News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

Does anyone else think it's odd that their homepage says that their requirements have "recently changed" when they reinstated indoor masks in July of last year? It's been more than 6 months.

This company takes 4 years to build a restaurant. 6 months is a blink for them.
^^^^^^^^

This is the company that thinks it's acceptable to run BatB - still

marymarypoppins

I mean, we’re still averaging approximately 2,400 deaths per day nationally. And before anyone tells me “that’s nothing” or something equally offensive, it’s not nothing. It’s 2,400 people who are no longer walking the earth. Per day. Not sure what the big rush is to vanquish masks considering that we are still not out of this pandemic.
I wonder how many of these 2400 people also made unhealthy lifestyle choices that led to them being casualties of this virus? Maybe we should focus more time and energy providing people with the resources to live healthier lives instead of crappy paper mask and rapid test that are often not valid.
"About 78% of people who have been hospitalized, needed a ventilator or died from Covid-19 have been overweight or obese, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a new study Monday"

JoeCamel

I wonder how many of these 2400 people also made unhealthy lifestyle choices that led to them being casualties of this virus? Maybe we should focus more time and energy providing people with the resources to live healthier lives instead of crappy paper mask and rapid test that are often not valid.
"About 78% of people who have been hospitalized, needed a ventilator or died from Covid-19 have been overweight or obese, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a new study Monday"
How - uncaring. Blame the victim.
How about we ban alcohol like other drugs?
This is a societal issue not a we vs them but society has to want it first and they don't. No matter how vocal you are it is still a minority voice

Last edited:

marymarypoppins

This is a societal issue nit a we vs them butsocuety has to want it first and they don't. No matter how vocal you are it is still a minority voice
About as un caring as those who celebrate and find satisfaction in unvaccinated people dying due to covid. Poor lifestyle choices have consequences this being one of them .

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This is a societal issue nit a we vs them butsocuety has to want it first and they don't. No matter how vocal you are it is still a minority voice
Is it not the same when people (especially many here) show no sympathy and even go as far as mock those who were unvaccinated and died? They chose not to take the vaccine, same as an overweight person chose not to take action.

As the OP stated, The CDC has shown the data that overweight/obese people make up a majority of the deaths, and as well all know, the CDC is not allowed to be questioned.

lazyboy97o

Is it not the same when people (especially many here) show no sympathy and even go as far as mock those who were unvaccinated and died? They chose not to take the vaccine, same as an overweight person chose not to take action.

As the OP stated, The CDC has shown the data that overweight/obese people make up a majority of the deaths, and as well all know, the CDC is not allowed to be questioned.
Being overweight isn’t just a simple choice that can be dealt with in a few minutes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s never going to stick…because the Same straw men/false flags that have been rolled out for vaccines in the last year will be twisted and applied to anti-obesity. The end game here is that people resent those that are more intelligent/trained than they are and look for reasons for those facts to be open to negotiation.
About as un caring as those who celebrate and find satisfaction in unvaccinated people dying due to covid. Poor lifestyle choices have consequences this being one of them .
I may agree with you…or completely don’t? Excellent ambiguity on your part 😎

They wanted “freedom” from what actually boils down to common sense…who are we to deny them that?
Being overweight isn’t just a simple choice that can be dealt with in a few minutes.
Nor is it something that the particular corporate monolith we all patron is averse to…they sold a plan to have people overeat for 10 years to push the prices up…and reduced the cost - which automatically means cheaper/less fresh/lower quality food across the board to do it.

they also feel it’s a good day to have 27 food booths servings meat, deserts and alcohol around in a park 330 days a year…

people absolutely need to be more healthy and consume less…but what board are we on here?

Ripken10

Approx 69% of Americans are considered obese or overweight, so that 78% becomes a lot more reasonable when you consider that. Every virus will affect this group more than the 31% not classified in this category.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People know they are overweight, it makes them high risk for everything, not just COVID…just look at Disney World on any given day, it’s amazing that some of these people are still standing.
Yes…

but the obesity thing as a prelude to the predetermined “we gotta live our lives” with corona has been out there for 2 years…but it’s political and not maybe from the people you would guess…

its also a misdirection…while academically true, it is not realistic to one day say “just shouldn’t be fat…that’s the problem…now that that’s settled, I want to got to an amusement park, and a bar and crowd people again and do any damn well thing i please. We shouldn’t have ever stopped!”

..:how convenient is that?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And just one more thing about the obesity thing…it’s not going away. Madison Avenue is adjusting to it. I just saw a vineyard vines ad where there are two super happy walking on the beach in 4x resort wear. Victoria’s Secret is struggling and now fully embracing oversized. It’s across the board.

weight is a public health crisis…but there’s more money in big…
What do you think will win out?

as a society…we dumped the unhealthy 80’s and 90’s physical obsession and are going too far to starboard now…as usual.

…oh well…luge is on somewhere 🥇

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t blame them for these things but I do blame unvaccinated people who could be vaccinated—which is most of them.
So do most of us…but won’t say it out loud because you can’t do that and bite your pearls at the same time.

this is just about doing your part at this point and getting the help overseas to shut down the variant pipeline. Nothing more or less.

it’s not refighting a 200 year old war…or an old election…or a grudge Against a company from 40 years ago.

its not that…but the problem is that’s all people think it is. But won’t say it.

Trauma

I mean, we’re still averaging approximately 2,400 deaths per day nationally. And before anyone tells me “that’s nothing” or something equally offensive, it’s not nothing. It’s 2,400 people who are no longer walking the earth. Per day. Not sure what the big rush is to vanquish masks considering that we are still not out of this pandemic.
There is something like 350k births everyday. I don’t think the planet is going to run out of us.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's nothing.

There is something like 350k births everyday. I don’t think the planet is going to run out of us.
It’s not “nothing”…but it’s manageable.

my ideal scenario is the flatline actually happens with warm weather - take 3 - and then any lingering/recurrence next fall goes right after those that can’t do the right thing…and stays there.

“wishful” thinking…I suppose?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
“While this is a natural concern, there is no known evidence that use of face masks interferes with speech and language development or social communication. Plus, children can still get plenty of face time at home with mask-free family members.Aug 26, 2021”

That's not the point.

When a party is proposing an intervention, the burden is on that party to prove that the intervention is safe and effective. The burden is not on the opposing party to prove that it's unsafe or ineffective.

Absence of evidence that masks are harmful is not evidence that masks are unharmful.

In other words, you have to prove to me that masks DON'T interfere with speech and language development and that they DO prevent the spread of COVID-19. It's not my job to prove to you that masks DO interfere with speech and language development or that they DON'T prevent the spread of COVID-19. The people pushing the mandate have to justify the mandate. The people pushing for normal don't have to justify anything.

What you're suggesting is like rolling out vaccines without clinical trials and saying "welp, there's no evidence that vaccines are harmful." No kidding there's no evidence that they're harmful, because you haven't conducted the trial. That doesn't mean they're safe and effective until we've proven that they're safe and effective.

BuddyThomas

You think its cute to put a little laughing emoji below a post about 2,400 people dying per day? Fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom