were not in the higher risk categories - just as some young people have heart attacks, and some children are unfortunate enough to get cancer.
But that doesn't mean that there aren't risk factors for those diseases nor demographics of who are most at risk.

JoeCamel

I'm shocked quite frankly. I assumed cruises would be the last to go. I am thrilled with the news as we are avid Disney cruisers but have held off for many reasons (masks being one). So...yay! More return to normalcy.
Norwegian is desperate, it has no cash, has ships to keep up, crew to pay and provisions to buy. It needs warm bodies but it was having problems before covid.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Exceptions don't prove the rule.
Yes, covid killed some people who were not in the higher risk categories - just as some young people have heart attacks, and some children are unfortunate enough to get cancer.
But that doesn't mean that there aren't risk factors for those diseases nor demographics of who are most at risk.
Besides age in general, underlying health issues such as obesity and diabetes (to name a few big ones). That has been the vast majority of deaths. Very sad. We know this, even if outliers do occur.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I think it's going to be a matter of days for Illinois at this point.

Although who knows if Chicago will drop theirs. Which by the way...we were checking out at Jewel the other day and we were right next to Mayor Lightfoot!!! She was doing her own bagging. :D We are the same height! (maybe I'm a little taller) She only had one security guy with her.
Would that be the one on Southport? We saw her there once.

correcaminos

For that to happen again you would think an announcement would be imminent.
It was only given notice a few days before it happened in June. I believe I came home and read the announcement in June and it took effect just days after.

Still voting on March 20th or 21st here. You know a handful of days after I return ;)

BuddyThomas

New York is letting their mandate lapse tomorrow.

It’s coming to an end rather quickly now.

Oh good. Broadway theatres full of unvaccinated, unmasked tourists from all over the country. What could possibly go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom